Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #121
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
What a fun trip!!! I love all of the pictures. Your kids are adorable. Oh--and I finally made it up to see my parents in Moore...they live near Emmaus (spelling?) Baptist Church... I'm sure you know where that is. And I forgot...will your family be in Jambo House? Our trips are coming up soon!!
We will be over in the new Kidani Village. From pics it looks very nice...so, excited about giving it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Wow, look at Samantha's hair!
No kidding. At the time, I don't think she realized what was happening, but she laughed a lot when she saw her picture later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Looks like a wonderful time!!!!! Great pictures, I love the one with the hair.
yep -- we almost missed that part...glad we eventually found it.
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #122
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Yes--Kidani Village looks gorgeous! My aunt is staying there early in September. I can't wait to hear how she likes it!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #123
crocko
DVC Member

continuing St. Louis trip...

Monday -- last full day together before Bridgette had to go do work stuff.

Morning was planned as a good time to go hit the St. Louis zoo. We got there right about 8:00am so we could get into the Children's Zoo during the hour in which it was still free. One of the buildings had some cute stuff.

Joshua the vet

We also found a cool jeep -- we referred to it as the Diego truck.

Joshua discovered this, where you could actually get right up underneath some frogs....he was a little intimidated, though

A little farther on, we came across some alpacas. As you look at this picture you make think what a cute little animal this is....it even appears to be smiling. But take a closer look at that smile....I think this animal has tricks up its sleeve. Don't trust the smile, people....don't trust the smile.

Caught off guard by the alpacas' "cuteness", we didn't realize that a whale was sneaking up behind us.......uh oh. Looks like we've been swallowed.

We got out of that fiasco, though, but then Joshua goes and gets swallowed by a hippo. Sheesh!

Samantha does not look excited about crossing a super-scary rope bridge

Toward the end of the Children's Zoo....they had a cool growth chart that let's you see how tall you are compared to zoo animals.
Joshua's bigger than an otter.
Samantha's bigger than a koala.

Weirdly enough, we had some friends from home that were traveling through St. Louis at the same time (they were headed on to Kentucky afterward) so, they met us at the zoo this day.

Posing with the elephants

Samantha loves penguins....so glad we could find this little cutie

With the penguins, though, was a pelican....according to Samantha, this was a bad bird (bad rap for the bird....he didn't do anything....)

"Chillin'" wih the penguins

My friend Amanda and Samantha....girl talk...

One of the neat things about this zoo is the quantity of animals they have in each exhibit.

We love giraffes...

Scott and Amanda....our farewell picture

Last 3 zoo pics.....
Joshua's tired.....
Joshua's putting his waning energy into a smile
...loving his sister

Time to head back to the car......this is a free zoo and if you park on the street, you get free parking.

And what? Well, look at that! On this mighty hot day, I managed to grab the One-and-Only shady spot! Woohoo!!
(it really made a difference....car felt 20 degrees cooler inside)

One more update-to-come...........with some hotel fun and a unplanned fun stop on the way home!
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 07-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #124
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Great update, looks like those kids are now ready for some Disney FUN!!!! I love the pic of Samantha scared to cross the rope bridge, that was too cute. Can't wait to hear about the rest.

I have a Samantha too, I absolutely love that name!!!!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 07-07-2009, 11:29 AM   #125
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Wow! Great a great zoo! The Magic house looks neat too. Looks like the kids had a blast.

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
Old 07-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #126
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Great update, looks like those kids are now ready for some Disney FUN!!!! I love the pic of Samantha scared to cross the rope bridge, that was too cute. Can't wait to hear about the rest.

I have a Samantha too, I absolutely love that name!!!!
It's a great name! her middle name is Grace, so sometimes we call her Sammie G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PookieB View Post
Wow! Great a great zoo! The Magic house looks neat too. Looks like the kids had a blast.
It's a nice zoo (too bad the polar bears weren't out this time.....and yes, lots of fun....glad we went in the morning before the heat really set in.
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 07-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #127
crocko
DVC Member

Finishing up the St. Louis mini-TR

A couple pics of fun at the hotel

"Push-up bars turn you into a clown!"

The result of a busy and fun day

Finally, on Thursday it was time to head back home. Halfway home, Bridgette said she wanted to try and do "something" fun....instead of just being boring and going all the way home without doing anything. So...as we neared Carthage/Joplin area, we decided to take a short side-route and go to the Precious Moments Museum and Chapel.

Things started out poorly on the kid-front.

Samantha was very scared of this large statue

Then, we saw this....which got Bridgette teary-eyed:

After that, though, things took an upward swing.

Starting with this very cute elephant that Samantha loved

Then, she found a bear that she let us know was very cute

plus a goose

a pony

and some other fun animal statues.

Throughout our entire time at the Precious Moments museum, Joshua was busy doing this

Before heading into the stores, we walked outside toward the chapel

There were some very pretty stain-glassed windows

Inside, you quickly saw a big mural painted by the guy who created Precious Moments -- called Hallelujah Square. In fact, even though he is in his (70's I believe)...just a few weeks before, he had come to town and finished this. I believe he started it 20 years before....this past trip, he added his mom (dark black hair) and said that it is now complete.

There were also some very nice paintings of Bible stories and parables

Outside of the chapel, was an angel that Samantha had a little chat with

The last picture highlights probably the sweetest thing that happened on the whole trip. As we walked through the chapel, museum, and stores we were excited at how much Samantha loved all the figurines and statues. She was having a blast. Then, we come around a corner in the store and see a wedding statue.....and we both hear Samantha say, "Awww.....that's the cutest thing I've ever scene-ed."

LOL The things kids'll say.

So, shortly after we concluded our little side trip and headed back toward home. We stopped in Tulsa at dinner time.....stopping at the Woodland Hills Mall so we could visit the Disney Store real quick

Finally, managed to get back home somewhere around 9:30pm. Whew!

It was a fun trip. Overall, the kids enjoyed staying in a hotel (they love hotels) and had a blast at the pool. This was their first ever time to get to go to a hotel pool....(man, they're gonna love Animal Kingdom Lodge!!)

Thanks for sticking around through this mini-trip report.
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 07-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #128
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Great little mini report, I enjoyed it! The pic of Samantha with the little Angel is cute. That place looks great. My Mom loves precious moments!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #129
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Great little mini report, I enjoyed it! The pic of Samantha with the little Angel is cute. That place looks great. My Mom loves precious moments!
Yep -- she had turned the cute-o-meter up high during that little stop.
My mom and sister collected some Precious Moments when I was growing up....seeing them a couple weeks ago reminded me how neat they are.
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 07-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #130
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I wanna chill with a penguin! lol I love penguins! Great pictures! I didn't even know that had a Precious Moments museum. That's really neat.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 07-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #131
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

I love this trip!!! The mall (wish we had one like that), the children's mus. awesome!, and I just love the precious moments mus. and the zoo looked hot but lots of fun as well!!! Great mini trip!!
Old 07-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #132
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I wanna chill with a penguin! lol I love penguins! Great pictures! I didn't even know that had a Precious Moments museum. That's really neat.
Yeah -- I'm assuming most people don't. But it was cool.

Quite a few billboards for it along I-44. Of course, there is a Six Flags in Eureka, MO....which is not that far from St. Louis. There was not a SINGLE billboard for Six Flags all along I-44. How dumb is that!?
I know that highway from Tallahassee to Orlando is loaded with Disney, SeaWorld, Universal billboards every quarter of a mile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I love this trip!!! The mall (wish we had one like that), the children's mus. awesome!, and I just love the precious moments mus. and the zoo looked hot but lots of fun as well!!! Great mini trip!!
Yeah -- we ended up having a lot of fun and spent very little money. Most of the money went to good ol' gasoline.
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #133
crocko
DVC Member

Interrupting this September 2009 PTR for some CRAZY NEWS!!

As I've mentioned before, Bridgette and I took a 3-night trip to WDW early last December with my sister. Since we knew we had the big September trip coming up, we got annual passes. Our first usage day was December 1st, I believe.

Recently, Bridgette has joked about trying to fit in one more trip before the annual passes expire. Well....I got inspired this morning when I saw really good airline deals going on right now. So, quickly broke out several spreadsheets and started running some numbers...and....

I HAVE JUST BOOKED AIRLINE TICKETS FOR NOV.14TH-17TH TO ORLANDO!!!!!!!!!

WOO!!!!!!

So....amazingly, Bridgette and I will have gone to WDW 3 times in one 12-month period. So exciting!!

We finish the September trip on the 26th. So...7 weeks later!! we'll be headed right back. Yeehaw!!

(Oh, and I haven't told Bridgette yet, but I've been running some more numbers, and am starting to heavily consider joining DVC.......that's just a rumor for now, though) ;-)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #134
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Wow! Awesome! Lucky you, 3 trips in one year. Don't tell your wife, keep it a surprise!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 07-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #135
crocko
DVC Member

Well....she knows we're going back. Too big of a decision for me to just surprise her with (okay, not really......she'd have no problem with that.....but she knows)

Where I hope to surprise her, though, is with where we stay. Right now, she looked up value resorts and saw that we can get into All-Star Music. We've stayed at an All-Star resort before and enjoyed it...plus looks like Music has added some really neat Broadway stuff.

BUT....I'm working on trying to get some DVC rent points and possibly stay somewhere we've never been before......so, hoping that can be my surprise for her. I'll keep you updated on that.

Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: