Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #811
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
We have been there before. Many years ago. I used to get allergy shots every day and before I learned to give them to myself I had to find a dr. that could do it on vacation. There was a real nice office I used to go to everyday. They only charged me $5.00 since I had the medicine. Back in the 80's that was a lot of money to pay every day so I came home and learned how to do it. Back to Old Town. There were lots of fun places to shop and see how other area junk places compared to ours.
When we first started staying near Old Town in 1998, it was a nice place to stay but now I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-13-2009, 01:14 PM   #812
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

More great animal pictures! I love the one with the Lion. He is actually awake
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #813
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I have hijacked your pictures once again. I am so glad to see good pictures of the animals. I am pretending I am right there and remembering just what they looked like. I do have a good imagination.

I am thankful for you John did not get wet on his journey over as your name would have been mud for sure for taking his poncho.

Thanks once again.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-13-2009, 02:08 PM   #814
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
More great animal pictures! I love the one with the Lion. He is actually awake
I know, he's usually asleep. I always envy the people who get pictures of the lion up and walking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I have hijacked your pictures once again. I am so glad to see good pictures of the animals. I am pretending I am right there and remembering just what they looked like. I do have a good imagination.

I am thankful for you John did not get wet on his journey over as your name would have been mud for sure for taking his poncho.

Thanks once again.
You are more than welcome to hijack my pictures. John didn't get wet thankfully. It does rain later on in the day but not enough that he'd put on his poncho. He hates them!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #815
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

another great update! love the animal pictures!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #816
hvandiver
Earning My Ears

Hello from Shreveport!!

First of all, you're giving me just the right pre-Disney fix--we go Aug 1-9, and just got off the phone with Kids Nite Out for some parent time (sans kids) for 3 of our nights while we're there. I've not been able to plan for WDW for the past 5 weeks (had my nephew here with us this summer, and we've been going going going), and have a few more things to do to be ready to go. In the meantime, I'm LOVING following your tr, and hope you have a blast when you return a few days after us to "The World".

Second, I live in Shreveport, and have yet to see a star. We did have plans for Bernie Mack to come work out at our gym (we own a couple fitness gyms), but he didn't make it to the gym, and he died not too long afterwards. There's been a LOT of movies filmed in Shreveport and the surrounding areas. My oldest son, 12 yrs old, was an extra in a Hallmark movie last year--not so fun sitting in a high school gym waiting for my kid to do his bit--and we parents were there about 9 hours. I'm just HIGHLY thankful that I was able to find someone to watch my 3 yr old so I didn't have to chase him for those 9 hrs!

Anyway, I agree about The Boardwalk--it's really nice. It's the only "mall" we visit here. Hope you had fun while you were in Shreveport.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #817
BTDTGB
Future Mayor of Main Street

Just finished reading your trip report and I am really enjoying it. My DD and I are going in January and I wish I would have kept it a surprise. It would have hard since her mom won't be coming, she is going with her friends in September with free dining. I really like the idea of the living souvenir, a.k.a plants, my DD is 15 and I am thinking two plants would be a great way of remember the plants, especially if they live for several years. It would be nice for her to go to college and have the plants to remind us of the trip. Thanks for the great idea.

Disney: POP 2013, POP 2012, POP 2011, ASSp 2009, ASMu 2008, POP 2007, ASMo 2006, Polynesian 1980, Fort Wilderness 1978, Off-site '01, '99, '86, '83

Universal Studios: Off-site 2013, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #818
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

More great Safari pictures!!! You got some really good close-up shots again!!! We have never seen an elephant on the safari ride close enough so I could get a good picture. But, I'm hoping to in August. Can't wait for more.....

Old 07-13-2009, 11:52 PM   #819
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Great update!!! We stayed in a townhouse (the townhouse was nice but the neighborhood was a little to be desired at 11pm at night--when we were returning from Walmart) in the beginning of our last trip. We had to pass Olde Towne it just looks like a ghost town compared to all the hotels/motels they used to have. We had almost booked at Olde Towne Suites, so glad we did not. The dive we stayed in 2001 was not even there anymore...Gwendolyn said the roaches and spiders probably carried it away

Great update! your pics of the safari were great!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #820
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
another great update! love the animal pictures!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvandiver View Post
First of all, you're giving me just the right pre-Disney fix--we go Aug 1-9, and just got off the phone with Kids Nite Out for some parent time (sans kids) for 3 of our nights while we're there. I've not been able to plan for WDW for the past 5 weeks (had my nephew here with us this summer, and we've been going going going), and have a few more things to do to be ready to go. In the meantime, I'm LOVING following your tr, and hope you have a blast when you return a few days after us to "The World".

Second, I live in Shreveport, and have yet to see a star. We did have plans for Bernie Mack to come work out at our gym (we own a couple fitness gyms), but he didn't make it to the gym, and he died not too long afterwards. There's been a LOT of movies filmed in Shreveport and the surrounding areas. My oldest son, 12 yrs old, was an extra in a Hallmark movie last year--not so fun sitting in a high school gym waiting for my kid to do his bit--and we parents were there about 9 hours. I'm just HIGHLY thankful that I was able to find someone to watch my 3 yr old so I didn't have to chase him for those 9 hrs!

Anyway, I agree about The Boardwalk--it's really nice. It's the only "mall" we visit here. Hope you had fun while you were in Shreveport.
Your trip is coming up really soon. I know you are about to burst with excitement.

Isn't it a small world...you livein Shreveport and I live in West Monroe. Just 100 miles apart. In all the trips I've made to Shreveport, I've not seen a star yet. Cool that Bernie Mack was supposed to come to your gym.

Which movie was your son an extra in?

Old 07-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #821
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDTGB View Post
Just finished reading your trip report and I am really enjoying it. My DD and I are going in January and I wish I would have kept it a surprise. It would have hard since her mom won't be coming, she is going with her friends in September with free dining. I really like the idea of the living souvenir, a.k.a plants, my DD is 15 and I am thinking two plants would be a great way of remember the plants, especially if they live for several years. It would be nice for her to go to college and have the plants to remind us of the trip. Thanks for the great idea.
Wow you've been busy reading. Keeping the trip a surprise was so hard to do. There were many times when I almost blurted it out.

The plant is still growing well. It's a nice touch to be able to see Disney alive and well on my back porch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
More great Safari pictures!!! You got some really good close-up shots again!!! We have never seen an elephant on the safari ride close enough so I could get a good picture. But, I'm hoping to in August. Can't wait for more.....
We've seen elephants on each and every trip. This past time, they had a barrier thing up in some places because there was a new baby amongst the elephants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Great update!!! We stayed in a townhouse (the townhouse was nice but the neighborhood was a little to be desired at 11pm at night--when we were returning from Walmart) in the beginning of our last trip. We had to pass Olde Towne it just looks like a ghost town compared to all the hotels/motels they used to have. We had almost booked at Olde Towne Suites, so glad we did not. The dive we stayed in 2001 was not even there anymore...Gwendolyn said the roaches and spiders probably carried it away

Great update! your pics of the safari were great!
When we first started staying at Days Suites it was a semi-nice place. Nice enough place to sleep and bathe. Now, I wouldn't stay there if they paid me.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #822
retiredkid
Your shots make me want to try again at night
This is gonna be good I can tell

great update and photos. You are lucky to get some of these animal shots. Some of them are very elusive.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:33 PM   #823
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

More great pics! Love the lion, giraffe, & elephants. Lucky to get such good ones.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #824
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredkid View Post
great update and photos. You are lucky to get some of these animal shots. Some of them are very elusive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
More great pics! Love the lion, giraffe, & elephants. Lucky to get such good ones.
Thanks ya'll! We have always seemed to luck out on seeing the animals while on our 2 week safari.

When Hunter was 3, we were on Kilimanjaro Safari and the truck driver had to stop because several giraffes were approaching the vehicle. A giraffe walked right over to us (Hunter was sitting on his daddy's lap), stuck his nose in, sniffed Hunter and John and then licked the top of the truck. Hunter yelled, "It licked the bus!". Everyone on the truck, including the driver, thought that was the funniest thing ever. To this day, Hunter still calls a giraffe a "licka bus".

Old 07-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #825
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Cute story about the giraffe! Next to the elephants, they've always been my favorite...

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: