Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #1366
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Let's get started again...I think I remember that the last installment included seeing somebody get thrown out of PhilarMagic, clapping because they got thrown out of PhilarMagic, picking up some fries and Cokes to share, meeting a family from Arkansas, getting turned down by people who wouldn't take an innocent glowstick for their kid(s) and then actually watching the fireworks.

Up next on the list of things to see and do was to take a flight on Dumbo, the flying elephant. I know that it's just a cycle ride. I don't care that it's a kiddie ride. I know these things and yet a trip to Disney is just not complete without a ride on Dumbo. Just gotta do it.

Here's one of those "let me see if I can stretch my arm far enough out and get our heads close enough together to take a picture" picture. Don't we look tired?

More:

Right when the ride stops, I yelled at Hunter and told him to stay put until I could get there and take his picture. He did and then I did.

Once we had ridden Dumbo, we didn't really know what we wanted to do. We had ridden everything in the park but we just didn't want to leave. We knew this would be our last full day at Disney. So, we just wandered. There was a bunch of walking and backtracking around the park this day.

First toward the castle where we stopped and took pictures:

There was a family taking turns taking pictures and I offered to take one of them all together. They were so happy and offered to take one of us as well.

Then we walked through the castle and stopped to take more pictures:

The castle and on the castle pathway:

This is the point where my memory gets a little fuzzy, actually a whole lot of fuzzy. I remember that we took the castle pathway down to the main hub and over to Tomorrowland but I can't remember what we did. I guess it was whatever was open during Extra Magic Hours.

I do remember this....I freaked out. I mean really freaked out because I remembered that I had packages to pick up at Package Pickup. Crap-a-delic! I bet it's closed because the park is officially closed. I told John to stay in Tomorrowland and that I was going to make a mad dash to Package Pickup and see if they were still open. I get there huffing and puffing to find just two people in the place. But, thank goodness, they were. I told them I needed to pick up my packages. They looked at my Extra Magic Hours armband and said, you can come back when you are finished for the day. We'll be here until 3:00 a.m. My mad dash was for nothing. I was still happy though.

I called John on his cell and he and Hunter met me at The Plaza Restaurant. I remember us walking over the bridge to Liberty Square but I don't remember why. I think it was because we wanted to see how long the wait was for Big Thunder Mountain. Of course, I stopped to take pictures along the way:

It was about 5 minutes until 2:00 a.m. and, even though we were dead dog tired and the park was about to close, we didn't want to leave. We went over to Pirates of the Caribbean for the final ride until next year. We walked right on and were on the last boat of the night. There were just 5 of us waiting to ride. A dad and his son and the three of us. Hunter wanted to ride up front and so did the other little boy. Since the dad and son were there first, we told Hunter that they had first pick. The dad offered to let Hunter ride with them. Wasn't that sweet? So, Hunter and the other two rode up front and John and I sat a few rows behind.

When the boat docked, we were sad. Hunter thanked the dad for letting him ride up front with them and we, literally, hung our heads as we walked out. That was our last ride in the Magic Kingdom.

We took the pathway from Adventureland to Main Street and started making our way down the right hand side of the street. I think we stopped in every store that was still open. We just wanted to prolong the agony of leaving. Soon, we were at Package Pickup and I went in to gather our packages. Just one lady was working and she said she would be glad to see the day end. How unlike me!

We turned around for one last look at the beautiful castle and said goodbye....for now.

We were walking to the CBR bus stop when it started to drizzle a little. See even the skies were crying because we were leaving. We saw a bus to the CBR pull up and we picked up the pace so it wouldn't leave us behind. There were about a handfull of people on the bus and it was super quiet. In no time at all, we were back at the CBR and in our room. And, the process of packing up a week's worth of stuff began.

***Lunch breaks over. Gotta get back to the grind.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 07-30-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #1367
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Thank you for allowing to "see" in a new perspective. We all get locked into our own agenda.

Ginny
You took the words right out of my mouth.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #1368
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Lisa,

You made me cry. I didn't want the day to end for you. What wonderful pictures of Hunter, John, you, the whole family. Oh boo hoo. I think I love you and your family. I'm going to miss you while you are gone.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #1369
SKTiger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What an aggrevation gathering all that stuff. My dear sweet Austin got his first mark last year. Leaving the school at 6pm after practice and cruising the parking lot didn't make a complete stop at the sign. The principal caught him and was going to keep him from going to prom but the assist principal said that was stupid.
It amazes me what some school teachers and administrators are thinking sometimes!

After never receiving as much as a detention in high school, with three days left in my senior year, I had a chemistry teacher write me up and send me to the office for "attempting to belittle him by engaging in a staring contest". Yes! He really wrote that on the form! In reality, I had lost a contact in phys ed and couldn't see so I had to really concentrate on looking at the board, which he was standing in front of. We the principal (also my uncle) sent me back to class, and he stormed down there proclaiming what an outrage it was that I was getting preferential treatment and that I should be suspended and blah blah blah on and on. No one in my family could believe it!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #1370
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTiger View Post
It amazes me what some school teachers and administrators are thinking sometimes!

After never receiving as much as a detention in high school, with three days left in my senior year, I had a chemistry teacher write me up and send me to the office for "attempting to belittle him by engaging in a staring contest". Yes! He really wrote that on the form! In reality, I had lost a contact in phys ed and couldn't see so I had to really concentrate on looking at the board, which he was standing in front of. We the principal (also my uncle) sent me back to class, and he stormed down there proclaiming what an outrage it was that I was getting preferential treatment and that I should be suspended and blah blah blah on and on. No one in my family could believe it!
I know where my grandkids go to school there are some teachers that don't like kids that are popular, athletic or smart. They think there are too many complications with them. If I taught those would be my favorite kids. They just don't cause trouble. My daughters Principal was my husbands best friend in grade school. No one gave them a hard time.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #1371
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

What a lovely last evening you had at MK Wonderful pictures of a good time had by all, a happy surprise at the package pick-up (btw, can I borrow "crapadelic"? It's awesome! LOL), a great last ride on PotC and a bus with lots of seating! Packing to leave is so sad
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #1372
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
You reacted much more calmly than I would have, I'm afraid. I would have immediately said, "What'd you say? We don't say that word! Where'd you hear that?" I like your way better!

Still laughing!
No offense meant at all, but why would that word be taboo? It's just another body part

I think it's great that she called her barbie doll that and not her ken doll - she got the body part matched with the gender correctly
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 07-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #1373
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed your last day at MK report...nice way to end the evening w/family pics andPoTC ride. I bet you're getting antsy to leave...and tell the kids where they are sleeping
Have a great afternoon!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #1374
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKTiger View Post

A think the teacher should have been reprimanded, not you. Sounds like he was just trying to single you out and get you into trouble.

Quote:
I know where my grandkids go to school there are some teachers that don't like kids that are popular, athletic or smart. They think there are too many complications with them. If I taught those would be my favorite kids. They just don't cause trouble. My daughters Principal was my husbands best friend in grade school. No one gave them a hard time.
At our local high school, it's just the opposite. They favorite the athletes and popular kids.

Quote:
Lisa,

You made me cry. I didn't want the day to end for you. What wonderful pictures of Hunter, John, you, the whole family. Oh boo hoo. I think I love you and your family. I'm going to miss you while you are gone.

Ginny
I'm sorry, Ginny, I didn't mean to make you cry.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #1375
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
What a lovely last evening you had at MK Wonderful pictures of a good time had by all, a happy surprise at the package pick-up (btw, can I borrow "crapadelic"? It's awesome! LOL), a great last ride on PotC and a bus with lots of seating! Packing to leave is so sad
I hate packing up and leaving Disney. It's just so sad. And, yes, you have my permission to borrow crapadelic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
No offense meant at all, but why would that word be taboo? It's just another body part

I think it's great that she called her barbie doll that and not her ken doll - she got the body part matched with the gender correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Enjoyed your last day at MK report...nice way to end the evening w/family pics andPoTC ride. I bet you're getting antsy to leave...and tell the kids where they are sleeping
Have a great afternoon!
We just didn't want to leave 'cause we knew we wouldn't be back for a whole year. Lacey and Hunter still have no clue where we are staying. Like I said before, Lacey could really care less, so long as it has a bed. She's slept just about everywhere doing her missionary work and most times it wasn't in a bed, it was on a floor. Hunter, on the other hand, is going to go crazy. He is as much a CBR lover as his dad and I are.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #1376
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I don't know if I will be able to get another update in today. The boss has now made an official "what do we need to get done before Lisa leaves" list. Told you he was starting to freak out.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #1377
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

OMG- YAY!!! You are here uncensored!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 02:43 PM   #1378
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry, Ginny, I didn't mean to make you cry.
They were happy tears. Sort of. I have read every post on this trip report and I just hate to see it come to an end. Almost like leaving on that last day. I cried then too. I always thought I was a sap. Now I know I'm just a cry-baby.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #1379
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Are you from Intercot by chance? Welcome aboard at any rate. It is fun on Lisa's TR.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #1380
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Yeah! Another Intercot convert! Aren't we soooo much for fun over here on the Disboards?!?!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: