Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
mrukjc
Photographer

A whole new world.....a whole new experience!!!

HI everyone... so here I am sitting and waiting with 10 days 6 hours 43 min and 8 7 6 5 4 ok you get it till i board a plane for the happiest place on earth! We head out on june 19th! i decided to pass some time and write a pre-trip report. I have read alot of others and figured it was time to pay my dues...lol

Ok so here we go....cast
Me- Collette (29) and a disney fan since i can remember!
DH- Jay (33) a poor soul who never knew the love of disney till he met me.. he is starting to come around
dd- Kaitlyn (8) her signature character is Ariel (they both have red hair) huge Hannah montana fan!
dd- Nicole (6) her sig is cinderella and if you ask her she is a princess without the castle ... loves and i do mean loves the jonas brothers (oh joe) disclaimer:
dad not thrilled about this

my littlest princess!

Kaitlyn and I

Jay and I at disneyland

So i guess a little more about us. We are an Air Force family and live in the barren desert of California (edwards afb). Hubbs is from Ohio and myself I am from the san fernando valley (insert valley girl joke here). We lived in Alamogordo, NM for about 10 years before we got stationed here.

Jay and I were married in June 2000 after a proper proposal was accepted during his first trip to disneyland!

When our first was one her rite of passage was a trip to disneyland...the only way to turn one! Since than we have gone to disneyland at least once a year.

When Nicole turned three my Dad who lived in orlando area at the time offered us a trip there... dont have to ask me twice. i hadnt been since i was 15 and i was all over that! Nicole got to eat at cindys table and she thought she was the coolest thing!!!! Unfortunatly DH had just returned from Iraq and wasnt much of a happy camper! I only gave him 24 hours of rest before I said guess what youre getting on another plane.

So here we are...

Photographing Melissa and Andre's Wedding on the Disney Magic!

Photographing Tiffany and Matthew's wedding on the Disney Dream!

1996- WDW- Contemporary
2006- WDW- Off site with our two kiddos for the youngest 3rd bday
2009- WDW- CSR with our girls again!
2013- Move to Florida, become a Cast Member and DISNEY ALL THE TIME!
ALL MY LIFE DISNEYLAND TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
mrukjc
Photographer

here we go!

Ok so first things first I got a note from my dog this morning who apparently gets on the computer and she said I didnt put a picture of her, and its one thing she cant go with us but to totally exclude her, so here is a picture of our sassy! sassafrass or wonder mutt! She was a rescue dog and the best dog we have ever had!!!!

OK so how did we get tied into a disney trip... lets see....

Well my husband had been in the desert since last august, we hadnt planned on going to disneyworld in fact we had talked about going to san francisco. Than my husband calls from Kuwait and says "hey i just got this email about disney offering a military deal, and he tells me he owes me a trip" he did!

Take a look at Mr. Happy Pants

So after i got off the phone with him i started to look it up and had us reserved for all star sports in early June (about right now) and was set to go. Fast Forward a week and I decided that we shouldnt go. (i should have had my head checked) It was still alot of money and I had already gone to England in november (i had a friend that was stationed there and getting ready to leave). So we scrapped the idea and went on.

me in england with a guard... if you want to see more of england i can do that what a beautiful country!

So anywho I went about our buisness and one day hubbie calls again and says we need to go!This was in may, well i wasnt going to look a gift horse in the mouth and by that night we were booked. The only difference is we had to push back the dates and we went for Coronado Springs this time. My only criteria for this room was it had queen beds, hubbie and i are tall/big and a double was a joke! I put my 200 down and smiled and smiled!

1996- WDW- Contemporary
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
SilverL
My DH thinks he's Tarzan and I'm Jane. Go figure!

You're leaving in 10 days! How exciting!

Is this your kid's first trip to Disney World instead of Disney Land?

They are adorable!

Shawna (Me): Matthew (DH): (both in early 20's) | 8/01, 1/03, 9/07: Off Site w/family | 9/15/09-9/23/09: Pop Century Disneymoon w/DH!
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m6b514zwo2i71.png[/img]
Read my Pre-Trip Report : DISNEYMOON: "Honey, you didn't list underwear!"
Old 06-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
mrukjc
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverL View Post
You're leaving in 10 days! How exciting!

Is this your kid's first trip to Disney World instead of Disney Land?

They are adorable!
Yeah... someone is reading this!!!!
Thanks!
This is their second trip but first time staying on dis property for DH and them!!!!
I cant wait till we leave... its amazing how long 10 days can seem

1996- WDW- Contemporary
Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
mrukjc
Photographer

day 2 of planning

SO I knew that having adrs was important but I wasnt as planned out as i think we should have been and besides 2-3 places we got most of what we wanted...

we have:
20th- Akerhaus
21st- 1900 park for breakfast
22nd- Tepan edo
23rd- nothing
24th-50's prime time
25th- coral reef (daughters are big into ocean life)
26th-Crystal palace (dinner)
27th- Bomas
28th- Ohanas (breakfast) Hoopdedoo (dinner)
29th-Sci Fi
30th- supposed to be spirit of aloha but accidentally got doubled booked for hoopdedoo and cant get back in..=(
we leave the next morning.

The only other thing we wanted was chef mickeys and 1900 for dinner.

Last time we never ate like this but this time we are on the dining plan so eat away!!!!!

I also booked a richard petty rookie experience for the hubbie! This is probably the one thing that makes him all excited to go!!!

so now we have just about everything, hotel check, adrs check, flight bought check... hold up... Mama needs a new pair of shoes, and shorts and shirts and kiddos need the same time to go shopping!!!!!!

1996- WDW- Contemporary
Old 06-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
T1130
DIS Veteran

I am going the same time as you but I am leaving to go home on the 26th. I am also staying in CSR. My dd is 7 going to be 8 in August. Waiting to do online check I when I get home. Cannot do it at work.

WdW 1980 offsite
Wdw April 1992 CBR
Magic Land/Sea August 1999
Disney Magic 1st Eastern Iternary August 2000
Wonder Land/Sea August 2004
Asmo 2005
Old 06-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
mrukjc
Photographer

mono, one piece tankini????HELP

So when we get there our tickets are military tickets and we will add the water parks to them, what did this mean I needed a bathing suit...

So off I went! Now i live in california so i figured i would be able to find a suit pretty easily...I WAS WRONG!
I am not the thinnest girl around so i first headed to walmart cause you can find anything there right?? Wrong again! All the suits in my size had my grandma should wear this written all over them. One piece suits dont seem to exist anymore so i was left looking for a tankini. Geez i went to every store alld ay long , looking at horrible dressing room mirrors... needless to say I gave up went home and ate a pie!!!!!

So I have now gotten down to three suits one from jc penneys, kohls and a disney store one. All of them I have board shorts to wear with so ill post pictures and maybe you guys can help me decide. My husband picks the brown one (he likes it for perverted male reasons) so i could use a womans point of view....
here they are

introducing... the b o o bkini...by jcpenney

and the slimmetrimmeonesizesmalleronepiece...by kohls

and the mousekinini... by disney

weigh in for me please!!!
Ill write more later

1996- WDW- Contemporary

Last edited by mrukjc; 06-11-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: cant have the b o o b word
Old 06-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
lov2b@disney
DIS Veteran

the b o o bkini I have one that looks just like it! But the mickey one is cute... OK not much help!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #9
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrukjc View Post
SO I knew that having adrs was important but I wasnt as planned out as i think we should have been and besides 2-3 places we got most of what we wanted...

we have:
20th- Akerhaus
21st- 1900 park for breakfast
22nd- Tepan edo
23rd- nothing
24th-50's prime time
25th- coral reef (daughters are big into ocean life)
26th-Crystal palace (dinner)
27th- Bomas
28th- Ohanas (breakfast) Hoopdedoo (dinner)
29th-Sci Fi
30th- supposed to be spirit of aloha but accidentally got doubled booked for hoopdedoo and cant get back in..=(
we leave the next morning.
We're eating at Sci-Fi on the 24th for my birthday! Maybe we'll bump into one another. Let's see if we match up anywhere else. Here's mine:

24th-Sci Fi
25h-Kona for breakfast
27th-Tusker House breakfast
28th-Cape May Cafe breakfast

Quote:

introducing... the b o o bkini...by jcpenney

and the slimmetrimmeonesizesmalleronepiece...by kohls

and the mousekinini... by disney

weigh in for me please!!!
Ill write more later
I like the first one or the third one!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
mrukjc
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov2b@disney View Post
the b o o bkini I have one that looks just like it! But the mickey one is cute... OK not much help!
Yeah my husband loves that suit... ill tell you bout my choice here in a minute.

Dancer: so i started looking at your post and was like wow we have all the same ressies, than realized you posted mine and than yours! I am a tard!

1996- WDW- Contemporary
Old 06-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #11
mrukjc
Photographer

Oh disney store!

So the great bathing suit debate is over! Thanks to disney store! I got my bathing suit on friday by UPS and tore the package open, to my dismay they sent a 16 and I could fit my whole family in there!!!! I am not a real thin girl but this is not a 16 its more like a 26! I had a girlfriend come over who is a tad larger and wears a 16 and she was swimming in it! What a bummer! So i am keeping the other two, the b o o bkini is for the hotel pool and the one piece is for the waterparks! I only have the top for the b o o b one cause fed ex lost my package from jcpenneys and they shipped seperatly and were out of the bottoms! i will wear bottoms but just board shorts!
On a good note i found a ton of shirts at le'target that I like so i am ready to rock! Now i just need to take care of shoes for the fam and we are on it!
Course i have been packing for a month now and i had a dream i forgot to pack panties! That would suck!
4 more days...:ba nana: ill write more tomorrow we got upgraded on a few things and blah blah blah, i dont know if anyone is still reading this.

1996- WDW- Contemporary
Old 06-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #12
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

looks good so far!!

as much time as I have been spending on these boards lately (I just got laid off), a trip report sounds like a good idea!!!

hmmmmm....
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #13
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

Quote:
So the great bathing suit debate is over! Thanks to disney store! I got my bathing suit on friday by UPS and tore the package open, to my dismay they sent a 16 and I could fit my whole family in there!!!! I am not a real thin girl but this is not a 16 its more like a 26! I had a girlfriend come over who is a tad larger and wears a 16 and she was swimming in it! What a bummer! So i am keeping the other two, the b o o bkini is for the hotel pool and the one piece is for the waterparks! I only have the top for the b o o b one cause fed ex lost my package from jcpenneys and they shipped seperatly and were out of the bottoms! i will wear bottoms but just board shorts!
On a good note i found a ton of shirts at le'target that I like so i am ready to rock! Now i just need to take care of shoes for the fam and we are on it!
Course i have been packing for a month now and i had a dream i forgot to pack panties! That would suck!
4 more days...:ba nana: ill write more tomorrow we got upgraded on a few things and blah blah blah, i dont know if anyone is still reading this.
wish I would've read your post sooner about the bathing suit issue. I ordered a suit from Disney last year and encountered the same problem. You can send it back for a refund. I can't believe they are still making their suits so big!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm still reading!!! I can't wait to hear about upgrades!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
dd50
DIS Veteran

I'm here reading. I hate buying bathing suits and need to get one soon. That to me is so depressing. So what upgrades....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: