Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Swaps
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
Michellepooh
DIS Veteran

Cruise swap signups coming Wednesday, June 10th!

I'm trying to finalize details for the cruise swap sign-ups and would like to get some input on how to set up the groups. I'm going to have groups for elements (2 elements for each group) as well as completed pages. There will be color groups (similar to the color swap), as well as a group for general cruises (can be used for any cruise line).

Also, would you like the groups to be set up with predetermined topics, or choose your own?

Here's some of my brainstorming, feel free to chime in with your thoughts of what you would like to see for this swap.

Restaurants (for both ships):
Parrot Cay, Palo, Animator's Palate, Pluto's

Magic Group (things exclusive to the Disney Magic):
Lumiere's, Beat Street, Twice Charmed

Wonder Group (things exclusive to the Disney Wonder):
Nassau, Route 66, Triton's, Toy Story show

Magic ports of call (do separate groups for Eastern, Western, and Mediterranean)

DCL general topics:
terminal, stateroom, towel animals, Castaway Cay, Formal Night, characters, 'Til We Meet Again, Golden Mickeys, Disney Dreams, lifeboat drill (this one goes to hopemax for her adorable Donald!), sail away party, sports activities on deck, spa, fish extenders, Castaway Club meeting

Pirate Night: I was thinking of giving pirate night its own group this year because there are so many things that go with it -lots of photo ops!

Groups for each of the kids' clubs

Cruise specific characters: Beach/Nautical, Pirate/Formal

Thoughts? Suggestions? I want to make sure I set this up in a way that people can find a use for the stuff they make and get back.

Last edited by Michellepooh; 06-09-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Michellepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
hopemax
Note to Self: Please remember to bring your brain with you this time

If ports of call are separate from a General Magic group I would sign up for the Magic group. I've only been on that ship for the trans-Atlantic, so the ports of call would be definitely different.

And I have to sign up for Lifeboat Drill for a general DCL group, cause I already made these guys!

I was supposed to cut out my pieces for Pluto wearing his sailor clothes, and the DCL logo, today, but I was lazy. Those are easy to turn into whatever topic is free.

Oh, it would also work better for me if the kids clubs/activities were put in their own group and not in the general groups, since I wouldn't really have a use for them. Although, now that I think about it, they did have "adults night" the one day and I made Flubber, so I do have some pics.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Michellepooh
DIS Veteran

Hope, that is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree that it's best to keep the Magic ports separate just because there are quite a few and not everyone has done all of them.

Didn't think about the kids' clubs. Not sure where to put those because if they were their own group, not everyone would have a need for each of the clubs (I won't be needing the Stack for a long time!).

Old 06-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
kkbeaton2
DIS Veteran

What about the sail away party or spa also? Also maybe something for activities on the deck (ie swimming, ping pong, basketball, etc).

Hope ~ Donald is SO cute in his life vest! He looks kind of like we felt while doing the drill!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #5
Michellepooh
DIS Veteran

Great suggestions, kkbeaton2! I knew there was stuff I was missing!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
Arizona Rita
DIS Veteran

First read this like Hedgie in Over the Hedge "I want a Donald!" (I want a cookie!)
Hope you could possibly do those again because I for one have never seen those!

What about Special NIght/Theme Night groups. Pirates is totally
seperate I agree but....
Formal Night
Small World
Till We Meet Again

And you could have the kids club group where they pick their own
AZR~ Stack
MP~ Ocean Quest
SIOH~ Flounders
So that those who want to do the kids clubs can?

And does anyone participate in Fish Extender exchanges because I think I have an idea ( OK< I called shotgun!)
So there could be a weird group where theres
FE
CC meeting

Just some ideas!
Arizona Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
Tigger1221
DIS Veteran

We have a fish extender when we cruise. I like pre-determined groups, so I know what I am getting and can sign-up for, But I will go with the flow.

April 2013-DD's 3rd trip, Dec.2012, Oct.2012- DD's 1st trips!!!!
Tigger1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
kkbeaton2
DIS Veteran

What is fish extender exchanges? I've never heard of that. Is the CC meeting the Castaway Club meeting? Also with the kids groups, I would have a need for the stack or the oceaneers club, but not the others.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #9
Michellepooh
DIS Veteran

We do the fish extender exchanges - they're a lot of fun! (The FE exchange is where you exchange small gifts with your fellow DIS cruisers. They are placed in bags or pouches that you hang from your "fish" - the small decoration outside your door where "mail" is left.)

I think for the kids' clubs, I will just do small groups for the individual clubs. Obviously they might not be big groups, but at least you will get something you know you have a use for.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #10
kkbeaton2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michellepooh View Post
We do the fish extender exchanges - they're a lot of fun! (The FE exchange is where you exchange small gifts with your fellow DIS cruisers. They are placed in bags or pouches that you hang from your "fish" - the small decoration outside your door where "mail" is left.)

I think for the kids' clubs, I will just do small groups for the individual clubs. Obviously they might not be big groups, but at least you will get something you know you have a use for.
OK. That makes more sense to me now about the FE stuff. That sounds like a good idea about the kids club.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #11
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Oh my, Hope, that Donald is so stinkin' cute!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
kkbeaton2
DIS Veteran

What will the due date be on this one? Also, what time do you plan on opening up this swap tomorrow?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #13
hopemax
Note to Self: Please remember to bring your brain with you this time

What about character groups? Cruise, Beach or Formal versions as opposed to regular dress versions from the normal character swap.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
Tigger1221
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopemax View Post
What about character groups? Cruise, Beach or Formal versions as opposed to regular dress versions from the normal character swap.
That sounds really cute! I can't wait for this swap. Oh and I love the Donald too.

April 2013-DD's 3rd trip, Dec.2012, Oct.2012- DD's 1st trips!!!!
Tigger1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #15
Michellepooh
DIS Veteran

I'm planning on posting signups around noon tomorrow to accomodate our West Coast swappers. Give or take a few minutes, depending on how the kids are behaving!!

How about a due date of August 15th? It sounds like most of us are interested in doing a bunch of groups, so this would give 2 months to get them all done.

I'm thinking of doing groups of 5 or 6 like I've done in the past. There usually isn't a huge number of participants for this swap, so this gives everyone a chance to sign up for more groups to get a bigger variety of items. If a group fills up, I'll just keep adding more.

Love the idea of have cruise-specific characters. Should we have separate groups for Formal, Beach, and Nautical, or just make the group "Cruise Specific" and let swappers choose the theme?

Also, for the completed page groups, do you want one page or two? Pre-determined topics or choose your own? Not sure how many people are interested in pages (I know I am!!), so I wasn't sure how many different groups or topics to have.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: