Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #976
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
It is unreal that your time is getting so close. If I had more vaca days I would join you. I have 3 1/2 days till Oct 1. Then I start the cycle over. Don informed me while we were in Vegas we can retire Dec 2011. Yippee. I really wanted to go sooner. It's a money thing. Imagine that.
You'd be more than welcome to come along! Retirement sounds soooo good right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Lisa: I would LOVE to go on a trip with you guys! You all sound so funny! I agree, no fun being stuffy.

Ginny: How wonderful that you can retire in 2011! It will be here before you know it. I've been working at my current job for nearly eleven years now, and will be eligible for retirement in 14 years. I will be 44!!! Everyone tells me I won't, though. I said, "you never know ". DH and I are working on it!
Girl, I told you to get your bags packed and be ready to hope on. The offer still stands!

Quote:
I have worked for doctors since 1971. Don has been elegible for retirement for almost 5 years but the longer he works the bigger his pension gets, the smaller our insurance premiums get and by then we can have social security too if there is any. My pension is in IRA's and right now about 1/2 of what it was. It was our fun money. I planned on it lasting me 10 years. So now maybe only 5 or 6. I bet we can still have some fun. I'm taking Don on an Alaskan cruise when he retires and in 2 years we are going to ...............

DISNEYLAND for Sheri's 40th birthday. She says we can all come. Yay for us.
I wish there were more places here in Louisiana that even offered you a pension plan. The only places are large corporations. Certainly, nothing in the legal field. I'll probably still be rolling into some law office when I am 90 years old.

My mother has always, always dreamed of going to Alaska. Her sister-in-law and some friends went on an Alaskan cruise and tried to talk my mama into going but she thought it was too much money. I told her she can't take it with her, she might as well spend it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #977
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You'd be more than welcome to come along! Retirement sounds soooo good right now!

Girl, I told you to get your bags packed and be ready to hope on. The offer still stands!

I wish there were more places here in Louisiana that even offered you a pension plan. The only places are large corporations. Certainly, nothing in the legal field. I'll probably still be rolling into some law office when I am 90 years old.

My mother has always, always dreamed of going to Alaska. Her sister-in-law and some friends went on an Alaskan cruise and tried to talk my mama into going but she thought it was too much money. I told her she can't take it with her, she might as well spend it.
I state to my girls all the time "I am not taking it with me and I'm not leaving it for you. You have jobs and can figure out for yourselves what you need to do". Of course I'm leaving what I can to them but they don't have to know that. We are thankful for the union job Don has had all these years. Major benefit. I worked for the last set of docs 17 years till they retired and I've been here 7. I am glad I don't have to go another 10.

The neurosurgeons gave me a lot more in my pension than the psychiatrist does but I will take what he gives.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #978
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Lisa, I can't run as fast as you need me to move when you come flying by my house on your way to the world! And I don't want bugs in my teeth since with Lacey going, I'd be strapped to the top of the car.

I think I'm safer staying home and you can tell us all about it when you get back. I can't wait!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #979
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa, I just asked you a question on Mel's report. You will have to check it out.
Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #980
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey Lisa, I just asked you a question on Mel's report. You will have to check it out.
Ginny
I went back and read but I can't find it. Post the link for this dumb ole' Louisiana gal.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #981
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went back and read but I can't find it. Post the link for this dumb ole' Louisiana gal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER!
Don't worry, HE will take care of "dear old mom"! I will pray for you guys.

And I have no doubts about that you've done something right with those girls! You've done a lot of "somethings" right, looks to me.

Quote:
Awww. that brought a tear to my eye. I feel I have done ok with the girls and it is nice when other people notice it too. The rules to live by: 1. Never loan money you can't afford to give as a gift. 2. You want for your children to be self-sufficient, to know they were loved and are not afraid to give love. and 3. Never make such a fool of yourself in public that you couldl not go back and see those people again.

Outside of that it's all easy. I know that HE is on my side. I have known it my whole life and He will take care of my needs.

Ok, I've preached my sermon for the day. Hey Lisa, ask Lacey how I did.

I just had to copy and paste cause you know my computer skills only go so far.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #982
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Shhhhhh! My boss is about to take a client in so I'm going to try and get another updated posted. Shhhhh!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #983
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Shhhhhh! My boss is about to take a client in so I'm going to try and get another updated posted. Shhhhh!
I will be verrrrrrrrrrry quiet.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:19 PM   #984
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER!
Don't worry, HE will take care of "dear old mom"! I will pray for you guys.

And I have no doubts about that you've done something right with those girls! You've done a lot of "somethings" right, looks to me.

I just had to copy and paste cause you know my computer skills only go so far.
How the heck did I miss that? My Lacey bug is pretty good at getting her point across without sounding really sermony (I know that's not a word but I'm officially making it a word.). She said if you get too "preachy" you turn people off. I think you did a mighty fine job if I do say so myself.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #985
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How the heck did I miss that? My Lacey bug is pretty good at getting her point across without sounding really sermony (I know that's not a word but I'm officially making it a word.). She said if you get too "preachy" you turn people off. I think you did a mighty fine job if I do say so myself.
Thanks. I try not to preach. Your children don't listen if you do.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #986
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

After whirling around on Primeval Whirl, eating a nice free sweet treat, people watching and getting chased by dinosaurs, we thought we'd walk on over to Asia which would be where we wound down our Animal Kingdom day.

For those of you who love the new Nemo show at Animal Kingdom, please accept my apologies for the following comments. We saw it the year it opened and I just couldn't make myself enjoy it. I love Finding Nemo but didn't care for this show. Neither did Hunter or John. We couldn't figure out if we were supposed to look at the puppets or the people or both or just what we were supposed to do. So, this go-round, we skipped the show entirely. But, we did use the pathway to make our way over to Asia. I love this path just as much as I love the path from Tomorrowland to Toontown in the Magic Kingdom. Both are out of the way so many people don't take them.

We make it over to Asia and I check out the wait time for Expedition Everest. If I'm remembering correctly, it was about an hour. I told the guys that I'd get Fastpasses and both of them looked at me as if I had grown two heads. What? They had decided they didn't want to ride. If the dumb bunnies had told me that earlier, I would have gotten a Fastpass for myself and ridden it while they did something else. Oh well. I'll ride it next trip.

We did walk around in the store at Expedition Everest though just to see if they had anything interesting. Not really so out we went and headed over to the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Before I post the first three pictures, I want to say that maybe these weren't taken on this trail. Something in my mind is saying that maybe they were on another trail but I think they are on the Maharajah trail.

And, again, I think some of the pictures are out of order. Sorry!

You guys all know about us being big jokers. Well, John doesn't like bats. He's not deathly afraid of them like I am heights and snakes but he definitley doesn't like them. So, every year, we make him take his picture under the bat bypass sign. I took one but it's one of those that got lost. I do have pictures of the bats though.

Next up were the absolutely gorgeous tigers. It wasn't super scorching hot so the tigers were up and about. Before heading into the tiger exhibit, Hunter spotted a hidden Mickey. Gotta confess, we knew it was there because we had seen it the year before. But, we still found it even if it was almost covered by the foliage.

From here on out, I have no pictures of our Animal Kingdom day. Yep, the rest were lost. I hate it!

By the time we finished the Maharajah Jungle Trek, we had seen nearly everything that Animal Kingdom had to offer except for Kali River Rapids which we were saving for the end of the day because we knew we'd get soaked. Just about that time, it started to rain. For some reason, I got it in my head that I didn't want to ride the rapids. So, I put my poncho on and stood on the bridge to watch for John and Hunter when they came by in the raft. I stood and I stood. I had my camera ready. I got rained on and I got rained on. I watched for them and I watched for them. I checked my camera again to make sure it was ready. I stood, got rained on, watched for them and had my camera ready again.

And.....then.....

I felt a tap on my shoulder and there were John and Hunter. What? How did I miss them? They said they even yelled out to me and waved. What? Hum? Don't know how I missed them.

Neither of them got dripping soaking wet like we usually do. Their bottoms were wet and their shoulders were wet but both had on hats so their heads weren't real wet. I asked if they wanted their ponchos and both said no since it was just drizzling rain by then.

On our way out of the park, we skipped around a bit. I mean, literally, skipped down the paths. Acting all silly and carefree. We'd stop at a store or a vendor if something caught our eye. We had no ADRs or anything planned for the evening so we just took our time. When we got to The Oasis, we looked in every and I mean every animal enclosure. We saw the anteater, a deer with tusks (yes tusks), lots of birds and some kind of pig looking thing whose name escapes me.

We made it to the park exit, turned around to say goodbye until next year and walked to the bus stop.

Up next our lazy evening at the CBR.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #987
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Yay! Another update. Love the animal pics. Gorgeous!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #988
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good, I now have more animal pictures to add to my collection. Except the bats. I hate bats. They are evil. I stepped on one barefoot when I was a kid. I still remember. ICK! There are many more things I would like to do at AK. Our time went too fast and we had too much rain. Gives me reason to return.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #989
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Two updates today!!! Love the ice cream story!! The pictures are too funny!! You all have such a great sense of humor!!

Aww...we love the Nemo show. After a while for us, we didn't even notice the people controlling the puppets, we were just so caught up with the show. However I must admit, last year's show was much better, but we were much closer to the stage. So maybe that made a difference.

Love all the great animal pics!! Especially the Tiger and Bats--Wow!! I don't think I have ever seen bats that close before..

It sounds like you had a great day at AK!! Can't wait to hear about your relaxing night at CBR!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #990
bballbabe
Me and my sister 1973 - the flowers are fake!

Glad you had a save trip to get LAcy.

I just caught up on the report. The family went to Hershey Park this past weekend to get the girls ready for the rides at Disney. They kept chickening out on going on some of the rides at Disney because of the big production Disney does before going on a ride. We got all of the girls on Super Dooper Looper and Lightening Racer. Now they will be ready for EE & RnR.

I also made my countdown calendar. It came out so cute.

10 of us together and whose taking bets on when the bus will get here!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post32677458

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: