Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #646
MrsSpratt
I've got a Bazooka full of Pixie Dust, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Whoa. Really Creepy. Chills!

(and I love your TR, but the ghost is just ....spooky.)

The "Bueller" Family hits the world, with Auntie Spratt reporting Pixie Dust LIVE!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2215281
Old 07-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #647
retiredkid
Your shots make me want to try again at night
This is gonna be good I can tell

geez, go away for a while and it takes over a week to catch up!
Fabulous stories, ghost and otherwise. And wonderful pictures too.
Can't wait to read more.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #648
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

I was wondering if I was missing the ghost stories...can't wait to see the book...

Love the AK pics! we did not do that walk... RAIN, RAIN, RAIN...Ashton would have loved it! next year!!!
Hunter w/Terk is adorable
Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #649
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Great pics so far! I always take 1000 at AK too. I'm not sure if we've ever seen Terk. Maybe.

I'm looking forward to finding out why it was a bad idea that you put John's poncho in your backpack.

I'm kind of glossing over the ghost story. The whole thing just

creeps

me

OUT.

Though I'm also half intrigued.

We're from the "south" and I've never heard the term "goober" before. Then again, we're from Florida, which really ISN'T considered the south. It's kind of just a place unto its own. But we grew up on the panhandle, which is fondly (or not so much) called "LA" (lower Alabama), so we did grow up with a lot of "south-isms". I spent most of my life in various parts of Florida and am now in north Georgia and have never heard that term. Guess I'm not southern enough. I love "goov", though. It's a good code word.

on for the rest of AK....
Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #650
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
We're from the "south" and I've never heard the term "goober" before. Then again, we're from Florida, which really ISN'T considered the south. It's kind of just a place unto its own. But we grew up on the panhandle, which is fondly (or not so much) called "LA" (lower Alabama), so we did grow up with a lot of "south-isms". I spent most of my life in various parts of Florida and am now in north Georgia and have never heard that term. Guess I'm not southern enough. I love "goov", though. It's a good code word.
I'm from further south than Lisa and I can say that is not a code word I have ever heard; but it is a cute code word. Alot cuter than the things I grew up hearing (not that they were bad--just not as coded).
Old 07-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #651
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Great animal pics. Love them. I absolutely loved the Safari, it's the first thing i'm going for next year. We didn't do the Pangini trail, but will for sure next year too. I love the pic of the Lion draped over the rock, that's really neat looking.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #652
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Spit! who knew! I'm going to have to remember that one
I swear it works every time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Love all the AK pics!! Can't believe I missed your first AK update earlier. Such a cute picture of Hunter with Terk
It was really cute because Terk was waving his hands in the air and the Terk's handler/castmember had the crowd getting into it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #653
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpratt View Post
Whoa. Really Creepy. Chills!

(and I love your TR, but the ghost is just ....spooky.)
Just skip over the ghosties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredkid View Post
geez, go away for a while and it takes over a week to catch up!
Fabulous stories, ghost and otherwise. And wonderful pictures too.
Can't wait to read more.
Glad you're all caught up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I was wondering if I was missing the ghost stories...can't wait to see the book...

Love the AK pics! we did not do that walk... RAIN, RAIN, RAIN...Ashton would have loved it! next year!!!
Hunter w/Terk is adorable
Some of our best trips to Animal Kingdom were in the rain. Not pouring rain but rain showers on and off. We would, literally, skip all around the park.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #654
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Great pics so far! I always take 1000 at AK too. I'm not sure if we've ever seen Terk. Maybe.

I'm looking forward to finding out why it was a bad idea that you put John's poncho in your backpack.

I'm kind of glossing over the ghost story. The whole thing just

creeps

me

OUT.

Though I'm also half intrigued.

on for the rest of AK....
I always take lots of pictures at Animal Kingdom. And, it's not just of animals as you'll see later on in the report. There's just so much stuff to take pictures of.

Feel free to skip over the ghost updates so you won't get too creeped out.

The backpack/poncho story is coming up soon. And, yes, it was a bad move on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I'm from further south than Lisa and I can say that is not a code word I have ever heard; but it is a cute code word. Alot cuter than the things I grew up hearing (not that they were bad--just not as coded).
I grew up in a house of three daughters. There was a story in our local newspaper when I was born about my dad being outnumbered by women in his house. Don't know how that made the paper but it did. So, I didn't hear too many "goov", "goober", etc. words until I got older. John, however, comes from a family of five boys and just one girl. He has all sorts of words I didn't hear coming up in an all girl household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Great animal pics. Love them. I absolutely loved the Safari, it's the first thing i'm going for next year. We didn't do the Pangini trail, but will for sure next year too. I love the pic of the Lion draped over the rock, that's really neat looking.

Just wait until you see my gorilla pictures that are coming up in the next installment. I was absolutely amazed by them.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #655
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I love all of your animal shots The safari is our favorite thing in AK. It's never the same ride twice
Old 07-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #656
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

OH that is so creepy. You need to keep your camera with you all the time so you can catch that stuff. Like take a pic of the office when you leave in the evening and then get one in the morning when you come back in.

Your safari pix are great . I played with the settings on my camera this past weekend and found some settings I didn't know it had. I will be a good photographer one day.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 07-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #657
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Wow...I go a way for a long weekend and I'm 6 pages behind! I'm all caught up now!

Great updates! I was on the lookout for a wallet at WoD too....didn't find one I wanted, but I did later in the trip.

We've never been in the Virgin Megastore, but DH is afraid of heights so I can't see him wanting to try. Sorry you were so affected by it.

I love the spitting at the fishies story! Too cute that you thought you were busted! LOL!

I'm sure there was more I wanted to comment on, but for now I'll just be happy to be caught up! The ghost stories are getting better and better...keep them coming!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #658
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi! I'm just joining in here! Found your trip report and spent yesterday and today catching up! Love it!! Can't wait to read more. We too are CBR lovers! We stay there all the time. DH and I stayed at POP one year, it was the only way we could afford to go, and we did not like it at all. Especially the bus stop! But we were in Disney so we tried not to complain too much! Enjoy your next trip! We won't be going again until 2011. I am currently pregnant, due in January. So we are looking forward to a trip with our new baby in 2011!!! So far away!!!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #659
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

We do the spit thing too! Thats so funny. I thought that was just my secret! LOL!

We are so much alike!
My DH is a family of 5 boys and 1 girl too, and I was one of 3 daughters as well. I learned alot when I had my son. LOL! Then DH has taught me alot about what it was like with alot of boys in the family. Totally different. I feel bad for his sister.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #660
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
About a year ago, Wal-Mart had pizzas shaped like Mickey heads. Did I buy them? Of course I did!

Me too!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: