Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #91
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Okay I'm here now.. you, minnie nurse, LL and I can follow each other around now.

Im here now too!!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #92
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieNurse View Post

Im here now too!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Okay I'm here now.. you, minnie nurse, LL and I can follow each other around now.

I can't keep up!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #93
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I had no idea that online dining was up - I was just able to fix some of my reservations that the phone person messed up. I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome! I have to check it out still myself. They've blocked most Disney stuff at work so I haven't had the chance to do it yet. I will freak out if they every block out the DIS

I'm bummed that our schedules come so close but don't cross. I would have loved saying hi in person
Old 06-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #94
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

I know! I would have loved to have met everyone and said hi as well! What time does your flight leave on the 25th? I feel like you told me before, but I forget.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:45 PM   #95
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I know! I would have loved to have met everyone and said hi as well! What time does your flight leave on the 25th? I feel like you told me before, but I forget.
We fly out 8:20 am so we'll be gone, what is it, three ungodly hours before our flight leaves? Five AM - ugh.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #96
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

56 sleeps!!

So I was mighty cheesed last night because I had a new posting all typed out for my Day 3 and when I hit the button it went to a screen that said the sight was updating for maintenance My post? Gone. So lets see how much I can remember... again.

By the way, I stopped by Home Depot this morning and picked up my lime green mickey heads! I’m such a nerd, I was giggling walking out of the store!

Well I wasn't really expecting a whole lot of tips, etc for Animal Kingdom, but the pictures looked good! We’ll probably end up with the half day and take it easy getting ready for our next day which is…..

Day 3 !!

…at Epcot! Not a favorite of my DH in our first two trips but I think the last trip we were winning him over. It is my DS13 favorite park although he can’t pinpoint why. So no plans for breakfast, probably will grab something in the Pop food court, and then we’ll head on over.

Favorite attractions: Soarin, Test Track and Mission: Space. I personally don’t like Mission: Space too much, I get motion sickness on the easy version! We also like the Norway boat ride, the Nemo clamobiles and Turtle Talk with Crush. On our last trip, Demetri was tall enough to go on “the big boy rides” and each time he rode one for the first time, we would take a picture of him cheering “I’m a big boy!”

We also did for the first time on our last trip the Reimagined Spaceship Earth inside the golf ball thingy. It was just OK for me but my DS13 really enjoyed it. The pics at the end were fun too… he was sitting by himself in the car so his turned out pretty good. Mine sucked and I’m not posting it

Rides/things we’ve never been on or done and want to check out:
Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure – when we tested this in 2006 it was a blast!
Honey I Shrunk the Audience – we haven’t been back since our first trip so it should be like new again!
The Three Caballeros boat ride in Mexico – we’ve tried a few times to do this but for whatever reason, it just never worked out… we’ll make sure this time!
A boat ride in the waters in the middle of World Showcase – I don’t know the official name for this but this time we’re going to do it!
Club Cool – never knew it was there until about two months ago – A definite!
O Canada – Can you believe we’ve never been in the Canada Pavilion? Every year we walk past it and say, Eh? What could be in it that we haven’t already seen ? Yeah, we’re seeing it this time.

Our late lunch plans today are me and the boys at Teppan Edo. This is a new place for us and this is a place that I cannot see my daughter having remotely any fun at and so my DH volunteered to give her some extra rounds of Soarin and take her to Mickey D’s while we’re there. Anyone have reviews for Teppan Edo?

Again, Epcot has long hours until midnight this day so we will be leisure-ish and stroll-ish. I want to check out the pastry shop in France and watch the Garden Grill rotate and wander through the shops and visit Mary Poppins and Alice and Snow White with Dopey and Mulan with Mushu and I will be taking so many pictures my camera is going to request a day off!

I’ll share my Conductor of the Day story. Anyone recently involved in a pin trading conversation on MinnieNurse’s PTR can skip to the secrets to share (but not you Jordan, you need another dose of temptation ) Demetri loves the train set in Germany and last year we were visiting it but the trains were not yet moving. A CM approached Demetri and asked him if he wanted to be the Conductor of the Day. He was very excited to blow the magic whistle that would make the trains move and he received a Year of a Million Dreams Tinkerbell pin a COTD certificate and got to keep the whistle.

Oh, and my secrets to share for Epcot that I will be checking out… the temple in China is acoustically perfect – if you stand exactly in the middle of the room, your voice will echo back to you. You can purchase a fan, around 4 dollars and they will personalize it for free, they write the name in Chinese. ….and…. If you start flipping all of the switches and turning all the dials on Mission: Space, “Lt. Dan” comes over your speaker and tells you not to touch them.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #97
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Love the big boy pictures. I just we could keep them that way forever. So sweet.

I love Epcot. It is my 2nd favorite park. MK is just the most magical to me, but I think I like all the places to eat and the rides at Epcot more.

Okay here is my nerd confession: I am scared to take the LGMH from Home Depot. I dont know why, but I am scared I will get caught and what would I say?

"Um, Sir. I need these LGMH for my upcoming trip to WDW so everyone will know that I am a Dis'er. You understand right? Please dont take me to jail."

I am one of those people that cannot lie and could never steal anything because my face and body actions give it away. And while I dont look at it as stealing I just am to0 scared to take one.

I know pretty nerdy huh? I wander if I can talk my Mom into getting me some.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #98
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I like Epcot a lot but I have to do it in sections. I've been trying to think of some tips and tricks and I can't. I know that I know things but my brain is not functioning.

Minnie, I am the same way about the LGMH's. Marc steals them for me.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #99
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
"Um, Sir. I need these LGMH for my upcoming trip to WDW so everyone will know that I am a Dis'er. You understand right? Please dont take me to jail."
Mmmmm, didn't I just read something about Peeps singing "It's a Small World" until being released from jail? I'm sure that would work more than once.

Quote:
And while I dont look at it as stealing I just am to0 scared to take one.
While grabbing a handful of them, just have a conversation with yourself that Lance would just absolutely LOVE having an Alien Green bedroom and you can't wait to show him the mickey heads! Or better yet, get Lance to take them
Old 06-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #100
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I was looking for the hidden cameras when I lifted my LGMHs......

Epcot....Teppan Edo...my family ate there in 08 and enjoyed it. I was back in the room babysitting Dylan and baby Jordy. So I don't have any first hand info for you.....

Believe it or not I actually liked the old version in the Mexico Pavilion....it was dated and cheesy, but it was one of the few original attractions around...I think the France movie and the American Adventure are the only 2 original attractions in either FW or WS now.....
Old 06-20-2009, 11:08 PM   #101
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

If you like Japanese Hibachi Steak houses you will like Teppan Edo. We loved it and we had a great Chef when we were there. I think there is a picture of Lance with her in one of the first few pages of my PTR. I thought the food was as good as any of our hibachi grills here and the show while she cooks was good. We always love going to these kind of places. We went in 2006 or 2007 so it still had another name at that time. I think it was Teppanyaki then. I think you will enjoy it.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #102
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Help?

OK, I need some help please. I've been trying to add links on my first post and I guess I need step by excrutiating step instructions because I just can't make it work
Old 06-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #103
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Mmmmm, didn't I just read something about Peeps singing "It's a Small World" until being released from jail? I'm sure that would work more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
OK, I need some help please. I've been trying to add links on my first post and I guess I need step by excrutiating step instructions because I just can't make it work
LL is the smartest Dis'er I know, she helped me with this. I havent done it but was hoping to do it with my TR. I will see if I can find her instructions and forward on to you.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #105
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Father's Day Surprise!

Today is a small break from a planning post. What's that you say? Less than two months until my vacation and I'm taking a break ?? I know, I know, but hey it's a good reason because it's....

FATHER'S DAY!!

My DH is just about the worst person in the entire universe to buy a present for. He could care less about clothes or electronics, doesn't collect anything and won't tell me which tools he needs because he'd rather I just didn't spend any money. So although I am the ultimate present-picker-outer for other family members and friends of my kids always love the presents they bring to their parties..... my DH? Not so much. Just ask the Wayne Gretzky home Oilers jersey sitting in our closet never worn for the last ten years. Anyhoo So a few weeks ago I started to think about what the heidi-ho I could do for father's day. Let me digress....

My daughter is autistic. She received her diagnosis at the age of two (ten years ago) and on the same day that we got her diagnosis, two other monumentally important things happened. I swear to this day that someone upstairs was clearly guiding our lives in a very specific direction. The first of the two things was my husband got a new job at Ford. Needless to say, it was a bit of a salary increase from his then job and he'd been trying unsuccessfully for about five years to get in. He'd gone thru all the testing and interviews but for whatever reason, they'd kept ignoring him. But on this same day, he got a phone call telling him to report the next Monday. The second thing that happened was a very important article in that days newspaper. It was an interview of a family that was talking about therapy for their autistic son. It was mighty expensive, but it worked. We called up the psychologist, the only one in our city providing the therapy, and have been with him ever since.

So our home situation is somewhat unique in that my kids have never been in day care. One of us has always been home with them. Between my daughter's therapy, my older son's social schedule and more recently my youngest son's years before going to kindergarten this September.... I work days while the DH stays home with the kiddies, and then he works straight nights while I'm home. So we don't get to spend a whole lot of time with one another (we do both get weekends off thank heavens) hence why I push so hard on these WDW vacations.

So... if you're still with me on this post first of all my apologizes for going on and on. But all this back story leads me to why we were so excited to finally find something that we just KNEW the DH would love for father's day. He didn't need a thing, he needed time with us. So the kids and I secretly went on a scouting mission to find the perfect place to take him for a father's day picnic. A few weeks ago we went on a road trip to take a look at a place here called Webster's Falls. I'd always heard of the place but had never been and a bonus is my DS4 LOVES waterfalls. Turns out the place is freaking beautiful and its not just a waterfall, its a huge picnic area with trails thru gorgeous forests. And we'd never been! So kudos to my DS4 for keeping a secret for two whole weeks and when today arrived, I packed up a picnic lunch and gave the DH driving directions on where to go. Score! He LOVED it and we had so much fun.

A few pictures: (no pics of me since I'm taking them all)

Tags
ptr, sleeps, tracy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: