Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 PM   #1426
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamare View Post
You have a lovely family, I love your report. Don't be upset but Oddball is my favourite from what I saw in the photos. He must be the star, the soul of the party. I like the photo with him and Hunter playing in the rain.
Keep on reporting!
I am not Lisa but welcome to the Dis. She leaves work at noon on Friday. She'll show back up Saturday or Sunday. She has a wonderful TR. We do tend to chat a lot. Join in anytime.
Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #1427
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Still enjoying your TR!!

I can't believe your next trip is almost here! Lucky!! Have a great and safe trip if I don't talk to you before then!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #1428
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamare View Post
You have a lovely family, I love your report. Don't be upset but Oddball is my favourite from what I saw in the photos. He must be the star, the soul of the party. I like the photo with him and Hunter playing in the rain.
Keep on reporting!
Thanks so much! Oddball is our favorite too so no offense taken. He's spoiled already and will probably be even more so after staying with my mother for 11 days while we are at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Here is lazy woman's way of cooking. On Sunday we cook extra cause the famly comes, you know meat, potatoes, veggies, salad, bread and dessert. Don has leftovers on Monday. Tuesday I make breakfast. Usually Wednesday we go to Sheri's. Thursday is my late day. Don eats Pizza. Friday I cook for for everyone but simple. On the grill. Sometimes a potato but generally a couple of veggies. A salad cause now everything is good and fresh and bread cause Don says he hasn't eaten if he didn't get bread. Me, don't like the stuff. No dessert on Friday. Then leftovers on Sat during the day and Sheri takes us out Sat night. It is such a perfect world.

When Don and I were young we decided we couldn't divorce cause we couldn't afford it. Thank goodness age gets you out of that mode. Right now I can't imagine my life without him. Except those times he angers me. Yes, it still happens. My sweet mother in law told Sheri last night that she can't wait to get home and be with her husband. They have slept in separate rooms for years but they lay on his bed every night to talk. They have been married 63 years. I think that is so cool. I know she has been away too long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I'm with Don. Gotta have my bread! When I was preg with Mitchell, the first thing I'd do when I got home from work everyday is toast two pieces of bread for a snack. Buttered, of course. EVERY DAY, I did that! Now, Mitchell LOVES bread. Any connection? Toward the end of my pregnancy, I started eating marshmallows by the bag! DH would come home and find my cheeks puffed out with marshmallows! Yes, Mitchell likes marshmallows, too!

I think that is the sweetest story about your mother and father in law. I hope me and DH are that way when we're older!!!!
Quote:
My husband says you haven't eaten unless you've had bread. I don't like sandwiches or anything with regular bread. Now give me a homemade cinnamon roll.
Quote:
Then you and my DH would get along just great. He LOVES cinnamon rolls!

Ginny, your in-laws are the sweetest things.

John, too, thinks that you have to have bread with every meal. He says you have to have a "pusher", a/k/a bread to push things around on the plate and onto your fork.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #1429
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Hahaha - I finished this finally before we left on our vacations next week.

So the question of the day...........will you get this done before you leave? I'm looking forward to the finish, as well as the next trip.

You guys had some great time last year. Loved the Hiney Hider pic - I've always been fasinated with them too. Your pictures of the flowers at CBR were awesome!!!

I've seen so many pictures of you, John and Hunter that If I see ya at Pop at the end of next week and after I'll feel like I know ya. A picture of us is on the first page of my pretrip report. Actually, somewhere I have an OLD trip report with some pictures of us. It got so cumbersome I stopped -this time I vow to finish!

Have a great trip next week and I can't wait to read the rest!
Hey! You're back to reading the report. I have vowed to get the report finished by Wednesday a.m. There's just the packing up and the decision to go to Hollywood Studios left so it won't take long to get it written and posted.

We changed resorts on ya. Not staying at Pop any more. We changed the reservation to stay at the CBR. But, still, if you see us anywhere in the parks, stop me. I would love to meet Disers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Still enjoying your TR!!

I can't believe your next trip is almost here! Lucky!! Have a great and safe trip if I don't talk to you before then!
Hey girl! I am about to bust to get to Disney. We start the drive when I get off work on Wednesday. We'll stop for the night and then make the rest of the drive Thursday. I should be lazing around on the CBR beaches Thursday evening.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-01-2009, 10:50 AM   #1430
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey girl! I am about to bust to get to Disney. We start the drive when I get off work on Wednesday. We'll stop for the night and then make the rest of the drive Thursday. I should be lazing around on the CBR beaches Thursday evening.

Must you rub it in????

Just Kidding, Lisa! You know I love ya! I am so excited for you and even more excited for the TR when you get back. I hope that you don't keep us on our toes waiting for it!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 08-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #1431
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning all my faithful friends!

It's 10 o'clock Saturday morning and I've been up for 2 hours now cleaning. Not superficial cleaning....really cleaning....wiping down toilets, cabinets, countertops, dusting, etc. I haven't even made it out of our bedroom yet. Wait, let me rephrase that.... I've cleaned our bedroom bathroom until it's glistens and now I'm in the bedroom which is almost done too.

The reason it's taken so long is the fact that along the way, I am getting things out that we need for the trip. The bathroom countertop is covered in stuff we gotta take with us.

I've started taking our snacks out of our "Disney box" that's been in the corner and I've put them in our official "Disney snack bag". Hunter and I made a trip to Fred's yesterday afternoon 'cause they have the cheapest snacks anywhere in town. Some stuff is 4 for $1.00! The bag is just about full already but there are a few things I still have to get.

We've got a long drive ahead of us and there some things that are absolute "must haves" for any road trip......squirty cheese (this is Lacey's name for the Kraft Easy Cheese in the can), crackers for the squirty cheese, chips, chocolate covered cashews, sunflower seeds, fudge rounds and chips ahoy cookies. Oh and Cokes. I've got everything except for the crackers, fudge rounds and cookies.

We're heading to Wal-Mart tonight to pick up the remaining snack items as well as a waterproof camera (to take to the water park and I had a request to take a picture of the slide at the CBR main pool), a charger for the kids' MP3 players and a few other essentials. Not much that I've got to do in the way of shopping. I am a planner so I've picked up most stuff along the way. Sure does help to buy it a little at a time instead of having one large Wal Mart bill hit your pocketbook!

And, I guess we'll hit Old Navy again. John and I bought Hunter a pair of shorts last weekend. He had stayed home with Lacey and Jesse and I wasn't sure if they'd fit him or not. But, they were on sale for just $10.00 and I figured I'd give it a shot. They fit but the way that boy is growing, they probably won't fit for long. Better to take them back than waste money. I've also got to zip in one of the hair places at the mall and get my hair cut. I just can't stand it long anymore. It's way down on my shoulders.

My mama took all of us out to Cracker Barrell to eat last night. Found out that Jesse won't be leaving until sometime on Monday. I was kinda hoping that Lacey and I could do the "last minute before we go to Disney" shopping trip that we used to do. Oh well, several years ago, I accepted the fact that we wouldn't be doing that every year and the buck was passed along to Hunter. He loves the "last minute before we go to Disney" shopping trip so he's a fun guy to do it with.

I've already found our last day of Disney photos on the Photobucket site so it shouldn't take me long to get the last installment up and posted. You'll see that it was a great way to end our Disney vacation.

I'll come back later and chat some more. Probably won't get the last installment up until tomorrow evening or Monday.

Have a great day everybody!

Lisa

Old 08-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #1432
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Must you rub it in????

Just Kidding, Lisa! You know I love ya! I am so excited for you and even more excited for the TR when you get back. I hope that you don't keep us on our toes waiting for it!
Seriously. Rub it in why don'tcha?

Then again I'm down to...let's see...48 days (by Lisa's math)!!!

Hey, it's less than 372.

Can't wait for the rest of the report, Lisa. Though I'm sad to see it end. What are we going to do for the whole time you're gone (as if we don't all have our own reports to keep up!)
Old 08-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #1433
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

You can rub it in, too, Heather!!!!

What ARE we going to do while Lisa's gone? Well, we'll just have to keep each other company and live vicariously through those who actually have TR's.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 08-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #1434
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Must you rub it in????

Can't help but rub it in! I'm going to Disney in just 4 days! Take out the first driving day and it's just 3 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Seriously. Rub it in why don'tcha?

Then again I'm down to...let's see...48 days (by Lisa's math)!!!

Hey, it's less than 372.

Can't wait for the rest of the report, Lisa. Though I'm sad to see it end. What are we going to do for the whole time you're gone (as if we don't all have our own reports to keep up!)
Oh, you HAVE to count it like I do! I mean who counts today and who counts the day you leave? That's just plain dumb!

Quote:
You can rub it in, too, Heather!!!!

What ARE we going to do while Lisa's gone? Well, we'll just have to keep each other company and live vicariously through those who actually have TR's.
Ya'll will find something to do while I'm away. Feel free to chit chat all you want on this thread. That way, I can come back and catch up on what kind of trouble ya'll got in while I was away.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #1435
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Forgot to mention a few other things I did yesterday and this morning. Getting scatter brained.

I told you that Hunter and I went to Fred's. We were in and out of there in 25 minutes.

I figured since we were already out and about, we'd do a little bill paying. Nothing brightens up an afternoon like giving people money. Anyway, I have some bills coming due while we are gone and I was just going to mail them out early. The water company and the cable company aren't that much out of the way so I decided to just go ahead and drop them off instead of mailing them. I sat in the Fred's parking lot and made out the checks. Thankfully, I remembered about how much the bills were since most months they are the same amount. I just rounded them off to the next dollar. We started with the cable company, then the water company and we were back at home in an hour and 5 minutes....including Fred's time.

That's two less things I need to worry about. I do have to drop off a payment at the bank on Monday but I have a deposit to make there anyway so that'll kill two birds with one stone. Our house payment is due the day after we leave Disney. I always pay it the day before and I do it over the phone so I'll probably just take the account number with me and pay it on the drive home.

All school year long, Hunter got money for good grades. John and I saved our change and told Hunter that was his good grade money. We also supplemented it with cash. Once school was over, the change became Lacey's change, not Hunter's, and she had change from the garage sale. After it was all wrapped up, Hunter had $113.00 in change and Lacey had $86.00 in change. I got it all organized this a.m. and put in a bag for them to take to the bank and exchange for dollars. That'll be another thing off our checklist.

I love checking things off. I haven't gotten a written down checklist (which I usually have typed out weeks ahead of time) but I do have one in my head but the way I have been thinking lately that's not such a comforting thought.

I'm off to empty the garbage. Oh and for those of you wondering where in the world are the rest of my family.....Lacey and Jesse are getting ready to go eat with some people from church, Hunter and John are both sleeping. John worked until 2:00 a.m. this morning on the cabinets and Hunter stayed up watching a movie and fell asleep in the recliner. I'm letting them get all the rest they can for Disney.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #1436
Jareds_mommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
..squirty cheese (this is Lacey's name for the Kraft Easy Cheese in the can),
I love the report and am al caught up
but whats cheese in a can??
Rae
Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #1437
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ginny, your in-laws are the sweetest things.
You are so right. I went with Don today so I could help. Mom in law came home from nursing home. Wheelchair in tow. I fixed lunch. We were there from 8:30 to 5:00. It has been a long day. Don is asleep in the chair. I really think Dad in law's cancer is spreading. He goes for ct scan on Monday. I can tell he is going downhill. He was so glad to have Mom home. She has been gone 7 weeks. They have never been apart more than 4 nights before. She used to come babysit my grands when Sheri, Mike,Don and I would go places. She is amazing and I love them dearly.

Now to pleasant things. You sound productive today. I love that last minute shopping day. It is so much fun. Get me some of those Kettle chips. They come in low fat now. Love em. Darn it. And dark chocolate something. Don't care, just dark chocolate. Maybe I'll get all that and eat it Wednesday nite and think of you. The only time I eat that junk is vacation. Maybe that is why I like vacation so well.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #1438
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

You don't want any crabby peeps going to the World.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #1439
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareds_mommy View Post
I love the report and am al caught up
but whats cheese in a can??
Rae
Glad you're all caught up!

Umm.....how do you describe squirty cheese. It's made by Kraft. WalMart has their own brand too. It's a cheese spread in a can much like whipped cream in the dairy section. The canned cheese doesn't need refrigeration and is found over by the crackers. They have two or three different kind. I think it's American, Sharp Cheddar and Cheddar. They're really good. You should try them.

Quote:
Now to pleasant things. You sound productive today. I love that last minute shopping day. It is so much fun. Get me some of those Kettle chips. They come in low fat now. Love em. Darn it. And dark chocolate something. Don't care, just dark chocolate. Maybe I'll get all that and eat it Wednesday nite and think of you. The only time I eat that junk is vacation. Maybe that is why I like vacation so well.
Quote:
You don't want any crabby peeps going to the World.
Ginny, I didn't see your snack requests until we had gotten home. Sorry!

Old 08-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #1440
Jareds_mommy
DIS Veteran

sounds like something DH would like I don't think we have it in canada I am going to have to get him some to try when we go down in Oct
Rae

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: