Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #76
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I thought of another Haunted Mansion factoid. In the graveyard scene, almost towards the end there is a grim reaper on the right hand side....if you look at his hand, there is a hidden mickey, it almost looks like he is holding it.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #77
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to say I am very bad with these kind of details so I dont have anything to add.

But I am loving reading all this infornation you have.

I new about the LGMH but never new the history.

I need to go back and look, I think I have a picture of that fountain, but of course I never noticed the crown.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #78
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

In light of the ADRs now going online, I'm reminded that I once heard there is also online check-ins at the resort. Is this true? Anyone done this?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:17 PM   #79
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
In light of the ADRs now going online, I'm reminded that I once heard there is also online check-ins at the resort. Is this true? Anyone done this?
It is true. You can go to the www.disneyworld.com website and log into My Disney Vacation. On the next page, you'll see Online Check-In. You can only check-in online if you are ten days out from your arrival date. When you get to your resort, there is a separate line for online check-in guests.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #80
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yes, there is online-check in at the resorts. We did this in April at Pop. I checked in online 10 days before our trip and then when we arrived we followed the signs to where we were supposed to pick up our room key etc. There was no wait--we went right up to the counter and they had all our information in a welcome packet for us. It was very easy and quick.

I'm not sure if we are going to do it in August yet though, because we made a few requests and I haven't really heard how online check-in is handling the requests........ especially if there is a problem--

Old 06-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #81
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It is true. You can go to the www.disneyworld.com website and log into My Disney Vacation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yes, there is online-check in at the resorts. We did this in April at Pop. I checked in online 10 days before our trip and then when we arrived we followed the signs to where we were supposed to pick up our room key etc. There was no wait--we went right up to the counter and they had all our information in a welcome packet for us. It was very easy and quick.
Thanks! Another milestone to look forward to and that one will be soooo close!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #82
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

58 sleeps!!

Well thank you to all who posted about yesterday's plan. Loving the hints and tips... but I want to see more pictures too! And now onto.....

Day 2!!

This day, Monday August 17th we are going to Animal Kingdom!

I'm banking that we will be at the Magic Kingdom pretty late the night before with the late hours until 1am. We'll be pretty rested from our light schedule and I haven't made any plans for breakfast so we'll wake up at our leisure and have breakfast at the resort.

Then its off to Animal Kingdom and.... that's it! No ADRs, no nothing! We will try the Flame Tree BBQ for a late lunch or early dinner, but we've made no other plans. Originally I had wanted to book dinner at the Rainforest Cafe but after I found out it wasn't part of the free dining plan I didn't want to pay OOP. We'll walk thru it to look at everything and get some pictures but no dinner this time.

AK has late hours this day, until 9pm, so we may stay till close, or we may go back to the Pop for a swim... whatever we feel like the day of. I'm inclined to maybe go visit the Animal Kingdom Lodge too, I've never been. Maybe try to get a walk-in for somewhere. Eh, we'll see I guess.

So that's Day 2!! Any favorite pictures or memories for Animal Kingdom? Any tips or secrets or hidden gems that we should try or look out for? Here's one that I've heard and hopefully will see. While walking on the way to Camp Minnie-Mickey, there are two talking bushes called Herb and Flora that pass the time by talking to passers-by and very loudly people-watching with each other. Very funny, but seem to only be "alive" for short periods of time.

And for all my talk about pictures, here's one from our trip last year. One of our favorite places to cool down. Man it can get hot!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:39 AM   #83
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I had no idea that online dining was up - I was just able to fix some of my reservations that the phone person messed up. I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #84
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I don't have any AK hints....it's my least favorite park. For some reason I get very overwhelmed at AK. Hmmm. I don't know why. I do really enjoy the Finding Nemo Musical though, so awesome!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #85
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I can't disagree, my family also considers AK our least favorite park. Its a shame because there is lots to do and see, but it always seems like the heat saps everything out of us when we're there. Our visits there are half days.

I remember waiting for the Jungle Jammin Parade last year and my excitement because I hadn't seen it before, but we were soooo hot and tired when it finally came on we were hoping each float was the last one just so we could start moving again.

We love Expedition Everest (we call it the Yeti ride) and of course Kali River Rapids. Its Tough to Be a Bug freaks out my DS4 and we all love the Festival of the Lion King and the Nemo Musical.

Maybe the touring of the different resorts is the way to go. Air conditioning!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #86
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Epcot was my husbands least favorite park on our honeymoon trip, but I'm hoping to change his feelings about Epcot on our next trip, we only spent half a day there. I can understand how AK is hotter, most zoos are about 10 degrees hotter than the city they are in too, wonder why? And I know AK is not a zoo I don't have a least favorite park yet....
Good plans for AK, sorry I have no tips.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 06-19-2009, 04:44 PM   #87
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hmmmmm, so no stories for AK eh? What about the Yak & Yeti ? I've never been and have heard mixed reviews. Is it worth trying to get in as a walk-in?
Old 06-19-2009, 06:14 PM   #89
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

AK is mine and DH least favorite also. But it is Lance's top pick. He loves it. He loves animals and I guess that is why.

Well once again I have no hints or tips about AK.

But did someone say pictures? Thats one thing I am not short on, here you go:

Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #90
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Okay I'm here now.. you, minnie nurse, LL and I can follow each other around now.

Tags
ptr, sleeps, tracy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: