Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 09:05 AM   #1411
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I would usually cook two or three days and then we'd eat a dinner of leftovers. Then, I'd cook another day or so and then eat sandwiches or hot dogs. And, I do not cook major meals on weekends unless it's on Sunday evening. That's my time off. But, when you have company over, you feel the need to make sure they are well fed and entertained.
Know the feeling on that one also! I did the same thing, cook two or three meals w/leftovers. Now, I get to hear throughout the day "what's for food" and after I cook they pop in a pizza or something of the such...uugghh!!
They have cooked once since being here for everyone...

but, on a lighter note...
YOU ARE LEAVING FOR DISNEY SOON!!!

all the characters are jumping with excitement that the McBride's are on their way
Have a Great Day!!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:07 AM   #1412
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I keep thinking...."What can I name my next trip report? How 'bout "Thank Goodness There Were No Mishaps This Go Round!".
Keep that thought in mind with everything you do this time so you won't have to change it.

Quote:
Hearing you guys talk about the things kids say.......I've told you guys that John and I owe a cabinet shop. The shop is at our house so he's not the typical guy who gets dressed every morning and heads out to a job. Hunter used to tell all his teachers and friends that his daddy didn't have a job. When he told us that, we had to explain to him that he did have a job, he just didn't GO off every day to a job. The things kids say.
This one all women can relate to. When knee high stockings first came out my pre-teen girls didn't know what to call them. Since panty hose was a pair of hose and you only used one knee-high hose at a time they would just call it a: Get ready!

A HO

You now know me and my girls. They still to this date still call them that.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 AM   #1413
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Morning All!

Whew, it took me a while to respond to everybody. I got behind on my own trip report.

I came into two 30 minute early so I could get some work done. Guess what I got done. You guessed it.....I responded to my trip report posts. I've got my priorities you know.

I am working on two of the things that are on the "what do we have to get done before Lisa leaves list". They'll be finished in less than an hour. Thank goodness I got a head start on them last week. I've got to get billing out by next Wednesday. Hate hate hate billing. I also have a new divorce, custody and child support agreement to get done. This is one case where they are actually agreeing to a settlement. They should since both of them were messing around on the other and are already living with their boyfriend and girlfriend even though they haven't even filed for divorce yet. People!

I'll probably be back to respond to posts but won't get an update up until later today.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-31-2009, 09:15 AM   #1414
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post

This one all women can relate to. When knee high stockings first came out my pre-teen girls didn't know what to call them. Since panty hose was a pair of hose and you only used one knee-high hose at a time they would just call it a: Get ready!

A HO

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-31-2009, 09:22 AM   #1415
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Morning All!

Whew, it took me a while to respond to everybody. I got behind on my own trip report.

I came into two 30 minute early so I could get some work done. Guess what I got done. You guessed it.....I responded to my trip report posts. I've got my priorities you know.

I am working on two of the things that are on the "what do we have to get done before Lisa leaves list". They'll be finished in less than an hour. Thank goodness I got a head start on them last week. I've got to get billing out by next Wednesday. Hate hate hate billing. I also have a new divorce, custody and child support agreement to get done. This is one case where they are actually agreeing to a settlement. They should since both of them were messing around on the other and are already living with their boyfriend and girlfriend even though they haven't even filed for divorce yet. People!

I'll probably be back to respond to posts but won't get an update up until later today.
We can deal with that timeline. I am hoping to get done by 2 to 230 today. I have to cook dinner tonite. Corn on the cob for sure. In my opinion we don't need anything else but those other pigs want meat.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-31-2009, 11:41 AM   #1416
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Awwwww -- another teary eyed reader reading your MK night.

Having gone through a divorce, I don't think I could work for a family attorney. I guess it would bring back nasty memories.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #1417
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Know the feeling on that one also! I did the same thing, cook two or three meals w/leftovers. Now, I get to hear throughout the day "what's for food" and after I cook they pop in a pizza or something of the such...uugghh!!
They have cooked once since being here for everyone...

but, on a lighter note...
YOU ARE LEAVING FOR DISNEY SOON!!!

all the characters are jumping with excitement that the McBride's are on their way
Have a Great Day!!
Hunter is a super super picky eater. I don't get on to him too much about it because I look at it this way.....if I try something and don't like it, I don't want somebody to MAKE me eat it. Why should it be any different with kids? I do make him at least try it but if he doesn't like it that's okay. Oops, sorry back to my original thought. I will cook dinner (we call it supper) and everybody will eat but then about a hour or two later all of them are back in the kitchen looking for something to eat because they are starving.

Quote:
Keep that thought in mind with everything you do this time so you won't have to change it.

A HO

Another great story from our Ginny!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:54 AM   #1418
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We can deal with that timeline. I am hoping to get done by 2 to 230 today. I have to cook dinner tonite. Corn on the cob for sure. In my opinion we don't need anything else but those other pigs want meat.
I used to cook full blown meals....a meat, two veggies, bread and dessert. When Lacey went away to college, I cut it down to a meat, a veggie and bread. Somehow, it's now down to just an entree and bread. Corn on the cob by itself doesn't sound too bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Awwwww -- another teary eyed reader reading your MK night.

Having gone through a divorce, I don't think I could work for a family attorney. I guess it would bring back nasty memories.
Believe me when I tell you that I really appreciate my marriage all the more because I work for a divorce attorney.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #1419
lamare
Earning My Ears

You have a lovely family, I love your report. Don't be upset but Oddball is my favorite from what I saw in the photos. He must be the star, the soul of the party. I like the photo with him and Hunter playing in the rain.
Great jobs, keep on reporting!

Last edited by lamare; 08-10-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #1420
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Here is lazy woman's way of cooking. On Sunday we cook extra cause the famly comes, you know meat, potatoes, veggies, salad, bread and dessert. Don has leftovers on Monday. Tuesday I make breakfast. Usually Wednesday we go to Sheri's. Thursday is my late day. Don eats Pizza. Friday I cook for for everyone but simple. On the grill. Sometimes a potato but generally a couple of veggies. A salad cause now everything is good and fresh and bread cause Don says he hasn't eaten if he didn't get bread. Me, don't like the stuff. No dessert on Friday. Then leftovers on Sat during the day and Sheri takes us out Sat night. It is such a perfect world.

When Don and I were young we decided we couldn't divorce cause we couldn't afford it. Thank goodness age gets you out of that mode. Right now I can't imagine my life without him. Except those times he angers me. Yes, it still happens. My sweet mother in law told Sheri last night that she can't wait to get home and be with her husband. They have slept in separate rooms for years but they lay on his bed every night to talk. They have been married 63 years. I think that is so cool. I know she has been away too long.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:44 PM   #1421
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Here is lazy woman's way of cooking. On Sunday we cook extra cause the famly comes, you know meat, potatoes, veggies, salad, bread and dessert. Don has leftovers on Monday. Tuesday I make breakfast. Usually Wednesday we go to Sheri's. Thursday is my late day. Don eats Pizza. Friday I cook for for everyone but simple. On the grill. Sometimes a potato but generally a couple of veggies. A salad cause now everything is good and fresh and bread cause Don says he hasn't eaten if he didn't get bread. Me, don't like the stuff. No dessert on Friday. Then leftovers on Sat during the day and Sheri takes us out Sat night. It is such a perfect world.

When Don and I were young we decided we couldn't divorce cause we couldn't afford it. Thank goodness age gets you out of that mode. Right now I can't imagine my life without him. Except those times he angers me. Yes, it still happens. My sweet mother in law told Sheri last night that she can't wait to get home and be with her husband. They have slept in separate rooms for years but they lay on his bed every night to talk. They have been married 63 years. I think that is so cool. I know she has been away too long.

I'm with Don. Gotta have my bread! When I was preg with Mitchell, the first thing I'd do when I got home from work everyday is toast two pieces of bread for a snack. Buttered, of course. EVERY DAY, I did that! Now, Mitchell LOVES bread. Any connection? Toward the end of my pregnancy, I started eating marshmallows by the bag! DH would come home and find my cheeks puffed out with marshmallows! Yes, Mitchell likes marshmallows, too!

I think that is the sweetest story about your mother and father in law. I hope me and DH are that way when we're older!!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 07-31-2009, 01:50 PM   #1422
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I'm with Don. Gotta have my bread! When I was preg with Mitchell, the first thing I'd do when I got home from work everyday is toast two pieces of bread for a snack. Buttered, of course. EVERY DAY, I did that! Now, Mitchell LOVES bread. Any connection? Toward the end of my pregnancy, I started eating marshmallows by the bag! DH would come home and find my cheeks puffed out with marshmallows! Yes, Mitchell likes marshmallows, too!

I think that is the sweetest story about your mother and father in law. I hope me and DH are that way when we're older!!!!
My husband says you haven't eaten unless you've had bread. I don't like sandwiches or anything with regular bread. Now give me a homemade cinnamon roll.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:52 PM   #1423
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
My husband says you haven't eaten unless you've had bread. I don't like sandwiches or anything with regular bread. Now give me a homemade cinnamon roll.

Then you and my DH would get along just great. He LOVES cinnamon rolls!

Old 07-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #1424
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Hahaha - I finished this finally before we left on our vacations next week.

So the question of the day...........will you get this done before you leave? I'm looking forward to the finish, as well as the next trip.

You guys had some great time last year. Loved the Hiney Hider pic - I've always been fasinated with them too. Your pictures of the flowers at CBR were awesome!!!

I've seen so many pictures of you, John and Hunter that If I see ya at Pop at the end of next week and after I'll feel like I know ya. A picture of us is on the first page of my pretrip report. Actually, somewhere I have an OLD trip report with some pictures of us. It got so cumbersome I stopped -this time I vow to finish!

Have a great trip next week and I can't wait to read the rest!
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
Old 07-31-2009, 08:53 PM   #1425
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieC View Post
Hahaha - I finished this finally before we left on our vacations next week.

So the question of the day...........will you get this done before you leave? I'm looking forward to the finish, as well as the next trip.

You guys had some great time last year. Loved the Hiney Hider pic - I've always been fasinated with them too. Your pictures of the flowers at CBR were awesome!!!

I've seen so many pictures of you, John and Hunter that If I see ya at Pop at the end of next week and after I'll feel like I know ya. A picture of us is on the first page of my pretrip report. Actually, somewhere I have an OLD trip report with some pictures of us. It got so cumbersome I stopped -this time I vow to finish!

Have a great trip next week and I can't wait to read the rest!
I'm not Lisa but I thought I would let you know that Lisa leaves work at noon on Friday and normally doesn't get back on till Saturday or Sunday. She has such a great trip report. We do have a lot of fun with our talk.

Ginny

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: