Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Costs of Taxi/Mears/Bus from POP to Sea World and Universal

Hi everyone,

Wondering if you could help me out with my planning! I'm looking for information on how to get from POP Century Resort to Universal and Sea World.

So if anyone could help out that would be much appriciated!

I am looking for the Price/Travel Time using a Taxi/Mears/Bus System to both places!

Thanks so much!!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

To SW, I use the Lynx bus system..you have to get to the TTC and then hop on the Lynx bus there. It's about $1.50 pp, each way, and is Orlando's public transit system. It drops you off, on the street, just outside the SW parking area. You do have to let the driver know that is where you are going.
I wouldn't do that for US/IoA though. There are transfers involved.
For US/IoA, you can book Mears the day before you want to go. Just give them a call from your resort. They will give you the times for pickup. It cost about $20 pp, r/t if I'm remembering correctly. You can make your return pickup time when you book the day before or give them a call 90 mins before you are ready to leave.
A towncar service, or cab, will run you about $70 r/t, for 4 people, plus any tips.
It takes about 25-40 mins to get there from POP, if using a car service, cab or shuttle. The Lynx bus will take longer simply because you have to get to the TTC and the bus comes every 30 mins.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! That's extremely helpful!

Just a couple more questions,
What is the TTC and how do I get there from pop? And once there how do I find the seaworld bus?!

Thanks again

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Vallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #4
Jestocost
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post
Thanks for the info! That's extremely helpful!

Just a couple more questions,
What is the TTC and how do I get there from pop? And once there how do I find the seaworld bus?!

Thanks again
In case you're still interested, here's a link to the information on Mears transfers.

The TTC is the Transportation and Ticket Center which is basically the gateway from the MK parking lot to the MK and other areas around WDW. It's right next to the Poly and it's where you can get the monorails to Epcot, the MK and the MK resorts, the ferry boat to the MK, and buses to AK and DHS. There are no buses to the TTC from Disney resorts, however, so you'll have to get from POP probably to the MK, then take the ferry or monorail to the TTC to catch the Lynx bus. I can't help with exactly where to find the Lynx stop or how to ID the Sea World bus, however.
Spring 1976, WDW/Golf Resort; Spring 2000, WDW/CBR; Summer 2002, WDW/CBR; Thanksgiving 2003, Disney Wonder & WDW/CBR; Fall 2004, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2005, Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Fall 2005, WDW/BC; Summer 2006, Disney Magic E. Caribbean & WDW/POFQ; Christmas 2006, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2007, DLR/Disneyland Hotel; Fall 2007, WDW/Poly; Summer 2008, WDW/POFQ & Disney Wonder B2B; Thanksgiving 2008, WDW/Poly; Summer 2009, WDW/AKL; Christmas/New Year 2009-2010, WDW/Poly and Disney Magic W. Caribbean; Spring Break 2010, WDW/BC; Summer 2010, WDW/GF; Thanksgiving 2010, WDW/POFQ; Spring Break 2011, WDW/BC; Summer 2011, WDW/BWI; Thanksgiving 2011, Disney Dream; Summer 2012, WDW/AKL;F&WF 2012, WDW/BWI; Spring Break 2013, WDW/BC; Summer 2013, Disney Wonder Alaska; F&WF 2013, WDW/YC; Spring Break 2014, WDW/AKL and Disney Fantasy W. Caribbean; Summer 2014, WDW/WL; October 2014, Disney Magic S. Caribbean and Repo B2B

Jestocost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Check out this link www.golynx.com
It should give you the route numbers as well as times of buses. I believe it's the number 50 bus. It also stops at DTD but I'm really not familier with where it stops there.
When you get to the TTC, you will see a bunch of bus stops along the curb. If you walk up that sidewalk, with the TTC building on your left, parkng lot on your right, the Lynx number 50 should be up a stop or two..it should be easy to spot.
You would need to get to MK then over to the TTC from your resort.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
imzadiangel
Earning My Ears

Taxi vs Stuttle

Per my husband who works for mears: if you are a group of 4 or more, it is best to take a taxi. The fare is about $32 for up to 9 in a taxi van from Pop to universal. The shuttle is more expensive if you have more than 3 people traveling. Also, taxis give you more fexibility time wise. For universal, you'll have a Checker cab going out and most likely a city coming back. Checker can't pick up at universal. Both are run by mears. Hope this helps!
imzadiangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:31 AM   #7
Edd

Mouseketeer

Mears taxi vans hold up to 7 only. They do not have 9 passenger taxi vans.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #8
imzadiangel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
Mears taxi vans hold up to 7 only. They do not have 9 passenger taxi vans.
See, what Mears says and their driver lit. and vans say appears to be in conflict. I'll reverify.

Last edited by imzadiangel; 07-07-2009 at 10:02 PM.
imzadiangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
Edd

Mouseketeer

The 9 passenger vans the OP saw in the lot were Mears Shuttle Vans. To be real clear Mears does not have 9 passenger taxi vans.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #10
littlelaura
If theres no chocolate in heaven, i aint going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
To SW, I use the Lynx bus system..you have to get to the TTC and then hop on the Lynx bus there. It's about $1.50 pp, each way, and is Orlando's public transit system. It drops you off, on the street, just outside the SW parking area. You do have to let the driver know that is where you are going.
I wouldn't do that for US/IoA though. There are transfers involved.
For US/IoA, you can book Mears the day before you want to go. Just give them a call from your resort. They will give you the times for pickup. It cost about $20 pp, r/t if I'm remembering correctly. You can make your return pickup time when you book the day before or give them a call 90 mins before you are ready to leave.
A towncar service, or cab, will run you about $70 r/t, for 4 people, plus any tips.
It takes about 25-40 mins to get there from POP, if using a car service, cab or shuttle. The Lynx bus will take longer simply because you have to get to the TTC and the bus comes every 30 mins.
how was the bus to seaworld? i've seen posts that say it took forever to get there, and was a waste of a morning, yet according to the lynx timetable it should only take about half hour.
also do you know what the child fare is for mears, i'm guessing they pay a reduced rate

littlelaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #11
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

Do you need to call ahead of time? My son and a few of his friends would like to head to Universal for a day. We are staying at the BWV, are they better off just taking a Mears taxi? Thanks.

Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: