Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
Just-Pete
Mouseketeer

New member - First Pre Trip Report!

Okay so I’m brand new today…. Well kind of, I’ve officially joined today, but been lurking for quite a while now, since just before my first WDW trip in Nov 07’.

So a little background to this trip…. As mentioned above, me and three of my closest friends made our first visit in November 07. We stayed at Pop and had an amazing two weeks! So amazing in fact that we all made a pact to do it again… Then the groups dynamics took a bit of a change. Two of our original group, (one of whom being my best mate Chris) decided to join the Epcot Cultural Rep program. They were both successful and are now both roughly 6 months through their year in Epcot, both working in The Rose & Crown. So now a little later than originally planned, we’re off to see them. Along with some other friends, so the new Cast.

Me- Pete (27) Last WDW Trip Nov 07, with plenty of DLRP in between.
Jo (29) The second veteran from our Nov 07 trip, has also been to DLRP ten times in the last eight years
Kathryn (21) WDW Virgin, mad on Princesses, Alice in wonderland & Mary Poppins
Paul (21) Known as Kip, just along for the ride and cocktails if you ask me
Amy (23) Younger sister of Chris is over there working ,massive Princess and Tink fan. But she does hate all things HSM, so we may clash, eek!

Supporting Cast
Chris (25) On his year working in the Rose & Crown in Epcot
Kayleigh (23) see above
These two have proved very useful in the holiday planning / dining reservation department!!!

Anyway so this trip!!!! We fly on June 16th, Virgin VS027 LGW-MCO. And we’ll be staying at the All Star Music. With one weekend at the Hard Rock Hotel/Resort? At universal where we’ll be celebrating Chris’s 25th.
The resort was a big decision and took a lot of getting the group together to debate. Basically last time we went, the two of us who are returning stayed in POP and loved it. But we kinda wanted to step up to Moderate this time. However three out of the five of us going are Uni students, and aren’t in full time employment like the rest of us, so wanted to save pennies where they could. We didn’t mind too much, so we did try to book POP again in the end, so we settled for ASM, as it appeals the most to us, out of the three All-Stars. We’ve requested adjoining rooms, and the broadway section, as that we thought, was more us.

We’ll be travelling up to LGW the night before to stay at the Travelodge, not because its far from us…. Its only an hour drive, but we just can’t be bothered with traffic in the morning, so will take an evening drive across courtsesy of Jo’s dad, and then stay at the Travelodge, courtsesy of our friend who is the manager of said hotel. And yes I know that Travelodge and “Hotel” don’t really go hand in hand.

Okay that’s enough for now, and I’ll post what exists of our itinerary so far in the next post…

>Pete
Just-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Sounds like a fab trip cant wait to hear more !

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Great start Pete. Looking forward to reading more about your plans.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

sounds great

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Welcome Pete

sounds like a great holiday
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Looking forward to reading more.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Gaynor
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to hearing all your plans

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mc5sfpevnykyj.png[/img]
Aug 2009 Disneyland, San Diego and Las Vegas ....Dec 2009 Terra Verde Resort & Spa
Aug 2008 - 3 Weeks, 3 Day Disney Wonder, Port Orleans French Quarter, Villa @ Sunset Lakes
Aug 2007 Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando - May 2007 Terra Verde Resort & Spa
Feb 2006 Thousand Oaks
Aug 2004 Ridgewood Lakes
Xmas/New Year 2002/2003 Santa Fe DLP
Gaynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
Just-Pete
Mouseketeer

Okay here's the second half....

Arrival Day

So once we arrive, we have the Disney Magical Express booked to whisk us off to ASM, last time we went we flew with First Choice into Sanford, so we used a town car service for the drive to WDW, so not really sure what to expect with the Magical Express, I hope we can work it all out on the day!! Once we’re at the resort, Chris and Kayleigh are on an early that day so will head over to meet us, and once we’re all settled etc, we’ll recreate our first night last year by heading straight for MK to see Spectromagic and Wishes!!! We all agreed it would be a really magical introduction for the newbies amongst us, just to see how fabulous it can all be. Plus we get to fulfill another well maintained tradition amongst us, by ensuring the first food we purchase is a Casey’s Corner Hot-Dog, something we also do in the Paris one every time we go… I actually prefer the Parisian ones. Then after that we’ll probs head back and get our heads down.

Day 1

We’re off to Hollywood Studio’s as everyone who went last year voted Tower of Terror as our fave ride, so we’ll head things up with that, and a lunch reservation at the 50’s Prime Time diner which means nothing to me, but I’m ensured its good, and will suit my slightly fussy/unhealthy eating habits.

Fantasmic isn’t on this night, so later in the day we’re planning a mooch round Boardwalk, and then into Epcot for Illuminations.. We go Onnnnnn!!!!!

Day 2

Thursday Morning we have breakfast at Chef Mickeys in the contemporary which I’m very excited about as we didn’t visit that many other resorts last time, so I’m really looking forward to doing so this time. Breakfast with Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Minnie & Goofy should be fab!!! Plenty of photo opps!!! Chris is working this day, so after breakfast we’ll ride the monorail to Epcot with him and use the day to do the park whilst he does his shift. We’ll be there nice and early to get fast passes for the good rides, and we’ll probably go to the Rose & Crown for lunch, as Chris has recommended a really good server to us!! Funny that!!!

Chris finishes at 17:00 so we’ll all board a bus and head on to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic, at which point I’m sure the newbies in my group will spontaneously combust when they see how fab it is!! We’ll obviously have to squeeze on some night time rides on Tower of Terror too!!!

Day 3

Magic Kingdom!!!! We have a late breakfast booked at 1900 park fare in the Grand Floridian with Alice, Mary Poppins and the Pooh characters. I’ll have a defibrillator in my bag to revive Kathryn for this one. As it’s a late breakfast we can do some rides and get a fast pass or two before hand. That evening we have dinner at Ohana in the Poly, and then we’ll all enjoy some ‘Sunken Treasure’s’ everyones fave cocktail and watch Wishes from the Poly.

Day 4

Get up early and head to Universal, this is the night we’ll be staying at the Hard rock Hotel and, so we’ll do the parks all day then head back and hit City-Walk for the night to celebrate Chris’s 25th. Maybe dinner at the Hardrock??

Day 5

Wake up and hang around the pool at Hard Rock, maybe do the parks some more before we head back to Disney way, as that evening its Dinner in the Castle!!!! I don’t really think the menu is gonna do much for me now I’ve seen it, but Cinderella’s table is so hyped, I’ll go just for the experience and the photo opps again!!! The girls I know will LOVE it!!!

-------------

The rest of the days we havent set in stone yet as Chris has a few more shifts he couldn’t get anyone else to cover!! But we’re thinking Seaworld early in the week, one of the malls?? Typhoon Lagoon on Wednesday as that was closed last time we were there. And Clearwater beach on the Saturday, as the last time we were there, we barely left WDW, so will be nice to go further afield.

Plus we have a couple of other dining reservations, like on the Tuesday, Dinner at The Grand Floridian Café, followed by Drinks at the California Grill to watch wishes from atop the contemporary. Boma at AKL on Friday, and a Princess breakfast in Norway in Epcot on the second Sunday.

------------

Well that’s pretty much everything so far that we have mapped out, obviously, there’s a lot more other days there that I haven’t covered, so if I remember to keep a diary, I can write about all of them when I return!!!

Thanks for reading, hope it was all okay!!!

>Pete.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Great stuff Pete. Look forward to reading all about it when you get back.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #10
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

Great start!! Welcome to the DIS hope u stick around and shower us with pics and ur report when ur back

May 2005 All star Movies May 2008 Pop Century September 2009 Newport Bay Club
May 2010 Enclave Suites/Hard Rock Hotel Club/Pop Century

Natasha&Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
Just-Pete
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha&Matt View Post
Great start!! Welcome to the DIS hope u stick around and shower us with pics and ur report when ur back
Hey, thanks! I deffo will try, I've just signed up for a Flickr account as well, so I have somewhere to put the hundreds of pictures that will no doubt be will returning with us!!

>Pete.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Pete View Post
Hey, thanks! I deffo will try, I've just signed up for a Flickr account as well, so I have somewhere to put the hundreds of pictures that will no doubt be will returning with us!!

>Pete.
Lots of pics of the Hard Rock plssssssssss im staying there for 2 nights next year hehe.

May 2005 All star Movies May 2008 Pop Century September 2009 Newport Bay Club
May 2010 Enclave Suites/Hard Rock Hotel Club/Pop Century

Natasha&Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #13
jen_uk
Eurovision Nut !!

Sounds like a great trip, looking forward to hearing more

My dis buddy is Carolfoy
jen_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:28 AM   #14
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

sounds fab
Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #15
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Your plans sound great Pete,i love Chef Mickey's for breakfast .Love to hear all about what you get up to when you return.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: