Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
CyndiLooWho
DIS Veteran

Cheap stuff to do your laundry on vacation

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you know that I got a bottle of Suavitel fabric softener in the $1 aisle at Target yesterday. It's not a travel sized bottle, but it's not a "normal" sized bottle either - it's about the size of a shampoo bottle and s/b easy to pack.

Also, they had 2 load liquid All Small & Mighty in their travel size section. I think those were also $1 ea.

I had previously purchased the regular "small" size of All Small and Mighty at WM for $5. Since we are driving, it's just right for the box of food and sundries and not enough money to worry about leaving with it only half used.
CyndiLooWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Justsyd2
I snorted Coca-Cola out of my nose when he said that! Speaks French when no one else is around. "Why am I covered in feathers?"

We just got back from CBR last week. We noticed that the clothes soap in the laundry room machines cost $1.00, so it's no sweat if you need to purchase it there!

(Me) (DH)

2010 - Carnival/Paradise - Catalina Island/Ensenada and Disneyland
2009 - WDW/Caribbean Beach Resort
2007 - New Jersey/New York
2006 - Kansas City, Mo
2005 - Carnival/Fantasy - Bahamas
2003 - Big Bend National Park/Port Aransas, TX
2002 - RCC/Rhapsody - Key West/Belize/Cozumel
1998 - Disneyland - 9 times!

Register to remove

Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
jsmith
And now I am off to get my clippie!
And don't forget to take care of yourself

I travel for work and often have to do laundry two or three times in a tdy-i buy a product called Wash-ez that is a 3 in one sheet-you toss it in the was cycle and it has soap, softener and acts as a dryer sheet-there is a name brand company that makes a similiar product. I dont know what the name brand is but this one was a 1.60 in the military commissary-got 12 sheets which did me and a partner for a month long TDY and no liquid to deal with when flying.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
maleficentmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
I travel for work and often have to do laundry two or three times in a tdy-i buy a product called Wash-ez that is a 3 in one sheet-you toss it in the was cycle and it has soap, softener and acts as a dryer sheet-there is a name brand company that makes a similiar product. I dont know what the name brand is but this one was a 1.60 in the military commissary-got 12 sheets which did me and a partner for a month long TDY and no liquid to deal with when flying.
They just introduced new Purex laundry sheets that are good in reg. and HE machines. You put in washer and then toss in dryer with the clothes. It is detergent /softener and anti static in one sheet...and the cloth sheets are made right here in Tennessee. Haven't tried them yet but look ideal for travel, easy to pack.
maleficentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #5
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

You can also check out the home made laundry detergent threads to find budget friendly, low sudsing powder. Most recipes say to use 2 T for a full load.

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
mousehouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
Leajess99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficentmom View Post
They just introduced new Purex laundry sheets that are good in reg. and HE machines. You put in washer and then toss in dryer with the clothes. It is detergent /softener and anti static in one sheet...and the cloth sheets are made right here in Tennessee. Haven't tried them yet but look ideal for travel, easy to pack.
They work great as we bought them and used them when we were in Destin last week. It saved on wasting the rest of a bottle or paying $1 for a small box that was good for 1 load of laundry. Their website also has coupons for the stuff.
Leajess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leajess99 View Post
They work great as we bought them and used them when we were in Destin last week. It saved on wasting the rest of a bottle or paying $1 for a small box that was good for 1 load of laundry. Their website also has coupons for the stuff.
Just printed my coupon for the Purex 3in1 sheets. The coupon is $1 off. They run around 5.70-5.90 at WalMart for the 20 load pack in the plastic case, and about the same amount for the 24 refill pack. What a perfect item for travel! We'll be using this for our trip for sure.
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: