Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #1351
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Wow. You guys are quiet to far today.

I have to get ready to go meet Will's teacher, but I wanted to stop in and say hi,

Connie, those aerial pictures are really cool. Thanks!

I'll be back later.
You've been a busy girl already this morning. I am trying to get all my work done. Boss is in what I call the "semi-freaking out" mode. He keeps saying don't worry about a fill-in (we haven't gotten one yet) but I know he's secretly worried. I figure by Monday, we'll be in "full blown freaking out" mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I will wait and send when you get back from your trip to the World. It can be a late anniversary present.

So far so good today. I have to do all that quarterly tax. UGH. I keep forgetting my passwords. I am a moron. Have a good day.

Look at your siggie. So close.
I am so glad that I don't have to do any of the taxes at this job. I talked my boss into hiring a guy at an accounting service to do it. Just cost $100.00 a quarter.

I know I am super duper close.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #1352
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Dana,

I meant to ask you if that was you and Dallas in Team Frenroe's Massive Meet picture. If it isn't, then you two have twins.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #1353
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I am so not fond of smoke. One of the things I'm not crazy about in Vegas and places like that. I'm always glad to put the Cpap on at night so I feel like I'm breating clean air. Leave a note for the ghosties to quit smoking in your office.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #1354
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I know that bathroom too. We went to it this year. (it's the one where Claire went potty and didn't get her panites down all the way {our last day} and she peed on her underwear. LOL We took them off, walked out grabbed another pair, that luckily I had brought that day and walked back in and put them on. No one was the wiser. LOL)
When we went in there I was trying to remember if I had ever seen that one before or been in it too. It was tucked away. But it was busy when I was in there.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #1355
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Gosh, I am scatter minded today.

Lacey has been trying to get her transcripts from high school, the college she attended in Louisiana and the California college so that she can start classes at her new college.

Back up, I think I forgot to tell ya'll that the Mission kids will not be doing online classes this year. There is a college in Cleveland, Georgia that has agreed to cut their fees so that the Mission kids can actually sit in a classroom. They are super stoked.

Anyway, Lacey has all of the transcripts already in Georgia but the new school wants new ones and wants them all sealed and unopened. Ugh! What a pain in the rear end.

Let me get back to the original point. Lacey found her high school folder they gave her when she graduated. In it was two pink slips. What were they for? Skipping school! What did she skip school for? She went to morning prayer meeting at the church! Have you ever heard of anybody skipping school to go to church? She's my little angel.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #1356
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Gosh, I am scatter minded today.

Lacey has been trying to get her transcripts from high school, the college she attended in Louisiana and the California college so that she can start classes at her new college.

Back up, I think I forgot to tell ya'll that the Mission kids will not be doing online classes this year. There is a college in Cleveland, Georgia that has agreed to cut their fees so that the Mission kids can actually sit in a classroom. They are super stoked.

Anyway, Lacey has all of the transcripts already in Georgia but the new school wants new ones and wants them all sealed and unopened. Ugh! What a pain in the rear end.

Let me get back to the original point. Lacey found her high school folder they gave her when she graduated. In it was two pink slips. What were they for? Skipping school! What did she skip school for? She went to morning prayer meeting at the church! Have you ever heard of anybody skipping school to go to church? She's my little angel.
What an aggrevation gathering all that stuff. My dear sweet Austin got his first mark last year. Leaving the school at 6pm after practice and cruising the parking lot didn't make a complete stop at the sign. The principal caught him and was going to keep him from going to prom but the assist principal said that was stupid. He has never been in trouble before, a model citizen, he admitted he was wrong. Let it go. Austin felt terrible and learned his lesson. He couldn't park on school property for 2 weeks. So he drove to the shopping center across the street and a friend picked him up to take him to school. We all know rules are rules but come on. What a bad child. Much like your Lacey. You know division of church and school. When they do the rally round the flag pole each spring they have to be sure and be done 10 minutes before the bell rings.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #1357
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You've been a busy girl already this morning. I am trying to get all my work done. Boss is in what I call the "semi-freaking out" mode. He keeps saying don't worry about a fill-in (we haven't gotten one yet) but I know he's secretly worried. I figure by Monday, we'll be in "full blown freaking out" mode.

I know I am super duper close.
I can send you Gwendolyn; but, your boss would have to put her up for the week. She does not start back at school until the end of the month and she quit her job at the supermarket to work on school and her Avon sales.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #1358
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

OK, this is totally off topic, but just so funny I had to share. I am sitting at my computer, which is in the basement of our house, going through posts and unsuccessfully trying to catch up. Claire is playing with her zillion Barbies right now. She is always having them put on shows. Well I heard her go "Presenting V-A-G-I-N-A!" (I put the slashes so it doesn't get blocked) LOL! I said, whats your Barbies name? and She repaeated that name. and added "isn't it a wonderful name". I laughed and said "well it's different".
Where the heck did she come up with that? We don;t use that word too often around here, so I have no clue where she heard it and whay she thinks it's a name?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #1359
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
OK, this is totally off topic, but just so funny I had to share. I am sitting at my computer, which is in the basement of our house, going through posts and unsuccessfully trying to catch up. Claire is playing with her zillion Barbies right now. She is always having them put on shows. Well I heard her go "Presenting V-A-G-I-N-A!" (I put the slashes so it doesn't get blocked) LOL! I said, whats your Barbies name? and She repaeated that name. and added "isn't it a wonderful name". I laughed and said "well it's different".
Where the heck did she come up with that? We don;t use that word too often around here, so I have no clue where she heard it and whay she thinks it's a name?
Kids. That is a total hoot. I was called Virgin many times when young. Short for Virginia as we kids didn't know better but this is way better. Love it. Sorry for buttin in Lisa.

Ginny

Old 07-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #1360
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

too funny!!! kids come up with the greatest things...I'm sure she heard a name simililar to the word and since she has heard the work before that is what her mind put together... Ashton's language is just becoming clearer and the things he comes out with...

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 07-30-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #1361
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:

You reacted much more calmly than I would have, I'm afraid. I would have immediately said, "What'd you say? We don't say that word! Where'd you hear that?" I like your way better!

Still laughing!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #1362
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What an aggrevation gathering all that stuff. My dear sweet Austin got his first mark last year. Leaving the school at 6pm after practice and cruising the parking lot didn't make a complete stop at the sign. The principal caught him and was going to keep him from going to prom but the assist principal said that was stupid. He has never been in trouble before, a model citizen, he admitted he was wrong. Let it go. Austin felt terrible and learned his lesson. He couldn't park on school property for 2 weeks. So he drove to the shopping center across the street and a friend picked him up to take him to school. We all know rules are rules but come on. What a bad child. Much like your Lacey. You know division of church and school. When they do the rally round the flag pole each spring they have to be sure and be done 10 minutes before the bell rings.
They can't have prayer in school anymore and people who don't believe have actually sued school boards over their child having to listen to a prayer. Why can't I sue the school because my child "can't" say a prayer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I can send you Gwendolyn; but, your boss would have to put her up for the week. She does not start back at school until the end of the month and she quit her job at the supermarket to work on school and her Avon sales.
I'm beyond the point of worrying about a fill-in. Yesterday, or maybe the day before, he told me to quit worrying so I have. If we don't get somebody, he'll just call a temp service. Thanks for offering to send your child though.

Quote:
That Claire is such a character. Wonder where she heard that from?

Quote:
Kids. That is a total hoot. I was called Virgin many times when young. Short for Virginia as we kids didn't know better but this is way better. Love it. Sorry for buttin in Lisa.

Ginny
Since when did buttin in on this thread become a no-no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
too funny!!! kids come up with the greatest things...I'm sure she heard a name simililar to the word and since she has heard the work before that is what her mind put together... Ashton's language is just becoming clearer and the things he comes out with...:lmao
Yes, kids can say the darndest things. Some of which you don't want to hear!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #1363
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since when did buttin in on this thread become a no-no?
I knew I liked you. I have never learned to keep my big mouth shut. My daddy always said they should never have clipped my tongue when I was born. ( I was tongue-tied as they used to call it and they had to clip underneath to release it) I know TMI. If you guys haven't figured out I'm weird you soon will. But a nice weird.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #1364
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

Quote:
They can't have prayer in school anymore and people who don't believe have actually sued school boards over their child having to listen to a prayer. Why can't I sue the school because my child "can't" say a prayer?
Since you brought it up I dealt with this a lot in high school, being the only Jewish kid in my class in high school. Children are a captive audience at school, most of the time legally required to be there. So, when someone comes over the intercom or whatever to say a prayer, those children can't leave. Imagine if your child were at a school where everyone believes something very different from what they believe and then the principal or teacher comes over the intercom with prayers from that religion. It can be incredibly uncomfortable at the time, but also, when you have a group of kids together who think that *their* way is the sanctioned way and your way is wrong and weird? Bad news for the weird kid, believe me. Most of the time, I think the church and state separation at schools doesn't go far enough, especially considering the number of fairly religious Christmas songs I sang in choir. Granted, choir is not a required class, but because I'm Jewish, I shouldn't get to sing? Most of the time, I just didn't sing certain words, only the notes, if it was particularly disagreeable to me:I love the sound of "O Holy Night" but the words can be problematic for someone who doesn't believe! Also, I'm pretty sure you particular child *could* say a prayer to him/herself - just not a school-sanctioned group prayer (which somehow has expanded to include moments of silence, which I find a little bizarre).

I do think it's unfortunate though that the school considered it like skipping school to go to morning church. That doesn't seem to make total sense.

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #1365
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Since you brought it up I dealt with this a lot in high school, being the only Jewish kid in my class in high school. Children are a captive audience at school, most of the time legally required to be there. So, when someone comes over the intercom or whatever to say a prayer, those children can't leave. Imagine if your child were at a school where everyone believes something very different from what they believe and then the principal or teacher comes over the intercom with prayers from that religion. It can be incredibly uncomfortable at the time, but also, when you have a group of kids together who think that *their* way is the sanctioned way and your way is wrong and weird? Bad news for the weird kid, believe me. Most of the time, I think the church and state separation at schools doesn't go far enough, especially considering the number of fairly religious Christmas songs I sang in choir. Granted, choir is not a required class, but because I'm Jewish, I shouldn't get to sing? Most of the time, I just didn't sing certain words, only the notes, if it was particularly disagreeable to me:I love the sound of "O Holy Night" but the words can be problematic for someone who doesn't believe! Also, I'm pretty sure you particular child *could* say a prayer to him/herself - just not a school-sanctioned group prayer (which somehow has expanded to include moments of silence, which I find a little bizarre).

I do think it's unfortunate though that the school considered it like skipping school to go to morning church. That doesn't seem to make total sense.
Thank you for allowing to "see" in a new perspective. We all get locked into our own agenda.

Ginny

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: