Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
IvyandLace
Certified pixie dust user

Another military ticket question for the books!

I just want to clarify-My husband and I are considering a trip to WDW in December 2009. My father-in-law is retired military but will not be going on the trip with us. In order to activate a purchased "Companion ticket" voucher at the gate, my father-in-law would have to be present, correct? Is he allowed to buy us vouchers on base if he is not present for their activation? I was hoping to save a bunch of money by using these tickets, but it looks like I will have to shell out for the non-discounted tickets.

Thanks!

IVY
July 1986 (Disney Inn) April 1991 (CBR) Oct. 2000 (ASMo)-Matt's 12th BD! Sept. 2001 (ASMu) Oct./Nov. 2002 (POFQ/ASMu) -Moriah's 12th BD, 1st MNSSHP! May 2003 (CBR)-Mother's Day! Oct./Nov. 2003 (ASMu) Jan. 2004 (Pop Century) May 2004 (POFQ) August 2004 (POP)-Rode out Hurricane Charlie! Nov./Dec. 2004-First DCL 7-day Eastern cruise & Micah's 12th BD! Dec. 2004 (offsite)-First Christmas trip! August 2005 (OKW studio, offsite) Nov. 2007 (POP)-Thanksgiving! June 2010 (offsite)-1st Amtrak ride, Disney Y.E.S. Program! January 2012 (1 bedroom at BLT with rented points)-Niece's 1st trip; Molly's 1st trip (in utero)
IvyandLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
devores
Mouseketeer

The military member who purchases the tickets MUST be present to activate them. No other way around.
devores is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
JoanneNC
DIS Veteran

Yes the military member MUST be at Disney World to activate them. Depending on the number of tickets - it might still be cheaper to pay for your FIL to fly round trip just to activate them
JoanneNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
LadyZolt
DIS Veteran

Also, the tickets expire December 23rd, so if your trip is over Christmas, it might not work anyway.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)
LadyZolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

The Service Member or a person with a DD1173 that indicates "Spouse" must be present at a WDW Ticket Window or Park Guest Relations Office to activate any tickets purchased at any other location or to puchase active Armed Forces Salute Tickets.

And any unused entitlements vanish at Midnight on December 23.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
ColeenD
My grandkids call me MiMi!

We went in May. Had purchased tickets in advance at Ft. Meade, MD. My husband had to show his retired military ID card at MK in order to activate the tickets for us and our grandchildren.

Castaway Platinum Member
ColeenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyandLace View Post
I just want to clarify-My husband and I are considering a trip to WDW in December 2009. My father-in-law is retired military but will not be going on the trip with us. In order to activate a purchased "Companion ticket" voucher at the gate, my father-in-law would have to be present, correct? Is he allowed to buy us vouchers on base if he is not present for their activation? I was hoping to save a bunch of money by using these tickets, but it looks like I will have to shell out for the non-discounted tickets.

Thanks!

IVY

The purpose of these tickets are so the military member can spend time at Disney with family and friends and as such your FIL HAS to be there to activate them. There is no way you can get in on these tickets without the military member or spouse with the proper Identification card activating them.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: