Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #826
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
To this day, Hunter still calls a giraffe a "licka bus".
thats funny
Old 07-14-2009, 02:44 PM   #827
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When Hunter was 3, we were on Kilimanjaro Safari and the truck driver had to stop because several giraffes were approaching the vehicle. A giraffe walked right over to us (Hunter was sitting on his daddy's lap), stuck his nose in, sniffed Hunter and John and then licked the top of the truck. Hunter yelled, "It licked the bus!". Everyone on the truck, including the driver, thought that was the funniest thing ever. To this day, Hunter still calls a giraffe a "licka bus".
What a cute story. Isn't it amazing what little ones can come up with?

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #828
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Work is driving me nuts today! We have a two day custody trial coming up and we've been working on nothing but that one case. Ugh! I'll try to get another update this evening. If I can't, it'll be Thursday morning.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #829
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

So I go pseudo-MIA on the DIS so I could deal with moving halfway across the country and now I'm 50+ pages behind on this trip report.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #830
disneychickforever
Queen of Disney Elephants

hey, just subscribing, love the TR so far!
A few offsite stays to which dates can't be remembered
Summer 1994-All Star Sports *Summer 1995-All Star Sports*Summer 1996-All Star Music*Summer 1997- All Star Music*May 2000-Day trip to Epcot*Summer 2001-POFQ
November 2005-All Star Music (I was in the Candlelight Processional)*November 16-19 2006-All Star Music (Happy 18th Birthday To Me)
August 10-13 2007 - Pop Century (for Fall 07 CP check in, had to leave early)*September 26-28 2008-Gaylord Palms (offsite) (closing of PI)
March 7th 2009-Day trip to DHS*Fall 2009 Merch CP August 19th 2009-January 8th 2010
Old 07-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #831
dd50
DIS Veteran

Wow, just got caught up. Loved the pics of the animals. Glad John didn't get wet because you had this poncho.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:00 PM   #832
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

Wow! I leave for a wedding for one week and I have almost 20 pages to catch up on!

Great TR updates and I love the ghosties! We love that trail in AK. It's like being in a VIP section of the park.
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
Old 07-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #834
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where'sPiglet? View Post
So I go pseudo-MIA on the DIS so I could deal with moving halfway across the country and now I'm 50+ pages behind on this trip report.
Oh my! You had some catchin' up to do. I hope the move went smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychickforever View Post
hey, just subscribing, love the TR so far!
Hey, welcome to my trip report.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #835
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
Wow, just got caught up. Loved the pics of the animals. Glad John didn't get wet because you had this poncho.
Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. I don't know why John was so worried about his "missing" poncho. The man absolutely HATES wearing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthemoon4mickey View Post
Wow! I leave for a wedding for one week and I have almost 20 pages to catch up on!

Great TR updates and I love the ghosties! We love that trail in AK. It's like being in a VIP section of the park.
Welcome back! The ghost are still moving around in the office. Little things still go missing and the bathroom door was locked this morning when I came in.

Aren't the Tree of Life trails wonderful. I love exploring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
lick-a-bus

great updates. What I could read. For some reason I can't see your pictures today, which also just happened on another TR. Wierd. I'll have to go back and relook!
The licka bus is something that everybody on my side of the family says. It's like a running joke. Well, not joke, just everybody says it.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #836
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm going to try to get a quick installment up before the bossman comes in. This upcoming custody trial is a huge one and we've got a lot of preparing to do.

Let's see, we had purchased the walking cane for my brother-in-law. Oh, I remember, we were off to show John our "hidden" trail.

I've already told you that John is not blown away by the Animal Kingdom so he wasn't as excited as Hunter and I were by the trail. Here's the first picture I took. Look how excited John was.

I told him that the picture turned out crappy and he needed to smile. Here's the second picture I took.

Now, I don't remember if I posted these three pictures in the other post or if these were taken when all three of us were walking around the tree. Oh well, here they are:

After walking the trail, we decided to head into It's Tough To Be A Bug because the wait was only 10 minutes. I don't know about you guys but I actually kind of like the wait for It's Tough To Be A Bug because you get to see all of the different animal carvings. But, this time, there were castmembers shooing us on in. I didn't even get to take pictures of the monkey carving.

A few pictures I took while waiting for the show to begin. Hunter took one of John and I but I guess it's amongst those that were lost.

It's Tough To Be A Bug is loud. It's stinky. It's scary. It's absolutely wonderful! Hunter has always liked It's Tough To Be A Bug even when he was just 2 years old. Maybe it's because he likes the movie, Bug's Life. Anyway, he's never been scared of it and I'm glad because we really like the show.

Once the show was over, we allowed a lot of the crowds to go ahead of us so we could linger a little while. We found a nice stop and figured out where to go next. Since the Festival of the Lion King show was supposed to start soon, we decided to go over to Camp Minnie Mickey.

Sorry, it's out of order but I just found another Tree of Life picture on photobucket.

***Well phooey! Either the boss just walked in or the ghosts have decided to ring the bells on the door. I'll try to get back later.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #837
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Excellent mini-update. The kids liked Bug also. It was cute. I enjoyed the walk getting to it the most. None of us can find the pictures we took of all the animals there but they were fantastic.

The big B-day is Friday and I have tried guessing several things that might happen. So Monday night I dreamed Don was taking me to Vegas and I told him I had to get my done. Well, I didn't get it done so we didn't go. I guess it was because before I went to bed I was listening to my Ipod and the song by Matthe Wilder "break my stride" was on. The first part of the song is: Last night I had the stangest dream. I sailed away to China on a little row boat to find ya. And you said you had to get your laundry clean.
So after I told him that and he said I guess you know what it means and I said yes I better do laundry. We had a good laugh.

So Tuesday night I dreamed he took me on a cruise. We left Friday after work and came home on Sunday night. When I told him last night at dinner (we are all out to Pizza Inn buffet) Sheri hooted and Don said yes get your candle ready. I'm renting a jet ski and we are going to Table Rock Lake. Then everyone thought that was hilarious. Except me of course.

I didn't dream anything last night. I would say it is a good thing. Wouldn't you?
Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #838
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I've only seen ITTBAB in Disneyland. I loved it, but I'm afraid it would freak my kids out. My DS7 is freaked out by Philharmagic We may just try it next trip.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #839
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

I love ITTBAB but both my kids and my DH Hate it! DS3 is scared of it. DD10 doesn't like 4-D shows and DH hates it because the first and only time we saw it the bumpy things in the back of the seat hit a muscle in his back and he had this really weird muscle spasm for a few hours because of it.

I on the other hand may have to go see it by myself this trip...I just love that song about "We're pollinators"! So cute! Too bad your there the week before we get there...I'd meet you for a showing of ITTBAB!
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
Old 07-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #840
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

We've never seen It's Tough to be a Bug. I guess I just assumed the boys wouldn't like it because it's loud,scary and stinky. They had a hard time warming up to all the 3D shows last year but loved them this year. We may give it a try on our next trip.

Love all the extra Tree of Life pics you found!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: