Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
punkin
Went through pain just to look like a lopsided Whoopi Goldberg

A little help for buying a bathing suit please.

My DD16 needs a suit. She is rather well endowed but in excellent shape so she wants a two piece suit. She does not want a tankini. She wants to show off her abs (well she's worked hard on them so why not). On the other hand every single bikini she tried on does not provide the kind of coverage and support on top she needs. The suits that provide this coverage are deemed too "old-ladyish".

So, where can I find "cute" and "young" suits that will support a D cup top and look good on a size 6 bottom?
punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Has she tried the Victoria Secret Miracle Bra suits?

The girls in the catalog look rather well-endowed and the tops of the suits are really their Miracle Bras designed as swimsuits.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

That'll keep the men on the DIS interested for a while...

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
punkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Has she tried the Victoria Secret Miracle Bra suits?

The girls in the catalog look rather well-endowed and the tops of the suits are really their Miracle Bras designed as swimsuits.
Miracle bras are push-ups, no? That is the last thing she needs.

Also please keep in mind she is 16 yo and I want something a lot less revealing than a victoria's secrets suit.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

I think I'd go for a "halter style" bikini top and bikini bottom. It's still going to be obvious that she's well endowed (very little clothing can hide that - whether big or small) but the cups are normally larger and have more support than the "triangle" tops. All kinds of spillage happening with the triangle tops!

Target's got tons of the halter style bikinis this year. You can get her a small bottom and a large top since they are sold individually. Have her go in and try them on!
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
ReneeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin View Post
Miracle bras are push-ups, no? That is the last thing she needs.

Also please keep in mind she is 16 yo and I want something a lot less revealing than a victoria's secrets suit.

Hmmmm...well, that's tough.

So she needs a minimizer bikini top, right. I just don't know if I've ever seen that.

Also, don't necessarily shy away from VS. (I have a 17 y/o daughter so I've done my share of bikini shopping!!).

Their swimsuits are no less revealing than any other "bikinis" out at the stores. A bikini is a bikini. If you look at their website, you will see that in many of their suits, they do offer a choice of bottoms that offer more coverage. As for the tops, I'm just not sure what sort of bikin top would be superior over a push up with wires and things to hold you in. Anything else is just going to totally lack support.

I know Oprah had given out some sites for suits for those needing more up top but darned if I can remember them. I do think they were VERY pricey though.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95

Last edited by Christine; 06-11-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Kickapoo Joie Juice
Gone.

I would check the newport-news website ( I think it's www.newport-news.com), they let you buy each piece separately and there are good styles to mix and match. It's also not grandma-ish and the prices are good.

If she's got size D b**bs, she's going to want underwire support (heck I'm a B and I want underwire support), and they have a lot of good choices and cool colors.
Kickapoo Joie Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #8
Darsa
Has an active imagination
Can't sleep with socks on!

Wow... I think if that was my kid she'd be hitting the beach in a full suit of armor My girl's got a lovely figure but she's "willowy"... thank goodness.

We bought a bikini for her at Target that had a top that covered a surprising amount; it was a "halter" type top and DD loves it, because she's shy but wants a two piece like all her friends, and the tankinis looked... unfortunate.

Good luck in your search!

Be a hero, because you can't take it with you!

In memory of my mom 1/12/44 - 3/25/10 I wish I could have helped, I'm so sorry!
Darsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #9
MinnieMe87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickapoo Joie Juice View Post
I would check the newport-news website ( I think it's www.newport-news.com), they let you buy each piece separately and there are good styles to mix and match. It's also not grandma-ish and the prices are good.

If she's got size D b**bs, she's going to want underwire support (heck I'm a B and I want underwire support), and they have a lot of good choices and cool colors.
I was going to suggest this site as well!! My friend who is larger busted gets lots of suits there.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
Jsme
DIS Veteran

There are many places they sale the suits as seperates. She probably needs a halter style top.

Cheap places are Target, Walmart & Aerospostle. I love Victoria Secret's bathing suits. Go to their website and look at the ones on sale. I know a couple of weeks ago they had some on sale that were decently priced. Also go to Retailmenot.com and see if they have any discount codes to VS. I saved $20 last month by getting 2 VS codes from retail me not. I was able to purchase 3 bathing suits for $30. That includes shipping fee twice because I made 2 orders.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/coll...ZZZ&rfnbr=1232

Last edited by Jsme; 06-11-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Jsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

I was exactly like your daughter when I was her age (and still now!)..
Big on top (DD size) and small on bottom (size 6). I need support but I also don't want to look like my grandma.

What I've found is the best is mixing and matching. I buy solid color bikini tops that can go with anything-black, brown, white, etc. that have underwire. Some are halters, some are just normal style.

Then I go to a cute store like Target or Old Navy and buy fun bikini bottoms!

This gives me the support I need minus the Granny look. My favorite bikini tops are from La Blanca Swimwear http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...q=f&oq=&aqi=g8
Old 06-11-2009, 12:27 PM   #12
punkin

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try them.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #13
Irish9697
Mouseketeer

A co-worker of mine swears by this site. She says the suits are fun and comfortable and provide support and coverage.

They just teamed up as part of the Gap family.

http://www.athleta.com/jump.jsp?item...ToExpandID=584

4 times before kids...CR & CBR, With kids...3/04 Hyatt Grand Cypress & AKL, 1/05 ASMo & AKL, 10/07 ASMu, 3/09 CBR, 10/09 POFQ & the Wonder, 5/10 Wonder w/ MawMaw, 12/10 Pop, 12/11 Dream w/MawMaw & PawPaw, ASSP 8/12, DL offsite Candy Cane Inn 2/13, CSR 10/13, WL 12/13, AOA 5/14, Fantasy 5/14....plans for Disneyland in 2015 & Magic 12/15...
Irish9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
luvmyfam444
DIS Veteran

Lands End - you can mix & match the styles of tops & bottoms
luvmyfam444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
DisneyBlonde
Popcorn and a Cold Beer..doesn't get any better than this!

I usually order from Venus Swimwear. They are a little pricey, but they are very well made, come in lots of nice patterns and several different top and bottom styles. I always get the underwire halter for support, and the scoop bottom isn't too low.

Good luck!

DisneyBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: