Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Teki
Love the Indi hats!
My family takes odd pics like that every time we go

New Fireworks?

So who has heard about the new fireworks? My question is what have you heard and what do you think? Also what do you think about Dumbo instead of Tinkerbell? I have heard that that's whats going to happen what do you guys think?
Teki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

Saw part of the practice run, they still have tinkerbell just added dumbo, so it isn't really dumbo "instead" of tinkerbell
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

The haven't replaced Tink, just added Dumbo. I'm excited to see them!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
lntsmom
Soarin' is addictive!
I got home and realized I only got 3 sets of arms

All I can say is, be to the right of the castle!

We got to see a preview, which amounted to next to nothing because we were to the left of the castle and our view was blocked by trees and umbrellas. All we saw was a snippet of carousel horses on the castle and the bit of fireworks above the castle to the left.

It seems that, like the previous show, this one isn't worth seeing unless you stake out a spot way early to guarantee a clear view of the sky, the castle, and the area to the right of the castle.

Had any CM ever been willing to even hint that, yes, they were having fireworks while we were there, I would have made an effort to do so. As it is, I have found that the CMs seem to be completely uninformed about anything to do with Disneyland. I even had two tell me I was wrong...that they didn't have them last Wednesday. Funny, we heard them and saw light from our hotel room. UGH. Disney CMS are clueless!
lntsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by lntsmom View Post
We got to see a preview, which amounted to next to nothing because we were to the left of the castle and our view was blocked by trees and umbrellas. All we saw was a snippet of carousel horses on the castle and the bit of fireworks above the castle to the left.

It seems that, like the previous show, this one isn't worth seeing unless you stake out a spot way early to guarantee a clear view of the sky, the castle, and the area to the right of the castle.

Had any CM ever been willing to even hint that, yes, they were having fireworks while we were there, I would have made an effort to do so. As it is, I have found that the CMs seem to be completely uninformed about anything to do with Disneyland. I even had two tell me I was wrong...that they didn't have them last Wednesday. Funny, we heard them and saw light from our hotel room. UGH. Disney CMS are clueless!
I think you may have to give the CMs a break on this one. The new fireworks shows so far have all been unscheduled. That means that it is something they are not to promote, and unless they are scheduled to work it, they do not know for sure if it is even happening. That is how it works with "test shows."

As for the "which side of the castle," almost all fireworks shows at Disneyland that I can ever remember are best viewed if you can see above and to the left of the castle. Again, however, it's a new show so even the cast members wouldn't have been able to tell you that as they don't know either.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

It was ok. It was nowhere close to RDCT at DL or Wishes at WDW. Dumbo was touch but I was disappointed. I think like most have put it....they wanted to downsize the show to allow people to pass from land to land. The music is nicely done though. Hey now people will have enough time to run to Fantasmic! with a shortened show.
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Well since they hadn't officially started yet I'm sure the CM's basically knew nothing about them. I don't think it's their fault at all that they didn't know and I'm sure they had people asking them that all day long. We will keep your suggestion in mind but we've never had a horrible view of the fireworks, in fact we've always loved them.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #8
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
Saw part of the practice run, they still have tinkerbell just added dumbo, so it isn't really dumbo "instead" of tinkerbell
Really good to hear, I had heard different thanks for the info!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
Teki
Love the Indi hats!

So those of you who have seen the new show via the test runs, how did they accomplish dumbo? because that was something I was pretty curious about.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #10
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Dumbo rises from the left of the castle on the same cable that Tink uses, and flies to the castle and past it, then returns back down - all while they play "Baby Mine." My daughter video'd it & you can see it on the fireworks thread on the main Disneyland board.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #11
Chris420
Mouseketeer

Saw the test run twice, I really enjoyed them, especially the addition of Dumbo
Chris420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: