Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 07:46 PM   #751
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Congrats on booking your trip - that is wonderful! I bet the girls are excited to be going again.

I was meaning to ask you; would your girls like a Fairy Godmother (moi ) to send them a postcard from Disney World? I could certainly do that for you, if you'd like.

Take care!
Katie
No, we haven't booked the trip yet but we did finalize our dates!! I'm waiting on my parents to let me know if they're wanting to be there the entire week or just part of it. I told my mom I needed to know ASAP!!

I would LOVE it if you could send them a postcard!! That would be awesome! Do you still have my address?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #752
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
No, we haven't booked the trip yet but we did finalize our dates!! I'm waiting on my parents to let me know if they're wanting to be there the entire week or just part of it. I told my mom I needed to know ASAP!!

I would LOVE it if you could send them a postcard!! That would be awesome! Do you still have my address?
Oops, I do see now that you said decided and not booked. Duh. Chalk that up to another blonde moment!

I will do it! I'll send them each one so they each get some mail. Yes, I do still have your address - I'll take it with me and get them each a postcard. I'll try and find an Ariel one for Ms. Ally and a Minnie one for Ms Claire.

Have a great night!!
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #753
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Oops, I do see now that you said decided and not booked. Duh. Chalk that up to another blonde moment!

I will do it! I'll send them each one so they each get some mail. Yes, I do still have your address - I'll take it with me and get them each a postcard. I'll try and find an Ariel one for Ms. Ally and a Minnie one for Ms Claire.

Have a great night!!
Thanks so much my friend!! You are always so sweet to my girls--and so thoughtful!!
Old 10-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #754
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great party pics! Awesome cake-wow. He and Leanne should have a bake off-hey maybe they could borrow the kitchen at the GF when we are all there. Ha Ha.
We need a trip update please.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #755
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great party pics! Awesome cake-wow. He and Leanne should have a bake off-hey maybe they could borrow the kitchen at the GF when we are all there. Ha Ha.
We need a trip update please.
That's hilarious Mary!! Great idea! Hee hee!! I know--I really need to update--hope to have a chance this weekend!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #756
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Thanks so much my friend!! You are always so sweet to my girls--and so thoughtful!!
No prob! You have been sweet to me too, so don't sell yourself short! I just love spreading that Disney magic!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #757
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

Just popping in to say hi....and to make sure I'm still caught up!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #758
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondblessed View Post
Just popping in to say hi....and to make sure I'm still caught up!
Hi Nikky!! I know no one is going to believe this but I'm working on a TR update right now!! Hang in there!! Updates to come tonight!!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:43 PM   #759
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

I was just getting ready to go to bed....not now!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #760
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Day 6: Magic Kingdom UPDATE!!!

Don't pass out in shock but I am FINALLY giving you a TR update!! My last update was the end of July--I'm sooo embarassed! I'm sure I've lost a lot of readers due to how busy I've been but if you're still here, post and let me know!! I WILL finish this TR--I'm not one to leave anything unfinished! So here we go!!

First, a recap of Day 6 in Magic Kingdom (Thursday, May 21st):

*breakfast @ Chef Mickey's
*DIS meetup in Toontown w/TwoRoos
*meeting Tinkerbell, Silvermist, & Fawn
*meeting Mickey & Minnie @ The Judge's Tent
*Storytime With Belle

When I left off we were enjoying an afternoon snack in Fantasyland . . .

According to my time stamp, it was around 3:30 in the afternoon. We decided to ride The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh so we hopped in line. As we were waiting in line Claire was getting quite upset! She spotted Tigger, Piglet, and Pooh across the way at Pooh's Treehouse play area!!

We tried to get her mind off of it by showing her the decor of the ride! We came across Eeyore! (Brent is imitating Eeyore here)

Ally in front of Eeyore

Thankfully we were able to distract Claire and soon we were getting into our honeypots! I decided to leave my camera out and snap some shots of the ride!

After the ride was over Ally wanted to ride the teacups with her Daddy (if you remember, earlier in the week she rode with me and her friend Lexi). They enjoyed some daddy/daughter time as Claire and I watched on.

We couldn't believe that the rain was still holding off so I decided to make the most of our dry time taking pictures of Fantasyland!!

Then Brent and Ally decided that they were going to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! So as we headed that way, I snapped this quick picture! (Brent had to hold Ally up b/c she wasn't tall enough)

So we headed onward and finally made it over to BTMR! As they got in line the CM handed Ally a lanyard to wear to track the wait time--Ally thought that was pretty cool! (the sign said the wait time was 20 minutes--this was at 5:15 p.m.)

Claire and I walked up to that great lookout view of the roller coaster and waited and waited. We kept waiting to see Ally & Brent and we finally spotted them!!

I was quite nervous as to how Ally would like her first real roller coaster but she ended up LOVING it!! Can you tell?!

Next we headed over to The Magic Carpets of Aladdin!! Claire and I sat in the front and Ally & Brent sat in the back! I had really wanted to get some pics as we were riding! So I was trying to maneuver our carpet up and down and take pics at the same time! Then the funniest thing happened!! As I turned around to take a picture, the camel sprayed us with water! It went all over my back and scared the poo out of me--but I ended up getting this fabulous picture of Ally & Brent and their reactions to the water!! (check out the water on Brent's shirt and on Ally's face)

By this time we were all laughing soooo hard--it was hysterical!! What fun!! As we got off of the carpets Ally decided she wanted to check out the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. So Brent went with her and I sent the camera with him so he could get some pictures!

About that time it started raining again so we put on our ponchos and started looking for a place to eat for dinner. We ended up at Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe! We were ordering and I ordered the half rotisserie chicken and Brent was trying to tell me to get the half chicken/bbq rib combo (to use our DDP to the fullest and get the most for our $). But it was too late--oh well!! But the lady behind the counter had heard Brent and ended up giving him 2 chicken/rib meals anyway--so nice!! I couldn't believe all the food that came with our meal!! Their mashed potatoes and green beans were excellent as well as the chicken and ribs! Even Claire liked the ribs!! So by the end of this meal we were stuffed!! We will definitely eat there again!!

After dinner it was still raining a bit so we walked around a little bit more until the rain stopped. Then we decided to take more pics before we left the park. Here they are:

We decided that we wanted to go take a look at the Grand Floridian so we left the park and hopped on the monorail!!

Continued in next post . . .

Last edited by ladybugmom; 10-11-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #761
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

I was so excited to get to see the Grand Floridian in person!! I've always thought how beautiful it was on all of these travel shows and boy it didn't disappoint!! I was in awe!!!

our view as we got off the monorail and headed inside

the view below us

This little kid's area was sooo precious! I just loved the child-sized couch and chairs!!

We realized that Wishes was about to start so we headed outside to watch the fireworks from the porch!

After Wishes was over we got back on the monorail and headed back to our room at the Poly. During our short ride to the Poly, Ally ended up falling asleep. Brent ended up having to carry her back to our room!

And this is what we found on our bed!!

The girls were already asleep so we just put them right in bed!! What a great day we had!!

Up next: Day 7 @ Magic Kingdom--including dinner at Crystal Palace!

Last edited by ladybugmom; 10-11-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:34 AM   #762
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Becky,
I love the picture of Ally & Brent laughing on the carpet ride that is a real keeper!!! and the one where Brent is carrying her back to the room!!

I did not realize it had been since July since your last post!

Have a great evening!!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:35 AM   #763
beyondblessed
Mouseketeer

Great update Becky! Don't worry about not posting for so long. Unfortunately, real life gets in the way of Disney....but it's always worth the wait!

The sleeping Ally picture is the cutest thing...something so precious about a child sleeping on their Daddy! Awwwww

ps Now I'm going to bed! haha
Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #764
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Becky,
I love the picture of Ally & Brent laughing on the carpet ride that is a real keeper!!! and the one where Brent is carrying her back to the room!!

I did not realize it had been since July since your last post!

Have a great evening!!
Thanks Connie!! Yes, it was July 27th the last time that I updated my TR! Of course I have been posting since then, just not regarding my TR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondblessed View Post
Great update Becky! Don't worry about not posting for so long. Unfortunately, real life gets in the way of Disney....but it's always worth the wait!

The sleeping Ally picture is the cutest thing...something so precious about a child sleeping on their Daddy! Awwwww

ps Now I'm going to bed! haha
Thanks Nikky!! Sorry I kept you up but I hope that is was worth it!!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #765
pmama
DIS Veteran

Love the update! May 21st was Faith's birthday so it was fun reading what you were doing in Disneyworld while we were celebrating her birthday in Disneyland. I didn't know the camel's on Aladin's carpet sprayed water. You learn something everyday here. We must have gotten lucky the one time we rode it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: