Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
PrincessOliviasMom
Mouse Fanatic

Car rental from swan/dolphin?!

I've heard that there's a car rental on property at Swan/Dolphin ... Anyone know which company (or companies) they are?

Also, what's the best way to get to Swan/Dolphin from ASMu?

Thanks in advance
PrincessOliviasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
paladin
DIS Veteran

I've heard that there's a car rental on property at Swan/Dolphin ... Anyone know which company (or companies) they are? Alamo/National

Also, what's the best way to get to Swan/Dolphin from ASMu? Take a boat to DHS and then walk/take the boat (I prefer this in the heat) to the Swan/Dolphin

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
PrincessOliviasMom
Mouse Fanatic

Thank you!!!!
PrincessOliviasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin View Post
I've heard that there's a car rental on property at Swan/Dolphin ... Anyone know which company (or companies) they are? Alamo/National

Also, what's the best way to get to Swan/Dolphin from ASMu? Take a boat to DHS and then walk/take the boat (I prefer this in the heat) to the Swan/Dolphin
Paladin is correct, except that from ASMu you'd need to take a bus to DHS, and then walk/boat to S/D.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #5
richmo
DIS Veteran

I believe the Alamo location code for the Dolphin is ORLR74.
richmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
Stacey Blake
Earning My Ears

Wink

YEP!!
We are renting a car at the airport for a week and then dropping it off a the Dolphin - through Alamo - since we are staying on site for the remainder of our trip. Very convenient. Make sure you check their hours - the hotel's rental hours are not very long!

Stacey Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey Blake View Post
YEP!!
We are renting a car at the airport for a week and then dropping it off a the Dolphin - through Alamo - since we are staying on site for the remainder of our trip. Very convenient. Make sure you check their hours - the hotel's rental hours are not very long!
You can drop-off a rental car at the Dolphin after the desk is closed (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.). You just give the keys to the valet and get a receipt showing the time you returned the car and whether or not the gas tank was full.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
You can drop-off a rental car at the Dolphin after the desk is closed (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.). You just give the keys to the valet and get a receipt showing the time you returned the car and whether or not the gas tank was full.
This is what I did one trip. This was probably the nicest car rental drop-off experience I've ever had.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Yep, even if the desk is open you just give the keys to the valet and you get a receipt. The one time I rented from there we got a Toyota minivan that had 12 miles on it, nice.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
jcjohns91107
Mouseketeer

You can get better rates from Budget, which is at the Doubletree hotel on hotel drive. I checked both and rented from Budget. We're at YC and all I will have to do is take the bus to downtown disney and walk up the dtreet to the Doubletree to pick up the car.
June 2009 - Yacht Club
jcjohns91107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
Braque
It's the truth. It's actual.

Does anyone know if this would be a problem or create a rental issue. I am picking up at MCO and returning a car to the Dolphin. If I reserve for a full two weeeks, but return the vehicle after 9PM the night before the scsheduled return, I can save the morning's parking fee. If it's all handled through the valet the the Dolphin perhaps it is not an issue, but I didn't want to make a red flag on our rental. I'd rather have htis option than re-reserve the car with a late drop-off as it creates a warning notice on the pickup and might send me to the counter. Any rental experts help would be appreciated.
Braque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #12
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

The car rental offices are not opened until 9.
If you rent from the Car care center at Disney, they will send a car to pick you up at your resort, at least they did the last time I had a car from them. You could call.
here's the phone number-(407) 824-3470.
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:43 PM   #13
paladin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
Paladin is correct, except that from ASMu you'd need to take a bus to DHS, and then walk/boat to S/D.
Oops - yes I did mean a bus. Sorry about that.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjohns91107 View Post
You can get better rates from Budget, which is at the Doubletree hotel on hotel drive. I checked both and rented from Budget. We're at YC and all I will have to do is take the bus to downtown disney and walk up the dtreet to the Doubletree to pick up the car.
Let us know when you get back how much you enjoyed that LONG bus ride to Downtown Disney and then the walk to the Doubletree! It's FAR more convenient to pick-up the car at the Dolphin, which is a 5-minute walk from the Yacht Club. I bet it will take you 45 minutes to get to Budget at the Doubletree. Check rates for both Alamo and National - since the cars are the same, and the only difference is the price.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braque View Post
Does anyone know if this would be a problem or create a rental issue. I am picking up at MCO and returning a car to the Dolphin. If I reserve for a full two weeeks, but return the vehicle after 9PM the night before the scsheduled return, I can save the morning's parking fee. If it's all handled through the valet the the Dolphin perhaps it is not an issue, but I didn't want to make a red flag on our rental. I'd rather have htis option than re-reserve the car with a late drop-off as it creates a warning notice on the pickup and might send me to the counter. Any rental experts help would be appreciated.
I'm not sure if I understand your question. Parking charges are for 24 hours - generally from check-in time until 24 hours later. Returning a car after 9 p.m. is much too late to avoid a parking charge for that day. If you return your car 1 day early, notify the front desk so they will take that day's charge off your bill.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: