Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #1456
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I don't know about ya'll but whenever we go on a road trip, I want the inside of the car to be sparkling clean. I pulled out the Armour All and wiped everything down. It got pretty hot out so I didn't vacuum it out yet but am going to in a little while. All we have to do before leaving is go to a drive through car wash the day before. John has this thing about having to wash the car before we get on the road. He doesn't care if the forecast calls for rain or not.....the car has to be washed.
LOL! My parents are the same exact way! Whenever they go on any kind of road trip they HAVE to wash the car!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #1457
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You'll recall that when the trip report left off, we were on our way back to the CBR with a slight rain falling and our heads hung low. It was our last full day at Walt Disney World.

There wasn't much talk on the bus back to the resort. But one thing that Hunter said was this would have been the perfect trip if he had just gotten chosen for the Jedi Training Academy. Oh my baby, don't say that 'cause I am already sad that we're leaving in the morning. John and I just looked at him and said don't worry, we'll be back next year and you can try again. His comment got me thinking though. Apparently, it had John thinking too.

We got back to the room and started packing up our stuff which is always depressing. Thank goodness, I had already picked up a lot of stuff while John and Hunter were getting ready that morning. Hunter laid down on the bed and started watching the Disney channel. It didn't take long before he was sound asleep. I am not lying when I say that John and I looked at each other at the same time and said, why don't we use our last day of tickets and go to Hollywood Studios in the morning.

After a bit of talking, we decided that we'd surprise Hunter and go to Hollywood Studios. We would only let him try once to get chosen. If he didn't, we'd leave and go home. Hollywood Studios opened at 9:00 a.m. and it was about 3:30 a.m. already. Packing was almost completely done. I set the alarm for 7:00 a.m. so that we could spring our one last surprise on Hunter in just a few hours.

Mind you, we have a 14 to 16 hour drive to get home. We break up our drive to Disney but on the way home, we drive all the way home. Just potty, gas and eating breaks.

It seemed like we had just laid our head on the pillows, when I heard the BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! of the alarm and then the phone rings and Stitch was yelling at me to get up. Luckily, John and Hunter were both easy to wake up today. Once they were awake, we revealed our surprise to Hunter. Once again, we were "the best parents in the whole wide world!".

We got dressed and threw the rest of the stuff in the luggage. We walked down to Old Port Royale and got some sugary bakery item from the grab-n-go station. One last look around the store to see if we needed anything (we hadn't) and back we went to our room. John and I took turns eating while the other took our stuff back to the car.

Finally, we had everything in the car and were ready to head to Hollywood Studios. We waved goodbye to the Caribbean Beach Resort and off we went.

Before long, we were at Hollywood Studios and on this:

And then we were there:

I'm stopping now because it is now 10:12 p.m. and I haven't ironed my clothes for work tomorrow.

I promise to get the last installment finished up tomorrow.

Would Hunter get chosen for The Jedi Training Academy? Wait and see!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #1458
hhockman
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you would leave us hanging like that (and you don't believe that I can't believe it, do you?).

Does this mean that someone is FINALLY going to tell me just exactly what Jedi Training Academy is? I swear I've asked on every TR I've read (plus my own). Or at least it feels like I have.

Based on the name, I know this is something my kids would LOVE, but I have no idea what it is, and I have no idea if kids as young as mine would have a chance to be "chosen".

Can't WAIT to hear.

And I think it is really REALLY cool that you started and ended your trip with the exact same phrase ("You are the best parents in the world"). Apparently you really are.

Except for us, of course.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #1459
kmartin555
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report! I've been lurking until now but just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed it. Your family seems to have a great time together! Hope you do a TR for your upcoming trip as well.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #1460
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa!
can't wait to hear what happens at DHS...
if I don't post again before you leave ya'll have a safe drive over and have a magical trip in WDW

Have a great day!
Connie
Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #1461
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
I can't believe you would leave us hanging like that (and you don't believe that I can't believe it, do you?).

Does this mean that someone is FINALLY going to tell me just exactly what Jedi Training Academy is? I swear I've asked on every TR I've read (plus my own). Or at least it feels like I have.

Based on the name, I know this is something my kids would LOVE, but I have no idea what it is, and I have no idea if kids as young as mine would have a chance to be "chosen".

Can't WAIT to hear.

And I think it is really REALLY cool that you started and ended your trip with the exact same phrase ("You are the best parents in the world"). Apparently you really are.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but head over to my TR and check out the most recent two installments. I have tons of pictures of Jedi Training and my boys are 7 and 4 and they got picked and loved it.

Lisa, I can't stand the suspense either! I sure hope he got picked

Last edited by dismagiclover; 08-03-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #1462
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm sure Hunter was so happy to be heading to DHS!! What a great surprise!! I can't wait to find out if he was picked for The Jedi Training Academy!!
Oh and YAY!!! for only 2 days left!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #1463
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Awww it's almost over... Now what am I going to read? - OH YA! You'll be back from another trip and you can make a new report - WOOHOO!!!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 08-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #1464
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I don't want your report to end!!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #1465
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

I finally get thru 20 pages of posts and you leave off with a cliffhanger. Well I guess it is now time for me to update my TR until you post the answer for us.

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 08-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #1466
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning!

Surprisingly, things are pretty slow at work this morning. I expect that all to change at any time now though. I've got three deadlines that absolutely have to go out today. I have the documents prepared but have to wait on the clients to get their supporting documents to me and look over what I have typed up. Knowing my luck, they'll probably wait until this afternoon to get back with me and it'll be a mad rush to the finish.

I'll found the Hollywood Studios pictures on Photobucket last night. Took me forever! I plan on working on the very last trip report installment today. I'd be extremely depressed about it ending if I didn't have another Disney trip coming up soon.

I'm going to see if I can respond to the most recent posts before all heck breaks loose around here.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #1467
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I shall patiently wait. I am amazed that for a Monday our phones are very quiet. I may be sorry I actually wrote that. Time will tell. Have a productive day.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #1468
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post

Can't WAIT to hear.

I'm sorry that I left ya'll hanging but I was about to fall asleep at the computer last night and still had to iron my work clothes. It's been a really busy last week or so.

You'll be glad to know that I've got lots of pictures to post. And, I'll explain The Jedi Training Academy info too.

I think that there are a whole lotta "best parents in the world" parents.....including all my readers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin555 View Post
Loving your trip report! I've been lurking until now but just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed it. Your family seems to have a great time together! Hope you do a TR for your upcoming trip as well.
Hey, it's never too late for a lurker to come out and post. I'm glad that you've been enjoying the report. We do have a wonderful time together for the most part. Of course, we have our moments but most times, we are all happy go lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hi Lisa!
can't wait to hear what happens at DHS...
if I don't post again before you leave ya'll have a safe drive over and have a magical trip in WDW

Have a great day!
Connie
I'm trying to get a post typed up and posted in just a little while. You have a great day too!

Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #1469
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread, but head over to my TR and check out the most recent two installments. I have tons of pictures of Jedi Training and my boys are 7 and 4 and they got picked and loved it.

Lisa, I can't stand the suspense either! I sure hope he got picked
You know that I totally don't care if there is a hijack on my thread. I just hope everybody gets the information they need/want even if it's not from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm sure Hunter was so happy to be heading to DHS!! What a great surprise!! I can't wait to find out if he was picked for The Jedi Training Academy!!
Oh and YAY!!! for only 2 days left!!!!
He was so happy when we told him we would give The Jedi Training Academy another try. We were all dead tired and had a long drive ahead of us but somehow we mustered up the strength to get over to Hollywood Studios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
Awww it's almost over... Now what am I going to read? - OH YA! You'll be back from another trip and you can make a new report - WOOHOO!!!
Oh there will be plenty of other stuff to read while I am gone. I have already said that I hope everybody will continue to chit chat on this thread so that I can come back and catch up with what's been going on with everybody.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 AM   #1470
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I don't want your report to end!!!!!
I know...me either. At least I'll come back from another Disney trip soon and can start all over again.

By the way, how are you liking the discussion boards over here? They are lot more fun that the Intercot boards aren't they!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
I finally get thru 20 pages of posts and you leave off with a cliffhanger. Well I guess it is now time for me to update my TR until you post the answer for us.
I really didn't want to leave ya'll with a cliffhanger but I could hardly hold my eyes open any longer last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I shall patiently wait. I am amazed that for a Monday our phones are very quiet. I may be sorry I actually wrote that. Time will tell. Have a productive day.
Yeah, our's have been pretty slow too. Usually Mondays are the days that everybody calls and fusses about their spouse not getting the kids back on time or they didn't get their child support, etc. etc. I fully expect them to start ringing off the hook any minute now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: