Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #76
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Congrats on getting such great ADRs!!!! That's awesome! I must say, it's reassuring to know that your sister did the old-fashioned calling and got such great results! I'm not so nervous about mine now! Oh--and your pins are so great! You have a ton!
Yeah...went well. I bet you if you call in early on your first available day that you'll get good reservations as well.

Good luck to ya!
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #77
cheap traveler
DIS Veteran

Location: A tiny town not even on the map, between Albany and NYC

I'm so happy for you, you got such great times and no dissapointments!!

Me31 DD10 DD7
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #78
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap traveler View Post
I'm so happy for you, you got such great times and no dissapointments!!
Disappoint-free is the way to be!
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #79
cheap traveler
DIS Veteran

Location: A tiny town not even on the map, between Albany and NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Disappoint-free is the way to be!
Hmm, I always thought it was drug-free

Me31 DD10 DD7
Old 06-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #80
crocko
DVC Member

With ADR's out of the way, I am going to try and get my last pins posted today.

Here we go again.......

3 pins in this pic:
Animal Kingdom, Step Into the Wild. Cool pin...not sure what to think about this one....I could go either way. Will let the family decide.
Mickey Christmas, Jingle Bells. I like this pin alot. Plus, Mickey playing the Harmonica reminds me of the "Gift of the Magi" short with him and Minnie. Bridgette and I love that one. Keeper.
Mickey playing baseball. I love baseball. Leaning towards keeping any of my sports pins.

6 pins in this pic.
Mickey & Minnie, Hawaiian Holiday. Cute pin, but not really a special one to me. Probably going to be traded.
Uncle Scrooge grabbing his money bags. Scrooge = keeper!!
Team Disney building. Haven't we seen this one before? Yep! I happen to have 2 of them. Even if I decide to keep this pin, at least one will get traded.
Disney on Ice, Mowgli & Baloo.
Disney on Ice, Tarzan & Jane.
Disney on Ice, Simba & Nala. These 3 are souvenirs from a Disney on Ice that Bridgette and I went to several years ago. So...I'm thinking souvenir keepers.

6 pins on this pic:
Donald Duck, Wise Little Hen. You know this verse....Donald = Keeper!
Mickey looking at Walt Disney picture. Eh...Walt is great, but to me not that spectacular of a pin. I say trade it.
Mickey, Goofy, Donald, 4th of July 2002. Love Americana stuff, plus this is a cool pin and has Donald. Keeper.
Caribbean Beach Resort pin. Yay! I was hoping I had a pin from here. My family stayed here a few times when I was growing up and Bridgette and I stayed here on our Disneymoon. Keeper!
Pepper Ann pin. I remember at the time, we were really excited about seeing this pin. At this point, I'm willing to trade...but will be Bridgette's decision.
Mickey, President's Day 2002. We racked up a lot of 2002 holiday pins it seems. I like this one and will probably keep.

6 pins on this pic:
Huey, Dewey, and Louie. A very basic pin, but I love these 3 nephews. Keeper.
Donald, Fantasia 2000 pin. Cool pin. Not only do I like Donald's part in the movie, but the movie as a whole was very good. Bridgette, my sister, and I went and saw it at an IMAX. Keeper.
Eeyore 1966 pin. Bridgette used to be a big Eeyore fan. Unless Bridgette or Samantha want to keep this one, though, I say let's trade it.
Ariel pin. Another pin with Ariel. Samantha will be excited.
Jessie pin. Very cute! I'm sure someone will grab this one up...so I expect it to be a keeper.
Mickey, Oklahoma pin. Yay! I have both Mickey Oklahoma pins. Just need to get the Cruella pin and the Chip & Dale pin and I'll have all 4 Oklahoma pins that have been made.

Quite a few keepers in those pics.

I believe I have 9 more total pics to go....will try to finish this afternoon....
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #81
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting your ADRs! I can't wait to make mine.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 06-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #82
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

signing in! followed you over from chicagoshannon and my2disneyboys
your family is adorable
your ADR's look well planned and well timed/we are not into the pin trading, yet but I really like the pins you have collected (really like the pirate characters). The alice party was truly adorable, I like the ideas you and wife have for parties and for homeschooling. I have an almost 3 yr old and watch two other almost 3 yr olds. I had purchased some Seasme street wkbk that we are currently using but I really like you 26 week system (thinking of working a system of our own on the same idea).

we just returned from our last WDW trip and now so excited to say we are going back next year.

Oh! btw on the AKL that is my dream stay; but, that will have to wait until the next trip after this one (I hope).

Great job!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #83
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Congrats on getting your ADRs! I can't wait to make mine.
Thanks! Look forward to hearing how yours come out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
signing in! followed you over from chicagoshannon and my2disneyboys
your family is adorable
your ADR's look well planned and well timed/we are not into the pin trading, yet but I really like the pins you have collected (really like the pirate characters). The alice party was truly adorable, I like the ideas you and wife have for parties and for homeschooling. I have an almost 3 yr old and watch two other almost 3 yr olds. I had purchased some Seasme street wkbk that we are currently using but I really like you 26 week system (thinking of working a system of our own on the same idea).

we just returned from our last WDW trip and now so excited to say we are going back next year.

Oh! btw on the AKL that is my dream stay; but, that will have to wait until the next trip after this one (I hope).

Great job!
Glad to have another reader!

Congrats that you are getting to go back next year....very cool.
After the trip, I'll let you know how AKL was from our perspective. (with lots of pics)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #84
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

Great pins! DH & I have just started collecting a few off Ebay. Addicted already.

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
Old 06-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #85
crocko
DVC Member

My goal is to finish my pin posts this afternoon....so I tread on.....

6 pins on this pic:
Tinker Bell 1953 pin. Unless a Tink fan pops up in my household, I'm trading this one...sorry, Tink's cool...but I don't need a lot of her pins.
Valentine's Day 2002, Mickey & Minnie. Haha, apparently I need to have a 2002 Holiday collection...I wonder if there are any I'm missing. Keeper.
Rachel, "Rhapsody in Blue" portion of Fantasia 2000. Cute...another Fantasia 2000 pin. Do I want more F2000 pins? Probably not...so, probably trading Rachel away....unless Samantha thinks she's cute.
Baloo pin. Cool character, plain pin....probably will trade....this time unless Joshua grabs him.
Maid Marian pin. Ah ha! Another Executive Decision pin. I love Robin Hood and watched this movie MANY!!-a-time when I was young. Sentimental keeper.
Quasimodo, Topsy Turvy. Great music in this movie. But don't really need it as a keeper. Tradeable.

6 pins in this pic:
Atlantis 2001, Milo Thatch. Souvenir keeper. This movie came out while Bridgette and I were on our Disneymoon. First movie we saw together as a married couple (and we saw it at the AMC in DownTown Disney).
Arthur & Merlin, Higitus Figitus. Fun song, childhood favorite movie. Keeper.
Goofy & Max, "Right Back Where We Started From". Fun pin, but not a keeper. Off to Disney World with you.
Elliott, Candle on the Water. Ugh...this is a tough one. In theory, not going to fit into any "collection", but I love this song. Plus...a fun, underappreciated Disney movie. Hmm...we'll see.
Berlioz, Marie, Toulouse pin. Surprised that I actually have this pin, but probably going into Samantha's pile. She loves Marie.
As Long As There's Christmas pin. Unless a surprise objection comes through, this one will be traded.

5 pins in this pic:
Robin Hood & Little John, "Oo-de-lally". As discussed before, I love this movie and love this song. Keeper.
Donald, "You Belong To My Heart". Donald = keeper.
Australia, Mickey, Donald, Goofy (Opera House). Fun pin! I love pins of "places" Plus, even though it isn't a stamp pin, it has that look to it. And I see Donald. Keeper.
Easter Pooh, 2002. LOL another holiday 2002 pin. Add it to the ol' collection.
Heffalumps & Woozles. Not looking to have a Pooh collection....Trade it, please.

5 pins in this pic:
Johnny Appleseed, "The Lord is Good to Me". Hmm...fun pic and fun song. ::back and forth:: Not sure yet.
Dodger & Oliver, "Perfect Isn't Easy". I have no problem trading this one, but Joshua LOVES this movie. Probably going in his keeper pile.
Phantom Manor. Very interesting that I have this pin. A Disneyland Resort Paris pin for their version of the Haunted Mansion. I'm more than willing to trade it, but probably not in a CM trade. Probably with another pin trader at the parks or simply via pinpics.com
Jiminy Cricket, "When You Wish Upon a Star". Nice pin, but I'm willing to trade it.
Disney Animation Building. Cool pin, but would rather have other pins. Tradeable!

Well...we're almost through my collection (thanks for bearing with me)
You've "pin" very patient with me.

One more pin update left.....
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #86
disneylovinfamily
DIS Veteran

congrats on the ADRs My day is toimorrow and I am nervous.

I am loving the pins! Thanks for the info BTW, I did order some
Old 06-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #87
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovinfamily View Post
congrats on the ADRs My day is toimorrow and I am nervous.

I am loving the pins! Thanks for the info BTW, I did order some
Good luck tomorrow! All will go well!!
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #88
crocko
DVC Member

Alrighty!! Now for my last 16 pins.

4 pins on this pic:
Pooh stuck in Rabbit's hole, locket. Neat, but not a keeper.
Donald 1984, 50th Anniversary. Cool! Keeper.
Walt Disney Studios, Burbank CA. Another CA location pin. Okay to trade this one.
Great Mouse Detective, 1986. Another under-appreciated movie. Not sure yet on this one.....will discuss with the kiddos.

6 pins on this pic:
Remember the Titans, 2000. Good movie, but not necessary to keep. Tradeable!
Minnie Mouse. Cute pin....will this one be traded? We'll have to see what Samantha says.
Tigger, St. Patrick's Day 2002. Another '02 holiday pin. This one's pretty neat. Keeper.
Day 1, 2003 Visa pin. Fun "souvenir" pin. We've had our Disney Visa cards since Day 1 back in 2003, so we received this pin. Yay!
Lion King, Broadway Musical. We went down to Dallas and saw this musical. Very good!! Definite keeper pin.
Beauty & the Beast, Broadway Musical. I've actually seen this twice. Once in 1997 with my family and then sometime with Bridgette (both times in Dallas). Great musical. Definite keeper pin.

3 pins in this pic:
Mickey flying plane. Pin to celebrate the 100 Years Celebration. Going to trade it.
MVMCP 2008, Donald & Daisy.
MVMCP 2008, Chip & Dale. We went to the MVMCP last year in 2008 and collected these 2 pins...they were our faves of the ones available. So, definite keepers!

2 pins in this pic:
Dumbo, Soarin'. Got this out of a mystery pack for ride pins. Fun ride. I'm considering this Bridgette's pin, so I'll let her decide it's outcome.
Haunted Mansion, Mickey & Minnie. Same story on this one. Bridgette's choice....she likes the characters, but she's not a huge Haunted Mansion fan.

Last pin:

1 pin in this pic:
High School Musical, Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Minnie. Walking down Sunset Boulevard, I saw this pin at a pin stand. With Bridgette up ahead of me, I quickly bought this one and then showed it to her later. She LOVES the HSM movies and I thought this one with the Mickey & Friends characters was super cute. She needs to be careful, though, because I showed this one to Samantha (my little 3-year old HSM addict) and she absolutely loves this pin....walked all over the house with it. So....keeper!

And there you have it. My current pin collection -- currently totaling up to 131 pins, I believe (132...if you count the duplicate Team Disney Building pin).

Later down the road, the family will sit down and go through all these. I'll give you a list afterward of who's claiming what.

Up next: plans for this weekend/next week.....
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #89
crocko
DVC Member

Okay...unless I can get some wireless, I will be "quiet" for the next 6 days.

Early tomorrow morning, we're headed out to St. Charles, MO (near St. Louis). Saturday, Sunday, Monday is fun family time: plan on hitting the City Museum, Magic House Children's Museum, and St. Louis Zoo. Tuesday and Wednesday, Bridgette will have a booth setup at a Homeschool Convention (she sells Usborne books). So, it'll just be me and the kids roaming around for most of those 2 days....Then, get some rest Wednesday night and head back on Thursday.

Because she has to take all of her books, we're actually having to take both of our cars up there. Ugh! (oh well).

So...everyone have a good weekend.....great Father's Day....and good week next week.

Later!
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-20-2009, 08:37 AM   #90
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Have a good trip! Happy Father's Day!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: