Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
arielrocks
always planning another trip to Disney!!!

Got a box from DVC today.......

It contained 1 pair of Mickey ears, one pouch of mickey confetti, a leather DVC folder and writing pad and some promotional material about Bay Lake Tower.

Have no idea why they sent it - anyone else get one?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
tink,too
DIS Veteran

No - but sure wish I did!

I did get my 2009 planner and my Summer copy of the Disney Files a week or so ago - but that was it.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
Purrrrfecta
A little cat named Lorelei. She is a club kid who goes out!
The Dynamic Super Babe

Ummm, so that's what is in that box! I just got a phone call from my dad to tell me that I had just received a box from Disney.

I am in America so I guess they are sending them all over. Yeah, I have been contemplating that add on.
Purrrrfecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
arielrocks

well its a mystery to me - they didn't say what it was for - but I do love my new ears!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
It contained 1 pair of Mickey ears, one pouch of mickey confetti, a leather DVC folder and writing pad and some promotional material about Bay Lake Tower.

Have no idea why they sent it - anyone else get one?
Did you sign up for the DVC webcast? I have seen people posting on the Theme Park and DVC boards that they signed up for this and got a box like you described in return.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
arielrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Did you sign up for the DVC webcast? I have seen people posting on the Theme Park and DVC boards that they signed up for this and got a box like you described in return.

Corinna
Nope - haven't signed up for anything!!
Old 06-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
dolphingirl47

Well, that is a lovely surprise then. Enjoy!

Corinna
Old 06-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #8
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

I got it as well - its the 'party in the box' that you were meant to get before the webcast. If you watched the webcast there were mentions of putting on your ears and throwing your mickey confetti in the air - it was disneys way of making the presentation more fun and interactive!! It was a really nice leather look DVC folder and pen though wasn't it!!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2014 - BLT, AKV (value) & HRH / August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
denegate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Well, that is a lovely surprise then. Enjoy!

Corinna
Didn't sign up for the Webcast but got the party-in-a-box anyway? Does anyone wonder where all the money for these little surprises come from? Unfortunately, probably our dues.........
denegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #10
dolphingirl47

Actually, I am pretty sure that they have a marketing budget that does not come out of our dues. People on the main DVC boards have discussed this at great length before. I assume that the surprise boxes come out of that budget.

Corinna
Old 06-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #11
Purrrrfecta
A little cat named Lorelei. She is a club kid who goes out!
The Dynamic Super Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by denegate View Post
Didn't sign up for the Webcast but got the party-in-a-box anyway? Does anyone wonder where all the money for these little surprises come from? Unfortunately, probably our dues.........
I was thinking the same thing. Why do they spend so much money?

PS I didn't sign up for DVC Webcast either.
Purrrrfecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 AM   #12
tubtruck
Tubtastic

I don't know why they keep sending us all this stuff, even the yearly points book is a waste of money in my opinion. This stuff is sent across to me in England on a regular basis, much of it is worth far less than the cost of the postage. I have had items sent that have cost over $15 in postage.
All the points charts are available on the web, I really don't need a thick book every year with them all in as well.
Yes its nice to have but at the same it is a bit wasteful from both a cost an environmental point of view.
As for a box of confetti and a set of mickey ears, they are not going to make me want to buy anything from anyone, I would prefer if possible that all this stuff stopped and a donation was made to a charity of my choice on my behalf for opting out of receiving these items. The odd post card and emails are quite sufficient to let me know of new properties and events.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
UKDEB
Found the Tag Fairy's hangout
All whacked up on Scooby Snacks

DISboards Moderator

I love all the stuff I get from DVC - it's the only exciting post I receive - and I really hope I get this box of surprises (well, not that they're surprises now, lol).

October 1992 ~ Enclave Suites, I-Drive May 1996 ~ Omni Rosen, I-Drive October 1998 ~ Villa-Clear Creek August 2000 ~ Beach Club/Villa-Sunset Lakes July 2001 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge/Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns Christmas 2001 ~ Villa-Formosa Gardens October 2002 ~ Hard Rock Hotel/Villa-Formosa Gdns May 2003 ~ Portofino Bay/Villa-Cumbrian Lakes January 2004 ~ Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes/Villa-Formosa Gardens July 2004 ~ Grand Floridian/Portofino Bay/Villa-Formosa Gardens December 2004 ~ Villa-Rolling Hills/Disney Wonder Cruise/BoardWalk Grand Villa/Contemporary April 2005 ~ Washington DC, Shenandoah, Blue Ridge Parkway, Charleston, Savannah, Royal Pacific Resort/Villa-Acadia Estates January 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/Royal Pacific Resort April 2006 ~ Celebration Hotel/NCL Jewel Cruise/Hotel Victor, Miami/Beach Cottage-Disney's Vero Beach October 2006 ~ Reunion Resort/BoardWalk Villa/Rosen Shingle Creek August 2007 ~ Saratoga Springs//Reunion Grande January 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas/Reunion Resort November 2008 ~ BoardWalk Villas/Royal Pacific Resort/Saratoga Springs March 2011 ~ Celebrity Cruise/Veness Towers, a stone's throw from the Magic Kingdom November 2012 ~ Bay Lake Tower/Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota/Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, Jupiter/Saratoga Springs September 2013 ~ Kidani Village/Saratoga Springs May 2014 ~ Beach Club Villas/Wyndham Grand Bonnet Creek/Bay Lake Tower
UKDEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKDEB View Post
I love all the stuff I get from DVC - it's the only exciting post I receive - and I really hope I get this box of surprises (well, not that they're surprises now, lol).
I loved getting it as well - had me bouncing around the living room!!

I thought it was just for the webcast and those finished last weekend - but others on here have received them without signing up for the webcast and even got them after the webcasts had finished broadcasting - so who knows- you might get lucky!!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2014 - BLT, AKV (value) & HRH / August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
happyj
DIS Veteran

I agree I also look for disney stuff in my post I love it .A piece of the magic
happyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: