Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #661
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I love all of your animal shots The safari is our favorite thing in AK. It's never the same ride twice
We try to do the safari twice in one day if at all possible. This trip, we were able to do it twice so I'll have more pictures to post a little later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
OH that is so creepy. You need to keep your camera with you all the time so you can catch that stuff. Like take a pic of the office when you leave in the evening and then get one in the morning when you come back in.

Your safari pix are great . I played with the settings on my camera this past weekend and found some settings I didn't know it had. I will be a good photographer one day.
That's exactly what John told me. I came in this a.m. and took a picture of the book on the floor. I hope to get those posted tomorrow. I've been really thinking about the falling book. There is no way that it could fall straight out and there's no way it didn't fall over and then fall because my Disney snowglobes are right beside it and they would have been knocked around.

You and I sound alike....I found a few settings on my camera this weekend too. Maybe if I read the book I might know a few more things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Wow...I go a way for a long weekend and I'm 6 pages behind! I'm all caught up now!

Great updates! I was on the lookout for a wallet at WoD too....didn't find one I wanted, but I did later in the trip.

We've never been in the Virgin Megastore, but DH is afraid of heights so I can't see him wanting to try. Sorry you were so affected by it.

I love the spitting at the fishies story! Too cute that you thought you were busted! LOL!

I'm sure there was more I wanted to comment on, but for now I'll just be happy to be caught up! The ghost stories are getting better and better...keep them coming!
At least you're all caught up again. I never did find a wallet that I liked. All of the ones that I saw were a lightweight fabric and didn't have a place for a checkbook (which I hardly ever use but want a place for it just in case). I'll be looking again this year.

I have been in the Virgin Megastore many many times but never encountered the glass floor. I don't know why I felt so overwhelmed this go round.

I did think we were busted for spitting in the water and was relieved when she only wanted to take our picture.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #662
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great AK pics!

I'm trying to stay all caught up here, but you know my life is pretty hectic right now - moving day is Saturday! The good news - I am going to Disney in 4 months from today!!!

Hey, you aren't going to CBR in August are you???!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 AM   #663
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi! I'm just joining in here! Found your trip report and spent yesterday and today catching up! Love it!! Can't wait to read more. We too are CBR lovers! We stay there all the time. DH and I stayed at POP one year, it was the only way we could afford to go, and we did not like it at all. Especially the bus stop! But we were in Disney so we tried not to complain too much! Enjoy your next trip! We won't be going again until 2011. I am currently pregnant, due in January. So we are looking forward to a trip with our new baby in 2011!!! So far away!!!!!
Glad to have you onboard. You know it's funny how many people complain about the CBR having too many bus stops and then people complain about Pop having a long line at the one bus stop. But, then, you have people who love the CBR because they have lots of bus stops and they love Pop because it has just one bus stop. Thank goodness Disney has a resort for everyone!

Congrats on the pregnancy! Our first trip to Disney World was when our son was just 1 and our daughter was 11. We were hooked and have been going back at least once a year every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We do the spit thing too! Thats so funny. I thought that was just my secret! LOL!

We are so much alike!
My DH is a family of 5 boys and 1 girl too, and I was one of 3 daughters as well. I learned alot when I had my son. LOL! Then DH has taught me alot about what it was like with alot of boys in the family. Totally different. I feel bad for his sister.
Hey! You know about the spitting thing too! It works doesn't it!

I wasn't girly when I grew up but we had a lot of girls in my household so we knew nothing about raising boys. Thank goodness John had a bunch of boys in his family or I wouldn't have had a clue what to do with a boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Me too!
I think they could have tasted like cardboard and I would have still bought them 'cause they were Mickeys.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #664
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Great AK pics!

I'm trying to stay all caught up here, but you know my life is pretty hectic right now - moving day is Saturday! The good news - I am going to Disney in 4 months from today!!!

Hey, you aren't going to CBR in August are you???!!!
Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. I'm glad you like my report well enough to take time away from preparing for moving day.

Do you have some Mickey heads to make a countdown calendar? If you don't, let me know 'cause I have a lot left over from making our's.

How did you know I was going to stay at the CBR?

Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #665
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Whew! I didn't get on this weekend or Monday, and I was like four pages behind. I'm all caught up now...

Loved the picture of your salad at Rainforest. What kind of salad was that? When I ordered the "grilled chicken salad" at AK RF back in 2006, all I got was a huge bowl of lettuce and "baked" chicken. It was dry as a bone and about as tasteless. Your salad looked great!

Loved your AK pictures too. You did get some really great animal shots. My favorite is the lion on the rock. And YAY for getting to see the elephants (my favorite). They are always behind the rock when I go...

The pic of you and Hunter together was so cute. I'm sure it was nice just having some Mom/Son time together...

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #666
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

Do you have some Mickey heads to make a countdown calendar? If you don't, let me know 'cause I have a lot left over from making our's.
I probably do, but who knows where. Everything is in a box somewhere! If I end up needing some I'll let you know. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

How did you know I was going to stay at the CBR?
Hmm. . . I think I heard that somewhere. . . not sure where. . .
Old 07-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #667
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've only got a minute but I thought I'd post a picture of our Countdown Calendar. For some reason, the picture turned out kind of dark. Hunter had just run from his Mamaw's house to our house and it was raining out. Thus, his "wet look".

And a close up:

Old 07-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #668
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I love your Countdown Calendar. So cute! How could you not get excited having that around?

Oh, and I wanted you to know, those ghost stories are really starting to get creepy. The fact that the very same book was out AGAIN on the floor is a bit much! They are certainly trying to tell you something...

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 07-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #669
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Love the countdown. I didn't get to do one and I was bummed. By golly next time I go everyone is going to know it. I don't know that I could do a secret trip anymore. I love to talk about it. I know the girl that works for me at the office got sick of hearing about it. I got my photopass pics so now she can look at more pictures. I bet she is thrilled. I am waiting for gorillas.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-07-2009, 01:14 PM   #670
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Whew! I didn't get on this weekend or Monday, and I was like four pages behind. I'm all caught up now...

Loved the picture of your salad at Rainforest. What kind of salad was that? When I ordered the "grilled chicken salad" at AK RF back in 2006, all I got was a huge bowl of lettuce and "baked" chicken. It was dry as a bone and about as tasteless. Your salad looked great!

Loved your AK pictures too. You did get some really great animal shots. My favorite is the lion on the rock. And YAY for getting to see the elephants (my favorite). They are always behind the rock when I go...

The pic of you and Hunter together was so cute. I'm sure it was nice just having some Mom/Son time together...
It was a cobb salad but I don't like blue cheese so I asked that they leave it off. It was tossed in some kind of yummy dressing. I could eat salads for breakfast. John will get mad at me sometimes and say I should eat something besides salads.

In all of the times we have done the safari, this is the first time I have ever gotten a good shot of the lion. I was pleased with myself.

I hardly ever wear a hat or ballcap because they make me hot. But, that morning my hair was doing all sorts of twirly things and it looked like rain so I figured I better put on a hat. It was actually quite fun to spend some time with just Hunter. We did a lot of exploring before John came to the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I probably do, but who knows where. Everything is in a box somewhere! If I end up needing some I'll let you know. Thanks!

Hmm. . . I think I heard that somewhere. . . not sure where. . .
Just let me know if you need some Mickey heads. Did you know I changed resorts?

Quote:
I love your Countdown Calendar. So cute! How could you not get excited having that around?

Oh, and I wanted you to know, those ghost stories are really starting to get creepy. The fact that the very same book was out AGAIN on the floor is a bit much! They are certainly trying to tell you something...
In all of the years that we have been going to Disney, I have never done a countdown calendar. We would count up the days but never made a calendar.

It looks like the whole broohaha that is going on with all co-owners of the other building just might settle. I am hoping that means the ghost won't feel the need to pull that same book out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Love the countdown. I didn't get to do one and I was bummed. By golly next time I go everyone is going to know it. I don't know that I could do a secret trip anymore. I love to talk about it. I know the girl that works for me at the office got sick of hearing about it. I got my photopass pics so now she can look at more pictures. I bet she is thrilled. I am waiting for gorillas.
Thanks for the compliment on the calendar. It didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to but it's okay. You can tell the numbers that John and Hunter put on because they are all lopsided. If I had know they weren't putting them on straight, I would have put mine on crooked too.

Oh, I don't think I could keep an entire trip a secret again. Thank goodness I only had a short period of time to keep the secret. We ARE keeping it a secret from Lacey and Hunter that we switched resorts. Hunter has stayed at the CBR all three times. Lacey has only stayed at the CBR once. Every other time we went to Disney, we stayed offsite. Hunter is going to be more excited than Lacey about the switch. Lacey could really care less so long as she gets to go this year.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #671
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I don't think I could keep an entire trip a secret again. Thank goodness I only had a short period of time to keep the secret. We ARE keeping it a secret from Lacey and Hunter that we switched resorts. Hunter has stayed at the CBR all three times. Lacey has only stayed at the CBR once. Every other time we went to Disney, we stayed offsite. Hunter is going to be more excited than Lacey about the switch. Lacey could really care less so long as she gets to go this year.
We had only stayed offsite before and I don't think I can ever do it again. It was wonderful to be right there.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #672
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
We had only stayed offsite before and I don't think I can ever do it again. It was wonderful to be right there.
For years and years, we stayed offsite and we had a great time because we didn't know any better. Then, in 2006, we stayed onsite and never looked back! I love having Disney drive me around. I love not having to pay for parking. I love the theming of the resorts. I love staying with Disney.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #673
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

LOVE the countdown calendar. Plan on doing one next year. Started on my Mickey Heads this weekend. Danny just had to go to HD on the fourth (that is how we spent our day ).
Old 07-07-2009, 02:09 PM   #674
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
LOVE the countdown calendar. Plan on doing one next year. Started on my Mickey Heads this weekend. Danny just had to go to HD on the fourth (that is how we spent our day ).
Next up on my to-do list is making new lime green Mickey head luggage tags to hang on the backpack. I'm planning on making a very small widow decoration for our room. I am also going to do a scavenger hunt list for all of us to do during the long drive to Disney. Whoever gets things checked off the list will win a prize. I don't know what the prize is yet.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #675
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Jeez louise, slow down. Between working then a holiday getaway at the shore, it's been almost a week and about 10 pages since I last lurked!

Great updates, great pics, great ghost stories, and especially great news about upgrading. I get so excited about our 1st trip to CBR after reading this thread.

My kids are going to go bananas after hearing about the spit trick; they are so crazy that they will probably try to spit anywhere they can to attract any kind of animal--any excuse to get an accidental spit on their sibling!

Loved your calendar; unfortunately we can't do one because as of now our trip is still a secret. Our last 2 trips were secrets too, and they almost found out on the last one. They are getting older and sharper so I don't know if it will last. If it does, we for sure will make a calendar. Where did you get the mickey heads, or did you cut them all out?

How many more days are left?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: