Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Talking 06/29-07/04 bday @ CSR w/DDP Pre-trip Report

We are going to Disney this summer and I've decided to take a shot at a trip report of our time there. I've been spending a whole lot of time on these boards lately (just got laid off) so a good trip report is in order.

Birthday Bash at CSR!!!

Meet The Cast!

Me (Kindra, 28...on july 1st)
I am the park commando type. If it were up to me, I would sleep 4 hours a night and be in the parks from open till close everyday!! Unfortunately, DH won't allow me to do this
I am also the ultimate thrill junkie!!! I love roller coasters (live 30 mins from cedar point). My favorite rides are Soarin, TOT, RRC, TSM, EE, SplashM, and SpaceM. My favorite attractions are It's tough to be a bug, Festival of the Lion King, and Mickey's Philharmagic!
My fav disney movies are Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Cinderella, Cars, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., and Mary Poppins
I also love to eat!!! My favorite foods are seafood, chinese, and chocolate!
My fav disney restaurants are coral reef, victoria & albert's, 50's prime time, teppan edo, and Wolfgang Puck.
I am the giggly sort and love to laugh! I am currently laid off from my job but I am also a full time college student In my free time I love to spend time with family, watch disney movies, play basketball, workout, read, and travel (to disney!)

DH (Don, 30) I feel so bad that DH isn't typing this himself...guess everyone gets to read my opinion of him!
DH is very laid back and walks very sloooooow He likes to take leisurely strolls everywhere he goes. He's also NEVER in a hurry. His favorite attractions are TOT, TSM (though he can't seem to EVER beat my score ), Mickey's Philharmagic, and Soarin. His favorite park is Epcot. He loves to walk around the world sampling foods and wines.
DH is a mechanical engineer, works a lot of hours, and likes to relax when he gets the chance to vacation.
During his free time he enjoys working out and relaxing
DH loves to eat too. His favorite food is steak and he is a chocolate expert
His favorite restaurants are coral reef, le cellier, yachtsman steakhouse, and wolfgang puck

DD (Ramiah, 8) This little girl is truly a princess and no one can tell her any differently! She is a thrill junkie like her mommy and love everything disney (except for what she calls...the boring shows). She enjoys every ride that moves and her favorite show is Mickey's Philharmagic...we love to sing along to the songs!
She says her favorite ride is TSM...guess she likes to see mommy kick daddy's butt on that ride
Her favorite restaurant is Chef Mickey's.
Ramiah is an awesome soccer player and she loves to swim...LIKE NEMO!! hehe! She also loves to have play dates, go to the movies, the zoo, cedar point, and she enjoys reading.

Last edited by kindra657; 06-17-2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: many new changes!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Touring Plans

13 days, 1 hour, and 5 minutes until our CSR Birthday Trip!!!

Here are the plans for our CSR trip (June 29-July 4th):

Monday June 29th
  • Head to CLE airport for our 7:45 flight. Arrive at MCO at 10:05am.
  • Head to CSR to check-in and head straight to AK.
  • Purchase APs and enjoy AK until 7pm.
    Dinner at Tuscar House 4:00 or Yak & Yeti at 6:00p ???
    We've eaten at Yak & Yeti and loved it....anyone been to both???
  • Head to DHS to see Fantasmic! ...because in our last 6 trips, we haven't had the chance to see it yet!!!
Tuesday June 30th
  • Get to Epcot for rope drop (please please pray DH will allow us to do this!!! some extra pixie dust is needed for this one!!!)
  • Tour Future World
  • Lunch at Coral Reef 1:25pm
  • Head back to the resort to "relax"....relationships are all about give and take
Wednesday July 1
  • Head to MK for rope drop...let's hope there's some pixie dust left...wait a minute, it IS my birthday...
  • Leave MK at 10:15am and go to DHS for the rest of the day...where I want to use my birthday fastpasses
  • 50's Prime Time Cafe 4:25p
  • Enjoy EMH at DHS

Thursday July 2
  • Wake up very very late. Relax at the resort and enjoy the pool.
  • Head back to Epcot for touring World's Showcase and enjoy EMH
  • Le Chefs De France at 5:10p OR San Angel Inn 8:00 pm

Friday July 3
  • Sleep in again...and get our suitcases ready for departure
  • Head to Magic Kingdom for the day
  • (MUST see Hall of the Presidents and the fireworks!!!)
  • 1900 Park Fair at 4:55p or Kona Cafe 5:35pm
  • enjoy EMH till 2am
  • wake up VERY early for ME at 5am to catch our 8am flight back home

This departure won't be too sad because we are returning in 2 very short weeks and some of our good friends will be there and more friends are visiting from West Palm Beach!!! More on this upcoming trip later!

Last edited by kindra657; 06-22-2009 at 08:22 AM. Reason: more changes
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

I'm sure you are all wondering "WHERE ARE THE DINING RESIES!?!?!

All of you who are totally freaking right now, calm down. We are only doing one TS during our 1st trip, 2 on our 2nd trip, and uncertain about our 3rd. With me being laid off and our first trip being so short, we didn't want to spend a lot of time waiting in the restaurants and spending the extra money. At first, I was sort of sad about not doing the Basic DDP. We opted for the quick service DDP and I am now thrilled about that decision. LESS PLANNING!!! (and less money)
I know that planning is the fun part of a trip but I am actually enjoying this more relaxing upcoming trip! I am enjoying the idea of doing what we want and when we want without being bound by a ADR I made 180 days ago...well 90 days ago now

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!!!
Ok!! With the Aug trip probably cancelled, orders picking up at work...which means I'll be back at work (making money) about a month sooner than expected, the new online resie program, and my tummy rumbling right now thinking of all the good things to eat around the 'world', I changed my dining plan to the Plus dining plan I've made all my resies online and I can't make up my mind about the resie on the first day in AK park. Any ideas anyone??

Last edited by kindra657; 06-17-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Some pics from previous trips. We have so much fun! The magic is the reason why we keep coming back!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

12 MORE DAY!!!

OH how the days are dragging on!
When I was going through some pictures, I cam across pics from our "Disney" Chicago trip. This is GREAT for anyone who is driving distance from Chicago and needs a good Disney fix!!

Reasons why a Dis fan would enjoy Chicago:
  • Doorway to Dreams-In the Woodfield Mall, Disney's DVC has an entire store and also has model rooms of BLT (currently). Visiting the store and seeing Disney CMs wearing lanyards and smiling with their Disney smiles is a great dose of magic!! Everyone we spoke to while there were amazing! We went at the end of February '09 and that's when we added on our BLT contract.

entrance

BLT model room

• Rainforest Cafe- In that same exact mall in Chicago, there is a Rainforest Cafe! For those of you who love this restaurant and associate being there with Disney, it's a great magic maker....just don't look for the AK parking lot after you walk out

• Disney on Ice- We went during Disney on Ice and got last minute tickets....nose bleed seats too . Singing along to all of the Disney music really got me in the Disney mood . The lady behind me yelling at her kids and wearing a 1/2 length shirt (that she knows she had no business wearing! ) didn't bother me too much either

I should've gotten a pic of that lady...priceless

• Disney Stores- If you want some Disney store merchandise, Chicago has it! There's a Disney store in the Woodfield Mall and my favorite was in Downtown Chicago...across from Tiffany's. Many Disney Stores have closed in my area, so it was a real treat to see 2 different stores in one weekend!

on the ground right outside of the Disney Store in Downtown Chicago
Old 06-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #6
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

DD made certain I didn't leave the "babies" out of the trip report! They aren't even going to Disney! Anyways, meet the trio of trouble in our house!

This is Aussie. He is almost 7 years old and he's a Silky Terrier. He's the biggest one of them all weighing in a 9lbs

This is Mickey. He is 1.5 years old and a chihuahua. He is the shy and timid one of the group. He's also a spoiled brat!

This is Daisy! This is the best dog I've ever had!! She just turned 1 yrs old and she's a chihuahua as well. She's spunky, fearless, smart, and she listens very well! She's also the boss in this house. She eats first, gets her treats first, etc. The other 2 boys know not to mess with her!

spoiled brats!!! haha! why are these guys laying around while I'm busy cleaning up after all of them!?! I think Ramiah can do the dishes now

Poor Aussie!!! Daisy kicked him off of the couch!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Last edited by kindra657; 06-17-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #8
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

11 More Days!!

Today we are heading to Cedar Point. It's cloudy and rainy outside! Perfect! Rain always clears out that park!!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #9
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

You're very lucky to be going to Disney three times in one summer. We're going July 6th-13th. Only a few more days, you must be very excited!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 06-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #10
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Yes. Luck has everything to do with it!! Though today I found out that we may have to cancel our Aug trip.

Here's how the idea of 3 trips in one summer came to pass.

I get 2 vacation weeks a year. Business got slow and my job forced everyone to burn 1 week of vacation in March. We had our July 18-26 trip planned, booked, and paid for since Feb. I began to get very worried....what if they forced us to take the 2nd week of vacation during another week???

I spoke to my boss and he stated that it didn't matter what was or was not paid for-- if they do another week long shut down and give a 60 day notice of it, I was forced to use my last vacation week. We usually get busiest in the summer so I didn't worry too much. On April 23, they announced that we were shutting down the week of June 28 !!! That would be my last vacation week!! The plane tickets and everything we got for July would be wasted . I spoke to my husband and we decided to plan another vacation during the week of June 28 because I was guaranteed to have that week off. Well, not only are we getting that week off, but I've now been laid off since last Friday and it looks like we aren't going back until August or Sept. Today, my husband, who is an engineer and supervisor where I work, stated that orders are picking up fast and we may be back to work the end of July...if so, we will cancel our Aug trip. I wouldn't be too sad about that, but the July trip was the big one. It was the originally planned trip and we are going to be there with some friends too.
Also, we cancelled our SSR room (65pts) (aug 9-14) and booked AKV-Jambo house studio for 4 nights (Aug 9-13) (48 pts). We don't have a room for the night of the 13th yet, but if AP rates come out, we may do that and save our pts for our Jan trip/cruise.
My good friend Joe works with me too. He had 3 weeks planned for Disney in July. Because of the way they change our vacation weeks, he only has 2 weeks left and had to alter his trip as well. It stinks. They pay us well, but dictate our vacations too much IMO. It looks like this temp layoff came at the right time.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here for the report. Glad I found you.

RIP Genie
Old 06-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here for the report. Glad I found you.
yay!!! i got a couple viewers!!!

cedar point was awesome today!!! My strategies have been perfected for touring that park...too bad I haven't perfected wdw during spring break!
DD and I rode 10 coasters in 5 hrs and got home real early.it was great....tho it did make me miss Disney even more!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
You're very lucky to be going to Disney three times in one summer. We're going July 6th-13th. Only a few more days, you must be very excited!
we are VERY VERY excited!!! DH and I were just considering going down on Fri or Sat morn instead of Mon. CSR has availability ....then I called Continental airlines. They charge $150 to change the flight per ticket!!! PLUS the difference in ticket prices!! it ended up being like $950 total! Then I considered flying 1 way on a different airline. Found a cheap 1 way ticket thru airtran. I was planning to fly down to MCO via Airtran and fly back via Continental on my original return flight....sounds great right!?! I almost booked the airtran flight but decided to call continental back to make sure our return flight does not get cancelled if we dont show up for the departure flight. Sure enough!! We would have to change the flight to a 1 way ticket...costing us $150 per ticket still.
I've made a decision today! I WAS a loyal continental customer because I usually do not have so many changes in my plans, but after this year, I will never book another continental flight. I am going Southwest 100%!! I can change my flight with them without any charges!

still only 11 more days to go.....we almost made it sooner....silly airline!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #14
shellywalker
Mouseketeer

Hey!!! I'm glad you started a trip report! I love all your plans...and your tattoos! Holy crap, those are adorable! I can't wait to read more and see pics from your trip! Have the happiest bday EVER while your there...I know I will
Old 06-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #15
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellywalker View Post
Hey!!! I'm glad you started a trip report! I love all your plans...and your tattoos! Holy crap, those are adorable! I can't wait to read more and see pics from your trip! Have the happiest bday EVER while your there...I know I will
Thank you Shelly!! I'm so excited! I'm excited for you too! Hope your bday is a blast!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: