Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Back from our very first trip to WDW!!!

I just wanted to let you all know that my family and I returned from our very first trip to WDW!!!! (on Friday night)

We were there from May 27 - June 5th! 10 Days!!! We had a great time and are now trying to rest from a very busy 10 days with very little sleep.

I will try to post pictures of our shirts and other goodies in the next few days.

I met a very nice DISer and her family in the bus line at POP century (sorry, I did not get her name) and also met and visited with Bayou Mickey and his wife while in line at Magic Kingdom. They were both very nice and it sure is nice to put a face to a name. (I hope your adult only trip was fabulous!). On our very last day, I actually saw a man and his daughter in one of my designs. They were in the lobby of POP and I tried to catch up to them to introduce myself but couldn't. It was very cool to see one of my designs in person. (It was on the 5th at around 2:00 pm and it was a man and his daughter with my lego Star Wars design on the front and my Star Wars name fill on the back - if it was you please speak up.)

We did so much over our 10 days - it is almost a blur. I will try to hit some of the highlights over the next few days. I will be working on my Photopass CD as well and hope to be back designing in the next week or so. I just wanted to let you all know!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
chaoscent

Mouseketeer

DISboards Moderator

Amy - how exciting. I am glad you had a great time. It is so neat you saw one of your DISigns. Rest up and don't push it as you want to stay healthy.
Autograph Cards & Covers, Tshirts & Background Clip art are here http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...1Cent/?start=0 Our DISigns are free as we donate our time and talent to make them. If you like what we have made please consider a donation to Give Kids the World. To donate, please click the Power of 10 image in my signature.
chaoscent is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Kellybell
DIS Veteran

Wow I had no idea that you had never been to Disney World, I hope that it was all you imagined and I am looking forward to seeing your pics. Like you said it is nice to put a face to a name That must have been really cool to see your disigns on a person! I am hoping to see some on my trip in Sept.

Because of the DIS's strict policy I cannot link you to my blog that has LOTS of freebies, because I also have things for sale there. If you would like to check it out you can PM me your email and I would be happy to link you to it!
Kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see your pictures! How cool (and weird and awesome and strange!) to see one of your own designs at WDW on someone!!!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #5
taekwondo mom
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home I can't wait to see pics , now we know why you have been missing in action Sounds like you had a great trip.
taekwondo mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you had such a great trip! I didn't realize you had never been either! Are you already planning the next trip?

Can't wait to see pics! Definitely cool that you saw one of your designs! Too bad you weren't able to catch up to the family. I know I would love to run into one of you all in the World!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:51 AM   #7
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Hi Amy
welcome Home Hon!
Sounds like you had a great time.
I'll be watching for a "Trip Report" and
some great pics. Darn I wish you could
have met the people wearing your
design. Well maybe next trip
Great to hear from you,,,Hugs Hon
Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #8
rumblytumbly
It showed up better at the top
If I missed you speak up!

Amy,

So glad you had a great time. I can't wait to hear about it. I'd love to live it vicariously through you!

Welcome home!
rumblytumbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #9
jkshel
DIS Veteran USMC Veteran

We were there May 24th through June 1st. We were proudly wearing our AMYMICKEY iron on transfers too!! I have told so many people about your site and how well your transfers hold up versus the other store brands!! Thanks again for such a great product!
Disneyland March 2003
Disneyworld May 2009
Disneyworld May 2011
Universal Studios and Island of Adventure June 2012
Disneyworld March 2013
jkshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #10
iluv2go2disney
Please Oh Please! Can't we live at Walt Disney World

Sounds like you had a great trip. I can't wait to hear more about it and see pics.
iluv2go2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
Malania
Earning My Ears

Glad you had fun!!! I can't wait to go!!
Went to WDW Sept 2009, and can't wait to go again!
Malania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
RustManFan
devoted to all things Disney!!

DISboards Moderator

My trip is in November and hope it is as wonderful as your sounds! I will be hoping to see some of my DISigns too. I already spotted my St. Patrick's Day Mickey heads on I-Love-Disney.com.....that was weird

Offsite - 1987 - 1st Trip - Wilson World
CBR - 1989, 1995
FW (tent) - 1992 during Hurricane Andrew, 1997
Dixie Landings/POR - 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2009
Wilderness Lodge - 1996
DL - 2013 - Good Neighbor hotel

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/o...isney%20Stuff/
*** and eternal Rusty Wallace fan ! He is the RustMan ! ***
RustManFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Hey Amy!
It was awesome meeting you! You have such a great family! We still have our littles candies ya'll gave us. Hotrod refuses to let me eat them because they are "momentos". I didn't see any of my disigns but I got alot of potential customers lol.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
donatalie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblytumbly View Post
Amy,

So glad you had a great time. I can't wait to hear about it. I'd love to live it vicariously through you!

Welcome home!
I'm counting on it.....................
donatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #15
M_I_C_K_E_Y
It Was All Started by a Mouse

Thank you all for your kind words. I have never done a trip report before and since I only post here, I will just post a little info here. I am not sure how much information you all really want to hear.

For today, here are pictures of all the things we made for the trip!

Here is a picture of the window clings we made... I was sure to paint them with the white (vinyl? - I'll need to find the can to let you know for sure) spray paint so that the white areas were white and not clear.

Credit for the license plate design is Telynn, the DIS design and Star Wars Weekends design is Dom13, the nametag is ImTooExcitedToSleep, the family at the top is Leonsmom (now Tracie is customizing these), the group one at the bottom is one of my former Disney designs and the remainder of the designs are donatalie.

Kid's Journals - Cover was made my orchjoe (I did personalization) and the back cover was using Joe's design and Andrea Mosaic software. It was a mosaic of all of my favorite Disney pictures of the past. All of the inside pages were Natalie's (Thank you so much for working so hard to get them done in time for my trip!)

These were the mints we made to share in the park. Credit goes to Telynn for the original mint matchbook idea! I made one (the ones on white and tan) to give to the Castmembers that went with the celebration theme - some graphics were 'borrowed' from Natalie. The second set were the dalmatian ones. We made these for a sort of scavenger hunt. The mints said "you have been spotted". Anytime we saw any designs from the boards, we would give them a mint. More on this later...

Our penny tubes and DIS badges... We made the large tubes but I would suggest if you have more then one child to make the smaller ones. They were so heavy that I only carried one at a time. The badges were just printed to paper and covered with clear contact paper, then hole punched and attached to my bag. Credit for the designs go to Natalie.

Mousekeeping Envelopes - Credit goes to Bayou Mickey and Natalie. The only one that I am unsure of is the one on the top left. This belongs to someone else, please speak up if it is yours.

Epcot passports - credit goes to Natalie

Planning Book - Credit for cover design goes to Natalie. I had it sectioned off in general information in the front and then individual parks in their own section. It included all planning information and numbers, Some tips I wanted to remember from the boards, maps, dining suggestions and menus, blank pages to keep some notes on the trip, etc.. It was the size of 1/4 sheet of paper.

Shirts in next post...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: