Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #1441
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ginny, I didn't see your snack requests until we had gotten home. Sorry!
I'll settle for squirt cheese, sharp chedder please. I like it on apples too. And fudge rounds are yummo. My kids always wanted oatmeal pies.

Btw I sent you an email last night. Might check your junk mail.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #1442
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareds_mommy View Post
sounds like something DH would like I don't think we have it in canada I am going to have to get him some to try when we go down in Oct
Rae
They sell it in most grocery stores and I know they have it at WalMart.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #1443
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Only 3 days . Dallas told me last night that he wishes we were leaving for Disney in the morning . This coming from someone who told me last week that he wasn't going to go . Men, they start at an early age.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 08-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #1444
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Only 3 days . Dallas told me last night that he wishes we were leaving for Disney in the morning . This coming from someone who told me last week that he wasn't going to go . Men, they start at an early age.
I know.....just 3 days! 2 if you don't count the day that we leave.

Silly ole' Dallas......and they say women are fickle!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-02-2009, 03:25 PM   #1445
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey! You're back to reading the report. I have vowed to get the report finished by Wednesday a.m. There's just the packing up and the decision to go to Hollywood Studios left so it won't take long to get it written and posted.

We changed resorts on ya. Not staying at Pop any more. We changed the reservation to stay at the CBR. But, still, if you see us anywhere in the parks, stop me. I would love to meet Disers.

Hey girl! I am about to bust to get to Disney. We start the drive when I get off work on Wednesday. We'll stop for the night and then make the rest of the drive Thursday. I should be lazing around on the CBR beaches Thursday evening.

From the trip report it sounds like you all loved CBR, so I'm sure that was a great move!! Have a great trip and If I see you all- I'll be sure to stop ya and say hi!!
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP
Old 08-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #1446
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!

It's been a busy weekend as I am sure you can imagine. This was our last weekend before going to Disney.

Yesterday, Hunter and I went to Old Navy to return the shorts John and I bought him last weekend. They didn't have the right size but we did find several other things on sale. Nothing for the Disney. Everything that was already on clearance was an additional 50% off. Got Hunter two hoodie jackets for $2.98 and $4.98, Lacey a hoodie for $4.98, Lacey a sweater for $1.98, me a black dress shirt for $1.98 and then, not on sale, a messenger bag for Hunter for $14.50. He starts school the Monday after we get back from Disney (in the wee hours of Sunday). Good shopping trip!

Last night, John and I went to WalMart to get our last minute stuff. While there, I looked over at the beauty salon and there was only one customer. Why not? So, I got my hair cut at WalMart. I thought that was the funniest thing ever. It's like Clark Griswold saying he was so hungry he could eat a sandwich from a gas station. I needed a haircut so bad, I got it cut at WalMart. Seriously, though, the lady did a pretty good job. My hair on the right side of my face grows differently than the left side. Most people don't know this but my old hairdresser does and cuts it accordingly. My mama did a little bit of a snip snip just a few minutes ago and it looks fine now.

Back to the WalMart shopping trip. We got everything on our list. Only problem was, I didn't put makeup or dog food on the list. Had to go back today after my nephew-in-law came to look at my brakes. Speaking of brake replacement, neither John or my nephew could get the old brakes off so I guess we'll have to go to a shop and get them done. I will probably wait until we get back before we get it done. They've only squeaked once or twice and my nephew said they didn't look too bad anyway.

This afternoon, I've been getting Disney stuff done. Deleting all of the old pictures off my camera (after first making sure I had them on my computer, of course). Charging the video camera. Charging the MP3 players. Repacked the snack box so that the stuff that John and I bought last night would fit.

I stopped by Blockbuster on the way home from Wal-Mart and they had their previously viewed movies for just 4 for $20.00. I've saved two of them to put in the stuff for Disney and didn't show them to the kids so they'd had a little surprise. Anytime we go anywhere that's more than a hour away, Hunter wants to take the portable DVD player so there's always a CD/DVD holder in the car with movies in it. I gave it to him today and told him to take out the movies he didn't want to take and put in the ones that he did want to take.

I don't know about ya'll but whenever we go on a road trip, I want the inside of the car to be sparkling clean. I pulled out the Armour All and wiped everything down. It got pretty hot out so I didn't vacuum it out yet but am going to in a little while. All we have to do before leaving is go to a drive through car wash the day before. John has this thing about having to wash the car before we get on the road. He doesn't care if the forecast calls for rain or not.....the car has to be washed.

Since it was hot out, I decided to come in and get my clothes all matched up. I have all the shirts and shorts together. Just have to pull out the comfortable undies and socks. I also made a lot of bracelets to match my outfits so I've got to get those out.

Tonight, I put my checklist and packing list on paper. I told you I already had it in my head but that doesn't seem to work just right here lately.

Oh, (see I told you my brain isn't functioning correctly) my boss emailed me last night. His mother has talked him into having his sister fill in for me while I am out. They get along okay but she is an artsy fartsy person. Literally, she doesn't have a job. She just sells a painting here and there. That'd be okay if we were in an artsy kind of town but we're not so the demand for artwork is not so much. She is also a little moody and I don't know how she's going to handle the clients. Oh well, it's his sister, not mine. Anyway, I have to go in to work tomorrow and call the girl who was coming in for a mini-interview and tell her not to come.

I'm off to put some burgers on the grill. Check back in with you guys later.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #1447
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Forgot something! I also made Jesse a snack bag for his 10 hour drive home tomorrow. Don't want my boy to go hungry.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #1448
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

I have almost 20 pages to catch up on. Boy you can't go on vacation for a week anymore can you!

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 08-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #1449
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTiger View Post
I thought I recognized John running around town last week... You mean, this isn't his picture?!?

Also, I'm looooooving your TR and all of the photos. So much, that since I've been on call for the last 32 hours at work with nothing to do, and no athletes to treat, I've read the whole thing.

Can't wait for more!
peeing in my pants!!

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458
Old 08-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #1450
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Were you busy or what? Glad the shopping is done. That is a good feeling. You have accomplished quite a lot this weekend.

I feel the same as you about the sister filling in. He is an adult and if he can't tell his mom no then you get what you get and don't have a fit. I was taught that by a 4year old.

Glad you got Jesse all hooked up. You are a good "mom" and he will appreciate it.
We cooked burgers on the grill tonight too. Quite yummy. And a banana cream pie for dessert.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #1451
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I love the report and am al caught up
but whats cheese in a can??
Rae
OMG! You've never had it? it's awesome. It makes me think of childhood. I sure theres not an ounce of real cheese in it, but it is oh so good.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #1452
Jareds_mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
OMG! You've never had it? it's awesome. It makes me think of childhood. I sure theres not an ounce of real cheese in it, but it is oh so good.
we are going to have to set up a canned cheese and Shreddies swap lol we have friends who live in WY and have us mail them Shreddies and ketchup chips, and coffee crisps lol
I might have to get them to start mailing canned cheese

Last edited by Jareds_mommy; 08-02-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #1453
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballbabe View Post
I have almost 20 pages to catch up on. Boy you can't go on vacation for a week anymore can you!
Nope! We provide a whole lot of chatter besides just the trip report. You can be gone for just a day and get waaay behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Were you busy or what? Glad the shopping is done. That is a good feeling. You have accomplished quite a lot this weekend.

I feel the same as you about the sister filling in. He is an adult and if he can't tell his mom no then you get what you get and don't have a fit. I was taught that by a 4year old.

Glad you got Jesse all hooked up. You are a good "mom" and he will appreciate it.
We cooked burgers on the grill tonight too. Quite yummy. And a banana cream pie for dessert.
My boss thinks his Mama is THE world. There is no way that he would ever say no to her. I guess he'll just have to take his medicine...namely, his sister. Oh well, I won't be worrying about it 'cause I'll be in Disney.

We didn't have banana cream pie....we had chocolate chip cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Isn't squirty cheese just the best! A road trip to Disney just isn't the same without it.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #1454
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we are going to have to set up a canned cheese and Shreddies swap lol we have friends who live in WY and have us mail them Shreddies and ketchup chips, and coffee crisps lol
I might have to get them to start mailing canned cheese
What are Shreddies? I have seen the ketchup chips here and I think, but am not positive, that I've seen the coffee crisps too.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #1455
Jareds_mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What are Shreddies? I have seen the ketchup chips here and I think, but am not positive, that I've seen the coffee crisps too.
Shreddies are cereal the come in square or diamond shape
they tell us our chocolate and pop taste different I think some of the stuff that taste different are the ones that use cane sugar instead of fruitose? I have only tasted a kitkat from the US and it wasn't the same, not as creamy as I was used too. I also have learned not to order iced tea in the US
I am coming back to the US just for the frozen lemonade though OMG those were good

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: