Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 AM   #76
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Lovely newsletter.

I'd wait to find a gold pair of shoes.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #77
Michelle2010
Mouseketeer

I love the newsletter, it reminds me of a scroll which would have been used for announcements hundreds of years ago but more modern of course.

I also love the shoes but you have plenty of time to find the gold shoes you really want before the wedding. Also, if you buy those shoes would you really wear them? I know I would keep them in a box until the wedding day so they couldn't get damaged

You could set up an automatic transfer to your savings account every month, it is amazing how quickly your savings build up and you hardly notice the money disappearing!
Michelle2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #78
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMoB View Post
I adore the shoes hmmm - they definitely are not gold though but, as my daughter says, a girl can never have too many shoes!! How about wearing these for the ceremony, and then swapping into something gold for the reception (dancing) and/or beach shots (sandals)??

You can always recalculate the budget again from next month ....
I know, I really love these because they are just too cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
The newsletter is fantastic!! Makes me wish I had a reason (or excuse even! Lol) to do one! As far as shoes go, if you're having doubts about the ones you already have then maybe they're not THE shoes for your big day! Besides, the ones you just posted are super cute.
The reason I already have a pair, is because they go with the dress I already have ok I'll explain a little. When I was in the US in May, I went dress shopping. I was amazed at the prices, so dirt cheap compared to anything we have here. I tried on a dress and fell in love with it. It was gorgeous, but not what I wanted for my wedding dress, because it was so cheap though, I couldn't leave the store without it. So I bought it, and the matching shoes and hand bag. Now I've known from the beginning that it wasn't going to be my wedding dress - unless I simply can not find another one that I like - it was always going to be my At Home Reception dress, so the shoes and the bag were always going to be my at home reception accessories. However, I can't really justify buying more wedding shoes unless they are exactly what I want, because the AHR shoes will match any dress anyway, so there's really no reason to spend more money, on more shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Lovely newsletter.

I'd wait to find a gold pair of shoes.
I think I will... Maybe I'll buy these shoes in black as just going out shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle2010 View Post
I love the newsletter, it reminds me of a scroll which would have been used for announcements hundreds of years ago but more modern of course.

I also love the shoes but you have plenty of time to find the gold shoes you really want before the wedding. Also, if you buy those shoes would you really wear them? I know I would keep them in a box until the wedding day so they couldn't get damaged

You could set up an automatic transfer to your savings account every month, it is amazing how quickly your savings build up and you hardly notice the money disappearing!
That is usually what I do, but at the moment our auto transfer is paying off our credit cards from our last trip They'll be paid off soon, and the money can start going into the wedding fund...
Old 08-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #79
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Oooh such cute shoes!!!

I have a friend who is a complete shoe-a-holic on the lookout for mine. I too want golden shoes, or a very specific shade of blue.
I am not a girly girl and I have zero balance so I need short heels of just flats.

I know what you mean about clothing prices in Europe. I lived in Spain most of my life and whenever we made it to the US on holiday we would always bring extra empty suitcases to load them up with clothes!
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #80
BecBennett

I'm at work counting down the minutes until lunch time...

I received a sample contract from Misty this morning but there's only so many times you can read through a contract before it gets boring...
Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #81
BecBennett

Look at what I did!!!

I'm so proud of myself, because seriously I can not sew!

But look what I did! All by myself!

It's a garter! In my colours and everything!

Here's a close up.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #82
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Excellent job
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #83
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Awesome! Good job!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #84
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Oooh! I am impressed!

It's beautiful, great job!
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #85
Michelle2010
Mouseketeer

The garter looks great and will be a lovely keepsake, well done!

Are you booking Misty? We're really looking forward to working with her - all her photos other Disbrides have posted look amazing
Michelle2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #86
BecBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoKat View Post
Oooh! I am impressed!

It's beautiful, great job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
Awesome! Good job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Excellent job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle2010 View Post
The garter looks great and will be a lovely keepsake, well done!

Are you booking Misty? We're really looking forward to working with her - all her photos other Disbrides have posted look amazing
Thanks, I wasn't going to say, but it's actually my 3rd attempt I'm pretty happy with it, but I still might have a go at making another one, then I'll have a range to pick from, and I can always try selling the others on ebay!

Yeah I'm planning on booking Misty, I can't quite bring myself to do it yet, because I feel like the wedding is too far awy to have anything officially booked! I should do it though, because the AU$ is quite high at the moment...
Old 08-10-2009, 01:16 AM   #87
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Brilliant job on your garter, dear! It's really cute!!

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #88
BecBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish delight View Post
Brilliant job on your garter, dear! It's really cute!!
Thanks!

Does anyone have pictures of blokes wearing a tux similar to the one that I want DF to wear? By that I mean a black jacket and pants, and a white shirt, tie and vest?

I've got the picture that I posted earlier, but I want pictures of it on people, DF doesn't really like it, because he thinks you wouldn't be able to see the tie and vest, but I know you can and now I just need to prove it to him

I think I've decided that I'm going to have the groomsmen in white shirts instead of the black shirts, but everything else the same - gold vest and tie - I think it's the safer way to go. I'll post a pic later today.

I haven't contacted any companies, but is anyone able to tell me roughly how much it costs to rent a suit, as apposed to buying one?

Oh, and I found a seller on ebay, who has a dress shop, who has told me that she could sell me the Alfred Angelo BM dress for $110 each, plus postage. I think this is pretty good because the dress at my local wedding shop is $270AU. and $110 in AU$ is around $140... So I know that it's better to buy it from her, then from here, but does anyone know of someone that sells them cheaper? I mean the real dresses too, not knock offs.

TIA.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:37 AM   #89
BecBennett

Here's the picture of what I want the groomsmen to be in now.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #90
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Yeah for booking (or looking at) Misty! We have her too...Love her work

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: