Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

How do you swap TS credits for CS credit?

or can you even do that?

I am so torn on this dining plan ...........we know we don't want to do 7 table service, so I was just going to add on the QS plan, but we do want to do 2 maybe 3 table service meals and I figured I would just pay oop for those,
when I compare the cost of the DDP to the QSDP the difference is only $168 for the week.
so I was thinking it would be more cost effective to do the regular DP and only do the TS we want and swap out the rest of the credits for quick service.
can we do this , and am I missing something or does this make sense?

I am thinking the regular dining plan is more beneficial cost wise.
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There are a couple of ways reported that you can do this.

1) Go to your resort lobby concierge and ask to have the TS credits you don't want converted to CS credits.

2) Go up to any CS restaurant and say you would like to pay with TS credits.

Keep in mind that this is not a written policy of the dining plan and with either option there is a risk that you may be told "no" because it is not an official policy and nobody HAS to do it. There are, however, posters on this board who have reported success with both methods.

Also make sure you've done the math properly, as I can't imagine that booking the basic dining plan and doing 2 or 3 TS meals out of 7 TS credits is a better deal than booking the QS dining plan and just paying OOP for the TS meals you want. Not sure about the logic in it being more beneficial cost-wise to book the basic DDP and not use most of the TS if the difference is nearly $200.
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
proud_canadian
DIS Veteran

Don't forget you get 2 snacks/day with the QS plan and only 1/d with the regular dining plan. So by upgrading to the DDP, you would lose 1 snack per person per day!
proud_canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
npmommie
Channels George Michael in her car...

I guess I was thinking we would spend more than the difference if we paid oop for 2 meals even.........but then again, we may not do 2,
I am obsessing over the dining plan!!
I think our first instinct was to do the qsdp and wing it from there for table service, see what we feel like doing.
my kids already said they want to go to garden grill again and they also want to go to park faire, they love the step sisters LOL
so I am sticking with the original plan.......qsdp, and just pay oop for those ts meals.......
npmommie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: