Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #1396
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
I'm sure if my boys were asked where they heard it from, they'd answer "from Mommy" From when they were little, they've asked us questions like "do you have a p-e-n-i-s?", "why not? That's sad. Poor Mommy." We've always used the actual names for body parts, but that's how we were raised too, kwim?

Yes, absolutely to each their own - our differences make the world interesting!

PS: What a wonderful name you've chosen for your little sweetie-pie! Great minds think alike on naming the eldest son!
My little boy has called his, well, you know a "bunny" since he was old enough to talk. Bunny b/c he was trying to say Belly and it didn't come out right. Everything within the vicinity of his belly became his "bunny". Now he knows the difference between his stomach and other parts, but "bunny" has stuck!!! I also have a "bunny" and my chest are are "bunnies" to him, too! So if he talks about bunnies, chances are no one will know what he means, unless he tells them!

Thanks for the props on the name. It's DEFINITELY a good name! Suits him perfectly. I imagine you also have a Mitchell!!!!+

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #1397
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Loved the update, Lisa. I know what you mean about being sad about leaving. I, too, leave with my head hanging and heart heavy on the last day of MK. I LOVE that park! But, you'll be there in six days!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #1398
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I would have liked to make MK my final day too as would Sheri but we had to do MGM for Alex and we were too tight to buy park hoppers.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #1399
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Thanks for the props on the name. It's DEFINITELY a good name! Suits him perfectly. I imagine you also have a Mitchell!!!!+
You imagine correctly My Mitchell was a Mitchell even before he was conceived! Now, my youngest son, on the other hand - his name was a fight with dh LOL Dh finally agreed with me, but by then I was so bored in the hospital after ds#2 was born that I'd already filled out the birth certificate anyway
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #1400
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
No offense meant at all, but why would that word be taboo? It's just another body part

I think it's great that she called her barbie doll that and not her ken doll - she got the body part matched with the gender correctly

Great update. I am so sad the day os over. I can feel it, just like I am there.
I'm AM happy that you are goiong again so soon, so we can still keep reading about your adventures!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #1401
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I am as excited about your trip as I am mine. I love your reports. The pictures of your last night were so good. I know what you mean about the last day there. We always go to the MK on our first day and most of the time we go there on our last day too. I still haven't told Dale that SM will not be open when we go back in September shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 07-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #1402
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Man I get behind and look what I get 94 pages lol. I am so jealous that you are leaving soon. I can't wait to go again.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #1403
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Ahhh...loved the update, Lisa!! That was so sad when you were leaving MK for the night. and as it started to rain that "even the skies were crying". But...you are going back very soon, and you'll be looking at that beautiful castle before you know it.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #1404
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'll be back in the a.m. to reply to everybody. John and I just finished up an order to Garden Grocer. Even though we drive and have a car at our disposal, I don't want to spend Disney time shopping in a grocery store. So, we ordered water, Cokes, breakfast snack foods, milk and bananas. Ya'll know we aren't big breakfast eaters so now we've got something to snack on in the a.m. We also like to have drinks in the room instead of buying the refillable mugs. Less hassle.

It's 10:36 p.m. and I'm bushed. See ya'll in the morning!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-31-2009, 08:12 AM   #1405
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
You imagine correctly My Mitchell was a Mitchell even before he was conceived! Now, my youngest son, on the other hand - his name was a fight with dh LOL Dh finally agreed with me, but by then I was so bored in the hospital after ds#2 was born that I'd already filled out the birth certificate anyway
The name was a hassle for me and dh too. I didn't know what his name would be, we had three to choose from, but I was going to let dh ultimately decide. He can never make up his mind! So, on the way to the hospital, I was in active labor, he told me I could pick the name, just to take my mind off the pain!

Well, I couldn't concentrate on anything but getting to the hospital RIGHT THEN, so when he was born, he just looked like a Mitchell! Which was the name I really wanted anyways. We mommas usually get our way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'll be back in the a.m. to reply to everybody. John and I just finished up an order to Garden Grocer. Even though we drive and have a car at our disposal, I don't want to spend Disney time shopping in a grocery store. So, we ordered water, Cokes, breakfast snack foods, milk and bananas. Ya'll know we aren't big breakfast eaters so now we've got something to snack on in the a.m. We also like to have drinks in the room instead of buying the refillable mugs. Less hassle.

It's 10:36 p.m. and I'm bushed. See ya'll in the morning!
I hope you got the Fudge Rounds for Hunter!!!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:20 AM   #1406
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Yes, I'm glad you got to hit MGM. Good job on the convert. Let's see how many more you can get.

Speaking of Extreme Makeover. They were just here 2 weeks ago doing a house. A lady in the Shrine that I know painted murals in two rooms. Christine's (the girl that works here) 8 yo granddaughter went out on reveal day. Ashley Tisdale and Shawn Johnson were here. She got autographs from everyone. The house was about 7 miles as the crow flies from us. A little further out in the country. It is supposed to air in October
How cool is it that your granddaughter got autographs! I love Extreme Makeover even if it does make me cry every time I watch it.

Quote:
Oh, no offense taken at all! I guess if I heard my son say that, my first thought would be, "Where'd you hear that?" and "in what context did you hear that?".

THen I wouldn't want him to repeat it to another child so that child could go home and tell his/her parents that Mitchell was the one they heard it from. He's four, so it's not quite time for him to know the proper names of those body parts just yet! (But that's just me, to each their own! )
Quote:
I'm sure if my boys were asked where they heard it from, they'd answer "from Mommy" From when they were little, they've asked us questions like "do you have a p-e-n-i-s?", "why not? That's sad. Poor Mommy." We've always used the actual names for body parts, but that's how we were raised too, kwim?

Yes, absolutely to each their own - our differences make the world interesting!

PS: What a wonderful name you've chosen for your little sweetie-pie! Great minds think alike on naming the eldest son!
Hearing you guys talk about the things kids say.......I've told you guys that John and I owe a cabinet shop. The shop is at our house so he's not the typical guy who gets dressed every morning and heads out to a job. Hunter used to tell all his teachers and friends that his daddy didn't have a job. When he told us that, we had to explain to him that he did have a job, he just didn't GO off every day to a job. The things kids say.

Quote:
NOT wrong and sending you lots of
I'm just ready to leave for Disney!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:23 AM   #1407
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Ahhhh what bittersweet update. Those last moments at MK are to be savored even if it is 2 am And good news for you is you will be back before you know it
Thank goodness because just writing about it in the report made me wanna cry.

Quote:
That is the advantage of no company for sure. Don and I are spoiled since it is just the two of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
No not at all! and I know where you are coming from... with Gwendolyn & Joe living here we are going through the same thing...in fact Danny was sitting in the rocker last night in a tee and underwear and looks at me at says tell me when the kids pull up. I was like why??? not realizing what he was talking about
Yes, it will be nice to be able to walk around in just my underwear and t-shirt again. I was also spoiled on not cooking every day. I would usually cook two or three days and then we'd eat a dinner of leftovers. Then, I'd cook another day or so and then eat sandwiches or hot dogs. And, I do not cook major meals on weekends unless it's on Sunday evening. That's my time off. But, when you have company over, you feel the need to make sure they are well fed and entertained.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:27 AM   #1408
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My little boy has called his, well, you know a "bunny" since he was old enough to talk. Bunny b/c he was trying to say Belly and it didn't come out right. Everything within the vicinity of his belly became his "bunny". Now he knows the difference between his stomach and other parts, but "bunny" has stuck!!! I also have a "bunny" and my chest are are "bunnies" to him, too! So if he talks about bunnies, chances are no one will know what he means, unless he tells them!

Ya'll already know what Hunter calls "it"......the "goov".

Quote:
Loved the update, Lisa. I know what you mean about being sad about leaving. I, too, leave with my head hanging and heart heavy on the last day of MK. I LOVE that park! But, you'll be there in six days!
I think it's saddest to leave the Magic Kingdom. Oh well, I'll be there in just a few days!

Quote:
I would have liked to make MK my final day too as would Sheri but we had to do MGM for Alex and we were too tight to buy park hoppers.
We quit buying park hoppers several years ago. We used to buy them every year but found ourselves not really hopping that much and couldn't justify the cost. Now, since we purchase dining plan, it's much easier to just plan a meal in that particular part of a nearby resort than to hop during the day. The money we would have spent on park hoppers now goes to the water park and more option.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #1409
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Great update. I am so sad the day os over. I can feel it, just like I am there.
I'm AM happy that you are goiong again so soon, so we can still keep reading about your adventures!
I keep thinking...."What can I name my next trip report? How 'bout "Thank Goodness There Were No Mishaps This Go Round!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
I am as excited about your trip as I am mine. I love your reports. The pictures of your last night were so good. I know what you mean about the last day there. We always go to the MK on our first day and most of the time we go there on our last day too. I still haven't told Dale that SM will not be open when we go back in September shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Oh, I went ahead and told everybody that Space Mountain and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority would be closed. I didn't want to have any upset people on my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
Man I get behind and look what I get 94 pages lol. I am so jealous that you are leaving soon. I can't wait to go again.
Holy moly! 94 pages! You had a lot of catching up to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Ahhh...loved the update, Lisa!! That was so sad when you were leaving MK for the night. and as it started to rain that "even the skies were crying". But...you are going back very soon, and you'll be looking at that beautiful castle before you know it.
It was just so ironic that it started raining as we were leaving. It truly did feel like the skies were crying.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:42 AM   #1410
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlemoine View Post
Great trip report Lisa. I have to say your report was the final inspiration to start my very own. Thanks!!! Hope your upcoming trip is very magical.
Hooray! I need to come over for a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
YES!!!! I want to read your trip report UNCENSORED!! And I love this crazy little banana! hahaha
I knew I recognized the user name! Isn't the report so much better than the Intercot version. I honestly don't see anything wrong with anything that I have said or anything that we did.

And, don't you just love the fact that we all have become one big happy family? We like to talk amongst ourselves as much as we like reading/typing the report.

Quote:

I hope you got the Fudge Rounds for Hunter!!!
Absolutely! I do have to buy a box for the road though. I do not know how that boy can put another Fudge Round in his mouth. I kid you not when I say he has eaten Fudge Rounds nearly every day since he was about 4 years old. I should own stock in Little Debbie.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: