Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
callmeblissful
living in the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Question Advance reservations and food allergies?

When my mom takes my sisters and I to Disneyland for my birthday on August 14th, we want to consider making an advance reservation for a sit-down type restaurant. I just got my AP in April and I haven't yet been to a sit-down restaurant.

Firstly, is it too late to make an advance reservation? And how do you go about it? We were thinking about doing breakfast or lunch there, in Disneyland. I'd love to see the characters, but I'd also love to eat at the Blue Bayou. Any recommendations??

Secondly, I am allergic to tree nuts and need to make sure that they don't get in my food. If we make reservations, should we speak up about my food allergy now, or at the restaurant? I know to check for or ask about ingredients at the other places in the park, but I wasn't sure if they need to know beforehand for a reservation.

Annual Passholder - Last trip December 20-21; next trip in January
callmeblissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #2
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeblissful View Post
Secondly, I am allergic to tree nuts and need to make sure that they don't get in my food. If we make reservations, should we speak up about my food allergy now, or at the restaurant? I know to check for or ask about ingredients at the other places in the park, but I wasn't sure if they need to know beforehand for a reservation.
As someone with a life threatening peanut allergy and also tree nut allergy, I would note my allergy on my reservation, I know you do this at WDW but am not sure if they do this at Disneyland, I can't remember what we did on our last trip there as it's been a few years, but our upcoming trip, I will be mentioning with orgainsing our restaurant bookings. But also definately mention it at the restaurant as well. I'm a little over cautious so I mention it everywhere, booking, checking in at the restaurant, then to the server as well before ordering just so it's not missed I probably sound like a lunetic but I don't care . I know you can call at Disneyland and speak to a chef too about allergies.

Am looking forward to reading others responses about this because having been to WDW recently I know what to do there, so would be love to know what others do at Disneyland.
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
callmeblissful

Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice! As a fellow allergy sufferer, I don't think you're a lunatic in the slightest. The last thing anyone wants is to have an allergic reaction at Disneyland. If we end up making the reservation, I'll take your advice and mention it at every opportunity. Even people associated with Disney make mistakes.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Anna1227
Mouseketeer

I think you can start making Priority Seating reservations 2 months in advance, so no, it is not too late.

My daughter has a peanut allergy, and we told the CM on the phone when we made our Priority seatings, and she put a note on our account. It was a little different with each restaurant, but some confirmed the allergy with us when we checked in, and said they would have a chef come out and talk with us, and other times we had to mention it to our server, and they would have someone come out and talk with us. Overall, I have been very happy with how Disneyland has helped us out with the allergy, and we haven't had any problems.

As for whether you should do the character breakfast (I'm assuming you mean Minnie's Breakfast in the Park) or the Blue Bayou, we have done both, and really enjoyed both of them.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
callmeblissful

Thanks Anna! If it's sixty days, that's still a little while before we make a decision. I have read only good things about how WDW deals with special dietary needs, and it's reassuring to know that the same thing goes for Disneyland. It's also reassuring to hear from people who have experience with nut allergies specifically. Now I know I will be taken care of!

Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeblissful View Post
Thanks for the advice! As a fellow allergy sufferer, I don't think you're a lunatic in the slightest. The last thing anyone wants is to have an allergic reaction at Disneyland. If we end up making the reservation, I'll take your advice and mention it at every opportunity. Even people associated with Disney make mistakes.
I hope you carry an epi-pen if you have those kind of allergies. Just for safety sake.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adr, allergy, disneyland, reservation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: