Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

DCL brides question about flowers and charges

I have been hearing from some people that your wedding bouquet can't be taken off the ship and then I have been hearing from other people that they can be taken off the ship with a bit of a fight, so can the flowers be taken off or can't they? I was planning on doing a MK shoot so it would be great to have them for that, also I was wondering if the taxes and fees are included in the DCL wedding like they are in an Escape wedding.

Thanks everyone!
Bickimook2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
BELLE16127
DIS Veteran

It seems that several things have been changing on DCL. DD is getting married onboard in November and some thnigs that were discussed and OK'd with the previous planner have now been changed to "NO" so you may want to actually talk to the wedding consultant Brianna I believe her name is.

DD is staying calm about the changes so far not thrilled but calm.
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
CinderelliT
Dreaming of Disney

Location: In Florida - close to Mickey's front door, yet still so far away!!

My understanding is no. It is a customs regulations thing. Most brides end up getting a second bouquet made for their photoshoot, or have silk one made.

In pictures, really good silk looks just like the real thing.
CinderelliT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I was told by Cathy (the previous DCL planner) that DCL got "special permission" to allow brides to take off their bouquets...I thought that all the other flowers I had ordered from the outside vendor would have to be left on the ship..

Rufaro (the onboard officer) said this was incorrect information..that Customs does not allow plants in SOIL or food (the reason you can't take off the cake) to be removed..cut flowers are ok..I saw another guest take off her roses she received as a stateroom gift.

I took off my bouquet and my bridesmaids took theirs too..I was afraid when I got to the customs desk, they would stop me and make me toss them..but the lady just sniffed them and said congratulations and we moved on

So this has nothing to do with DCL..it is a United States Customs law..and that has not changed
DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderelliT View Post
Most brides end up getting a second bouquet made for their photoshoot, or have silk one made.
The girls that get the second bouquet are usually having a WDW photo shoot and they want the flowers to be fresh for the shoot...my flowers were very fresh the day of the VR..actually, the best I have ever seen...but after 3 days and the drive home, they looked wilted and a little bruised. They sat in a vase for a week in my bar, but I wouldn't have been able to use them for a photo shoot..I guess it depends on when your photo shoot is...

The DCL VR was a package that was added to our cruise..I am not sure if the tax was added to that...you pay for the cruise, and port fees and taxes..honestly, I am not sure how it was done..because we received a Florida Resident Rate about 30 days before we sailed and got upgraded to a Cat 7, I have no idea how the rate structure was figured.

Patty and Lisa took their bouquets off after I did..they both had WDW photo shoots..I know Lisa had another bouquet for that shoot,but I don't know about Patty...

My mother and DH also took off their boutonniere and corsage too...I would only worry about the condition of the flowers

Last edited by DisneyDmbNut; 06-14-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Well with the wishes and the couture weddings there is like a 18% gratuity charge and then 6.5% tax charge tacked onto the overall bill, but in the escape package I heard those fees were all included in the price and I was wondering if that was the same for DCL weddings. I know you have to pay all the taxes and fees for the cruise itself, but I didn't know if that gratuity charge and sales tax were added to the DCL wedding add-on before all the other fees are added up for the cruise.

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ
Old 06-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
DisneyDmbNut

WL Vet

oh..no, there are no gratuity or services charges added to the cruise...
Old 06-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #8
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

You are 100% allowed to take your flowers off, but in the Florida heat I would not in anyway use them for a photo shoot! My would never have looked decent! Either get a new bouquet from an outside vendor, or take silks with you (like Jennifer is doing)!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
Bickimook2
Fab Five Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
You are 100% allowed to take your flowers off, but in the Florida heat I would not in anyway use them for a photo shoot! My would never have looked decent! Either get a new bouquet from an outside vendor, or take silks with you (like Jennifer is doing)!
I never really thought about the heat, I suppose I should probably look into silk flowers...sounds good

2003 High School Band Trip - First Time to WDW - Off Site/ 2008 First Time to WDW with DF - All Star Movies Resort/ June 2011 Disneymoon! - Port Orleans - FQ

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: