Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Thrifty car rental?

Has anyone used them lately?
Do they have a kiosk like Alamo? We are so spoiled with Alamo being able to just head over to the garage and choose our own car.
I'm finding a great rate with Thrifty and now that they're onsite I'm considering renting.

Any comments/recent experineces?
Thanks!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
QT Pooh
DIS Veteran

Thrifty doesn't have a kiosk, but they do have blue chip membership, which allows you to use a 'special' line to check in. There's never been anyone in that line when I get there. Blue Chip membership is free and you can sign up on line. I don't know if things have changed since they've moved to the airport garage, but they used to assign individual cars to people and not allow you to pick out your own.

I'll be renting from them starting on Saturday (unless any of their competitors can beat the $109/wk rate I have with them.) I will post back on this thread of my experience.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
torquelover
Always Dreaming

I spoke to Thrifty the other day and was told at the counter you could request an actual make and model from what is available. For me, we have a minivan reserved and I was told they rent generally 3 types. I would imagine Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country, but am unsure of the third.

It seems there is no direct phone number to the MCO location. Even calling the I-Drive personnel couldn't get me connected to anyone actually at MCO. Anyone have a direct number?
torquelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
WillCAD
Where there's a Will there's a way

The Thrifty web site lists the number for the MCO location as (877) 283-0898. The address listed is 9302 Airport Blvd, which is the terminal, so that has been updated. I would guess the phone number is probably the current number, too.

I have rented from Thrifty several times at MCO (not since they moved into the terminal), and I've always been very pleased with the service and the condition and cleanliness of the cars.

I've never been very picky about exact make and model of my rental car, as long as it's in good condition and big enough to fit me. But the Thrifty agents will certainly try to get you a particular make and model, if they have it available, and if it's in the car class you reserved. Just ask politely and see what they can do; be sure to ask BEFORE they start running through the rental procedures, so they won't have to reverse a bunch of stuff at the last minute.
WillCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!!
I just got an email from Southwest to earn double Rapid Reward credits for the same price I was quoted the other day.
Just an extra reason for me to go with them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: