Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #841
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Cute pic of Hunter in the Bug Glasses!!!

Also, I love that last pic of the Tree you posted. Beautiful!

Looking forward to more...

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #842
hvandiver
Earning My Ears

Hey MickeysToonTown!

Heather from Shreveport again. My oldest (12 yrs old) was an extra in Front of the Class, a story about a mom's persistence in getting her child with Tourette's syndrome public education. It was filmed at several schools, but my kiddo's part was filmed at Creswell Elementary, if I remember correctly. Patricia Heaton was the mom in the film. My friends' daughter was also in the movie, and was a "featured" extra in a couple scenes.

Yes, gettin a bit excited about the upcoming trip. My boys start school 2 days after we return home, so I have to dig out their school supplies lists and go shopping before WDW-- at least, while school shopping, I can envision a fun WDW trip before classes actually start!

TOO funny about Hunter and "lickabus" giraffes!

How cool that we live so close to each other!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #843
cheshireqt
DIS Veteran

"The real decision maker was when somebody broke into our room and stole all kinds of stuff from us while we were at the pool (for 30 minutes)......stuff like my wedding ring, the ring my daddy gave me when I turned 16 and my sister's credit cards! You can't convince me that it wasn't an employee(s) who had been watching and waiting for us to leave the room for even a minute of time."

I got behind and am working diligently to get caught up...but had to comment on this. How horrible! That just brings a tear to my eye to think about the sentimental value of those rings. Thieves just make me so

AKL 8/2006, POFQ 9/2007, Universal-RPR 2/2009, :CBR 8/2009-4 generation GRANDGATHERING, Universal-HRH 8/2011
Old 07-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #844
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

great update!! never been to AK before but im looking forward to seeing that show!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #845
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa, great mini-update!

We've never seen ITTBAB either. Will used to be afraid of Philharmagic (but wasn't last trip), so I guess I figured he'd be afraid. And Christian was 2 last trip. So maybe this trip...although I guess I can admit that I'm a little scared too. I DON'T LIKE BUGS...well, most of them. I like Flik.

I'll be gone by the time you get your next update up, but will be back sometime next week. Hopefully I won't have 20 pages to catch up on...but I will if I do!

Good luck getting all that work done.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #846
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Lisa: hope the trial goes well! We'll be patient and wait on the next post. (can't wait!! )

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 07-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #847
Cameo818
Mouseketeer

Good luck with the trial! I'm in HR, so I've had to collect quite a bit of paperwork and evidence for the company lawyers before. Like I try to train all my managers...the first three rules of HR are document, document, document. If it's not in writing, it didn't happen.

Loved "lickabus" and how it's integrated itself into your family's vocabulary.

Looking forward to the next update!

DLR trips - '93, '94, '95 (14 trips), '97 (3 trips), '98 (honeymoon), '10 (PPH), '12 (PPH), '13 (PPH), '14 (PPH)
WDW trips - '92 with parents & sister (Dixie Landings), '96 with extended family (offsite - there were 18 of us!), & 2000 with DH (Port Orleans), '14 half day in Epcot due to Conference (offsite)
Disney Cruise Line - hoping sometime in 2016?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #848
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Excellent mini-update. The kids liked Bug also. It was cute. I enjoyed the walk getting to it the most. None of us can find the pictures we took of all the animals there but they were fantastic.

The big B-day is Friday and I have tried guessing several things that might happen. So Monday night I dreamed Don was taking me to Vegas and I told him I had to get my done. Well, I didn't get it done so we didn't go. I guess it was because before I went to bed I was listening to my Ipod and the song by Matthe Wilder "break my stride" was on. The first part of the song is: Last night I had the stangest dream. I sailed away to China on a little row boat to find ya. And you said you had to get your laundry clean.
So after I told him that and he said I guess you know what it means and I said yes I better do laundry. We had a good laugh.

So Tuesday night I dreamed he took me on a cruise. We left Friday after work and came home on Sunday night. When I told him last night at dinner (we are all out to Pizza Inn buffet) Sheri hooted and Don said yes get your candle ready. I'm renting a jet ski and we are going to Table Rock Lake. Then everyone thought that was hilarious. Except me of course.

I didn't dream anything last night. I would say it is a good thing. Wouldn't you?
Ginny
Love the dreams but it sounds like your dreams and my dreams are the same......just meaningless dreams. Any more clues on your birthday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I've only seen ITTBAB in Disneyland. I loved it, but I'm afraid it would freak my kids out. My DS7 is freaked out by Philharmagic We may just try it next trip.
Umm, if he's freaked out on Philharmagic, then I'd be worried about It's Tough To Be A Bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthemoon4mickey View Post
I love ITTBAB but both my kids and my DH Hate it! DS3 is scared of it. DD10 doesn't like 4-D shows and DH hates it because the first and only time we saw it the bumpy things in the back of the seat hit a muscle in his back and he had this really weird muscle spasm for a few hours because of it.

I on the other hand may have to go see it by myself this trip...I just love that song about "We're pollinators"! So cute! Too bad your there the week before we get there...I'd meet you for a showing of ITTBAB!
I'd totally meet you for the show. If only we were there at the same time.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #849
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
We've never seen It's Tough to be a Bug. I guess I just assumed the boys wouldn't like it because it's loud,scary and stinky. They had a hard time warming up to all the 3D shows last year but loved them this year. We may give it a try on our next trip.

Love all the extra Tree of Life pics you found!!!
I'm pretty lucky with my kids....they've never really been afraid of too many things with the exception of Hunter not liking Splash Mountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Cute pic of Hunter in the Bug Glasses!!!

Also, I love that last pic of the Tree you posted. Beautiful!

Looking forward to more...
I always forget how cool/neat/awesome the Tree of Life is until I see it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvandiver View Post
Hey MickeysToonTown!

Heather from Shreveport again. My oldest (12 yrs old) was an extra in Front of the Class, a story about a mom's persistence in getting her child with Tourette's syndrome public education. It was filmed at several schools, but my kiddo's part was filmed at Creswell Elementary, if I remember correctly. Patricia Heaton was the mom in the film. My friends' daughter was also in the movie, and was a "featured" extra in a couple scenes.

Yes, gettin a bit excited about the upcoming trip. My boys start school 2 days after we return home, so I have to dig out their school supplies lists and go shopping before WDW-- at least, while school shopping, I can envision a fun WDW trip before classes actually start!

TOO funny about Hunter and "lickabus" giraffes!

How cool that we live so close to each other!
Now, I am going to have to watch for the movie. Sounds like something that would be on Lifetime or Hallmark channel. Cool story!

Hunter starts school the day after we get back from WDW.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #850
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshireqt View Post
"The real decision maker was when somebody broke into our room and stole all kinds of stuff from us while we were at the pool (for 30 minutes)......stuff like my wedding ring, the ring my daddy gave me when I turned 16 and my sister's credit cards! You can't convince me that it wasn't an employee(s) who had been watching and waiting for us to leave the room for even a minute of time."

I got behind and am working diligently to get caught up...but had to comment on this. How horrible! That just brings a tear to my eye to think about the sentimental value of those rings. Thieves just make me so

It was a sad day indeed! The Sheriff's Department said that it was obvious that it was an "inside job" because we were only gone for about 30 minutes and somebody had to have been watching us. In just 16 hours, my sister's credit card had over $800.00 worth of charges on it and it had gone from middle Florida to the top of Florida and back. Thankfully, she didn't have to pay any of the charges since she had a police report. My homeowner's insurance gave us $1,000.00 but it couldn't replace the things that were taken.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #851
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
great update!! never been to AK before but im looking forward to seeing that show!
I should be getting another update (even if it's short) up today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Hey Lisa, great mini-update!

We've never seen ITTBAB either. Will used to be afraid of Philharmagic (but wasn't last trip), so I guess I figured he'd be afraid. And Christian was 2 last trip. So maybe this trip...although I guess I can admit that I'm a little scared too. I DON'T LIKE BUGS...well, most of them. I like Flik.

I'll be gone by the time you get your next update up, but will be back sometime next week. Hopefully I won't have 20 pages to catch up on...but I will if I do!

Good luck getting all that work done.
I'll be here when you get back! Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Lisa: hope the trial goes well! We'll be patient and wait on the next post. (can't wait!! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo818 View Post
Good luck with the trial! I'm in HR, so I've had to collect quite a bit of paperwork and evidence for the company lawyers before. Like I try to train all my managers...the first three rules of HR are document, document, document. If it's not in writing, it didn't happen.

Loved "lickabus" and how it's integrated itself into your family's vocabulary.

Looking forward to the next update!

Thanks you two! We found out late yesterday that the trial had been continued. Gosh, I wish we had known before we did all that prep work. But, the courthouse hasn't had air conditioning for four days now. Our high temp today is supposed to be 99 degrees with a head index of 108. The courtrooms are on the top floor (4th) and there's just no way that anybody could stand being locked up in a courtroom all day long.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #852
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okey dokey! I'm going to try to straighten up my desk a bit today and get the conference table all neat and tidy again. There are stacks of paper everywhere. When we found out that the trial had been continued, we just left everything where it was.

Before I do all that, let me see if I can get photobucket working (wasn't just a little while ago) and post another update.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:12 AM   #853
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the dreams but it sounds like your dreams and my dreams are the same......just meaningless dreams. Any more clues on your birthday?
I have no news but my laundry is done, my dishes are done and my legs are shaved so I'm ready for anything. Bring it on.

Have a good day. At least you can breathe today and be semi-normal.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #854
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have no news but my laundry is done, my dishes are done and my legs are shaved so I'm ready for anything. Bring it on.

Have a good day. At least you can breathe today and be semi-normal.
Ginny, you are too funny! I was working on an update when I got an internet error report so I copied what I had written real quick. I'm about to see if it saved before the internet went down.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:36 AM   #855
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
You made me laugh! LOL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: