Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #856
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I have no news but my laundry is done, my dishes are done and my legs are shaved so I'm ready for anything. Bring it on.
you are so funny... but I just sat down with the computer; because I just fininshed the same list...
Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #857
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Well fartadelic! I had typed up a nice installment (and photobucket was cooperating), when we I received an internet error report. I thought I had copied the installment before the internet shut down but I guess I didn't. I'll start over again.

On our way out of It's Tough To Be A Bug, it was decided that we'd go over to Camp Minnie Mickey and see Festival of the Lion King. Because we had a little time to kill before the show started, Hunter wanted to get a few character autographs.

First, we saw Minnie all gussied up in her safari suit:

And then, we walked up the trail to see this guy:

John didn't stand in line with Hunter and I but rather sat down on a bench near the bathrooms. When we left Mickey, we saw John motioning us over. The place was getting a bit crowded and John thought that we better go ahead and get in line for Festival of the Lion King. It's a good thing that we did too because right after we got in line, lots of folks started lining up.

Standing in front of us was a family of five. There was a grandmother who was probably in her late 60s/early 70s, a dad and mother who were early 30ish and two kids about 3 and 7. I felt so sorry for the grandmother. They had her loaded down like a pack mule. She had a large tote bag which was filed to the hilt on one shoulder. On the other shoulder, she had a diaper bag thing. Around her neck was a misting fan and she was juggling two water bottles in her arms. What did the mother and dad have? Absolutely nothing! Poor grandma!

We didn't have to wait too long before they started letting us into the theater. Because we were near the front of the line, we were able to get seats on the front row. Well, not the front row because the front two rows are for handicapped persons but the next front row. We were in the giraffe section again. Seems like every time we go to the show we are giraffes. I mean who the heck knows how to make a giraffe sound. One day, I'm going to grow up and be an elephant!

We're sitting there and people are still filtering into the theater and this family comes in and sits down in the row in front of us. The handicapped section. Were they handicapped? Did they have a handicapped person with them? NO! Were there other seats available in the theater? Yes! I NEVER and I mean NEVER sit or park in a handicapped section. EVER. These people were already on my poop list when they started getting loud and obnoxious. They were talking loud and started clapping really loud to try and get other people to clap. After about 5 minutes of this, I couldn't help myself and I leaned down and sweetly said "I don't think it's working so you can stop." The guy gave me a really ugly look and John gave me a "I'm proud of you." look. The guy stopped clapping but was still loud even throughout the show. I hate sitting near those kind of people.

Here are some pictures of the show. Some aren't so hot and they are out of order but since photobucket is cooperating right now, I better post them before they disappear.

I love the tumble monkeys:

Continued in next post.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #858
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Again, this is probably out of order but this guy comes out and he's twirling his fire baton thingies. These are pictures of the twirling but what I didn't get was his headpiece catching on fire!!!!! Yep, it caught on fire when he laid down and was twirling. I guess he smelled/felt it because he just rolled his head a little on the stage and it went out. I don't think anybody else even saw it. Kind of freaked me out.

Later, Mr. Hair on Fire came out with his sword/knives a twirling:

The blue and red heads in these pictures are the obnoxious dad and one of his kids. Sorry, just can't let it go.:

And, then, they started getting kids from the audience to come out and do the little parade around the theater. Hunter was chosen to be one of the kids. I think he felt a little out of place since he was one of the oldest kids chosen. But, he liked it anyway.:

The big finale:

Ahhhhh! We love Festival of the Lion King! Up next, Dinoland USA!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #859
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

My kids love a Bug's Life too!

I don't know if you or your boss put up the bells but if your boss did - it's great that he gave you a warning system for when he enters the office! I needed one like that when I used to work for someone!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #860
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

Add me to those who hate the obnoxious people that can't follow directions. I step on the feet of those who stop in the middle of aisle and plop themselves down in Philharmagic.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #861
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
You made me laugh! LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
you are so funny... but I just sat down with the computer; because I just fininshed the same list...
Isn't Ginny the funniest thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
My kids love a Bug's Life too!

I don't know if you or your boss put up the bells but if your boss did - it's great that he gave you a warning system for when he enters the office! I needed one like that when I used to work for someone!
I love the warning system!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #862
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Have any of you ever posted over on the Intercot boards? I've been posting my trip report over there and have had tons of people say they are enjoying the report so far. I just got two private messages from their moderators saying that my report has inappropriate behavior. They edited out John meeting Pocahontas and Hunter and I spitting. Holy smokes! I know they are about to edit out Hunter's booger smearing story. I guess I'm about to be banned from Intercot.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM   #863
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Totally awesome update. Glad Hunter was picked instead of Mr. Obnoxious' kids. It's because of him his kiddos didn't get picked. Trust me those Disney people can pick those rude people out so quick and they know how to ignore them. Too bad the kids have to suffer and grow up just like them.

We did not catch that show since the rain went so late in the day. I really am going to have to go back and call for a mulligan so I can relive AK. And do EE 10 times.

Quote:
Standing in front of us was a family of five. There was a grandmother who was probably in her late 60s/early 70s, a dad and mother who were early 30ish and two kids about 3 and 7. I felt so sorry for the grandmother. They had her loaded down like a pack mule. She had a large tote bag which was filed to the hilt on one shoulder. On the other shoulder, she had a diaper bag thing. Around her neck was a misting fan and she was juggling two water bottles in her arms. What did the mother and dad have? Absolutely nothing! Poor grandma!
This would be me. NOT! I make everyone else carry my stuff. I'm old you know. And I let everyone know it. Poor, Poor, Pitiful me.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #864
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
My life is a hoot. But a good hoot. Nothing mean just lots of fun. Glad your little one is doing well. I had written on like your final TR regarding him. You had so many posts I don't know if you read it or not. But think of you and your family and what a treasure you have.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #865
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
You made me laugh! LOL!
I am always available for a laugh. Call me anytime.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #866
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Love the FOTLK pictures!!!! You got some really great shots!! My camera doesn't do very well in a theater setting. Then again I'm still learning new things on it every day and I've had for over 6 months now... Hopefully I will get it figured out in time for our next trip.

Sorry about the rude people that sat in front of you during the show.We had something very similar happen at The Finding Nemo Musical. But it was the people behind us being very loud and rude.

That so great that Hunter was picked to be part of the show--very cool!!

Old 07-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #867
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I would never pass over there would I?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #868
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Add me to those who hate the obnoxious people that can't follow directions. I step on the feet of those who stop in the middle of aisle and plop themselves down in Philharmagic.
They just make me so mad!

Quote:
Totally awesome update. Glad Hunter was picked instead of Mr. Obnoxious' kids. It's because of him his kiddos didn't get picked. Trust me those Disney people can pick those rude people out so quick and they know how to ignore them. Too bad the kids have to suffer and grow up just like them.

We did not catch that show since the rain went so late in the day. I really am going to have to go back and call for a mulligan so I can relive AK. And do EE 10 times.

This would be me. NOT! I make everyone else carry my stuff. I'm old you know. And I let everyone know it. Poor, Poor, Pitiful me.

Ginny
I feel sorry for the kids because they were acting the same way as the dad was. The mother was just sitting over there saying nothing at all. I so wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue if I were her.

You've got to get back to the Animal Kingdom. There's just so much you missed.

If I could have carried part of the load for that grandmother, I would have. Those stupid 30 years old were just standing around. When I become a grandmother, I'm going to spoil the kids like crazy but I'm not going to be their pack mule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Love the FOTLK pictures!!!! You got some really great shots!! My camera doesn't do very well in a theater setting. Then again I'm still learning new things on it every day and I've had for over 6 months now... Hopefully I will get it figured out in time for our next trip.

Sorry about the rude people that sat in front of you during the show.We had something very similar happen at The Finding Nemo Musical. But it was the people behind us being very loud and rude.

That so great that Hunter was picked to be part of the show--very cool!!

I was still learning about the camera settings when we went to Disney. I'm hoping to get better shots this go round.

Most times, I am able to keep my mouth shut but this guy was just super duper obnoxious. Hate those kind of people.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #869
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My life is a hoot. But a good hoot. Nothing mean just lots of fun. Glad your little one is doing well. I had written on like your final TR regarding him. You had so many posts I don't know if you read it or not. But think of you and your family and what a treasure you have.

Ginny
I'll have to go back and look...I'm sorry I finished it soooo fast
it was my first and I didn't realize that I was suppose to drag it out to keep up the fun and chats.

just went back...I did notice you and sent you a thank you and welcome
but, I will say thank you again for lurking and the good wishes...

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 07-16-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #870
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh my! You had some catchin' up to do. I hope the move went smoothly.
Had? I still do! I haven't read anything past page 5 yet!

And yes, I would say that overall it has been smooth.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: