Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #1381
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I don't know if I will be able to get another update in today. The boss has now made an official "what do we need to get done before Lisa leaves" list. Told you he was starting to freak out.
And you being the secretary that you are will have it all done too.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #1382
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
They were happy tears. Sort of. I have read every post on this trip report and I just hate to see it come to an end. Almost like leaving on that last day. I cried then too. I always thought I was a sap. Now I know I'm just a cry-baby.
I am a cry baby/sap too. I cry every time I watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition, every sweet video, commercials, movies, you name it, I cry.

Will it make you feel better to know that we actually weren't quite finished with the vacation and made a trip over to Hollywood Studios before heading home?

Quote:
Are you from Intercot by chance? Welcome aboard at any rate. It is fun on Lisa's TR.
Yep! An Intercot convert thanks to me!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 07-30-2009 at 02:58 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #1383
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

Quote:
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Also, how heartbreaking to leave the MK!!!!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 07-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #1384
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And you being the secretary that you are will have it all done too.
Oh, I am gonna have it done just so he won't have the satisfaction of being able to say I didn't.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #1385
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am a cry baby/sap too. I cry every time I was Extreme Makeover Home Edition, every sweet video, commercials, movies, you name it, I cry.

Will it make you feel better to know that we actually weren't quite finished with the vacation and made a trip over to Hollywood Studios before heading home?

Yep! An Intercot convert thanks to me!
Yes, I'm glad you got to hit MGM. Good job on the convert. Let's see how many more you can get.

Speaking of Extreme Makeover. They were just here 2 weeks ago doing a house. A lady in the Shrine that I know painted murals in two rooms. Christine's (the girl that works here) 8 yo granddaughter went out on reveal day. Ashley Tisdale and Shawn Johnson were here. She got autographs from everyone. The house was about 7 miles as the crow flies from us. A little further out in the country. It is supposed to air in October

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Last edited by aaaateamsgrandma; 07-30-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #1386
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post

Also, how heartbreaking to leave the MK!!!!

We always end our Disney vacation with a day at the Magic Kingdom. I want that last memory to be of the gorgeous castle. This time around, though, we made another trip to Hollywood Studios before going home.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #1387
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
No offense meant at all, but why would that word be taboo? It's just another body part

I think it's great that she called her barbie doll that and not her ken doll - she got the body part matched with the gender correctly

Oh, no offense taken at all! I guess if I heard my son say that, my first thought would be, "Where'd you hear that?" and "in what context did you hear that?".

THen I wouldn't want him to repeat it to another child so that child could go home and tell his/her parents that Mitchell was the one they heard it from. He's four, so it's not quite time for him to know the proper names of those body parts just yet! (But that's just me, to each their own! )

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #1388
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Is it wrong of me to be wishing that I could just go home to an empty house and get my Disney stuff together? It would be so much easier if everybody was gone somewhere and I do my thing.

I love Jesse's heart but I'm ready to be able to walk around my house in my t-shirt and underwear and not have to worry about putting on pajama pants before coming out of the bedroom.

I guess I am just tired. Back to work I go.........

Old 07-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #1389
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Oh, no offense taken at all! I guess if I heard my son say that, my first thought would be, "Where'd you hear that?" and "in what context did you hear that?".

THen I wouldn't want him to repeat it to another child so that child could go home and tell his/her parents that Mitchell was the one they heard it from. He's four, so it's not quite time for him to know the proper names of those body parts just yet! (But that's just me, to each their own! )
I'm sure if my boys were asked where they heard it from, they'd answer "from Mommy" From when they were little, they've asked us questions like "do you have a p-e-n-i-s?", "why not? That's sad. Poor Mommy." We've always used the actual names for body parts, but that's how we were raised too, kwim?

Yes, absolutely to each their own - our differences make the world interesting!

PS: What a wonderful name you've chosen for your little sweetie-pie! Great minds think alike on naming the eldest son!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #1390
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Is it wrong of me to be wishing that I could just go home to an empty house and get my Disney stuff together? It would be so much easier if everybody was gone somewhere and I do my thing.

I love Jesse's heart but I'm ready to be able to walk around my house in my t-shirt and underwear and not have to worry about putting on pajama pants before coming out of the bedroom.

NOT wrong and sending you lots of
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #1391
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Ahhhh what bittersweet update. Those last moments at MK are to be savored even if it is 2 am And good news for you is you will be back before you know it
Old 07-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #1392
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That is the advantage of no company for sure. Don and I are spoiled since it is just the two of us.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #1393
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No not at all! and I know where you are coming from... with Gwendolyn & Joe living here we are going through the same thing...in fact Danny was sitting in the rocker last night in a tee and underwear and looks at me at says tell me when the kids pull up. I was like why??? not realizing what he was talking about
Old 07-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #1394
cjlemoine
Don't Ya Just Love Disney

Great trip report Lisa. I have to say your report was the final inspiration to start my very own. Thanks!!! Hope your upcoming trip is very magical.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #1395
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yeah! Another Intercot convert! Aren't we soooo much for fun over here on the Disboards?!?!
YES!!!! I want to read your trip report UNCENSORED!! And I love this crazy little banana! hahaha

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: