Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #631
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I just realized that I forgot to share my ghost experiences over the last several days.

I know that everybody knows about the door with the bells that keeps opening by itself. It's near our copy machine. The other day, I was making copies when the door just opened by itself. Hum? Then I realized, the bells didn't ring! And I smelled cigarette smoke! I think I'll name that ghost "Smokey".

Also last week, my boss kept misplacing his pens and his letter openers. He always keeps at least two of his green ink pens on the desk and one letter opener. You know where he found them? In his desk. No big deal you say? The desk was locked!

And, this morning when I came into my office and sat my things down and then I did my morning rituals....turn on copy machine, check the back door ('cause I wanna make sure it's closed), turn on the fax machine, etc. etc. I came back into my office and imagine my surprise when I saw a law book lying on the floor. It was the same exact one that was on the floor last time. It wasn't open, it wasn't turned all ascew, it was lying perfectly on the floor. The shelf it sits on has my snowglobes on it too. They were in the exact same spot as they were when I left Thursday afternoon.

You'll remember that this is the same law book that fell before and it referred to the defamation of an attorney, etc. Well, over the long weekend, several things happened between my boss and the co-owners of the other building. It's just too coincidental to not be creepy!

I left the book on the floor exactly as I found it and I'm bringing my camera to work with me tomorrow so I can take a picture.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #632
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Wow!! The very same law book??? Okay, this is getting really creepy.
BTW--I love your "ghost stories"!!! keep them coming!! Can't wait for the pics!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #633
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

It was strange before but now? Wonder what a picture of a ghost looks like? Anxiously waiting.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #635
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Wow!! The very same law book??? Okay, this is getting really creepy.
BTW--I love your "ghost stories"!!! keep them coming!! Can't wait for the pics!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
It was strange before but now? Wonder what a picture of a ghost looks like? Anxiously waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Great updates...both AKand ghostly! LOL!

Thanks! I have tried my best to capture something in a picture here at the office but nothing so far. I'm not giving up yet.

I hope to get more Animal Kingdom posted. My boss is working on a brief which means no phone calls, no clients, no nothing.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #636
cheshireqt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Will you have lime green Mickey heads on any of your stuff? I will have one on our backpack and I am thinking about putting one in my window.
Yes. DH usually carries the backpack so I need to make sure I brief him properly on Focker signals and things like that. Or maybe it would be more interesting if I didn't? (just kidding).
BTW I have chills reading your latest encounter with 'The Judge'.

AKL 8/2006, POFQ 9/2007, Universal-RPR 2/2009, :CBR 8/2009-4 generation GRANDGATHERING, Universal-HRH 8/2011
Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #637
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

After our impromptu sing and dance along, we walked on over to Kilimajaro Safari which had just a 10 minute wait. I've never seen just a 10 minute wait for the safari so we were super excited. It was beginning to drizzle a little but it didn't stop the animals from being out and about. As a matter of fact, I think we saw more animals this time than ever before.

Here are some pictures we snapped while on our expedition:

Look at the little baby!

When we got off the safari, it was still misting just a little but not enough to put on our ponchos so off we went to explore the Pangani Trail.

Continued in next post.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #639
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

You'll remember that this is the same law book that fell before and it referred to the defamation of an attorney, etc. Well, over the long weekend, several things happened between my boss and the co-owners of the other building. It's just too coincidental to not be creepy!

I left the book on the floor exactly as I found it and I'm bringing my camera to work with me tomorrow so I can take a picture.
OK, now you've got me hooked, it's really creepy!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #640
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

So glad to see some animals. We saw none. It wasn't just misting or just a drizzle. Not even rain. It was monsoon season that day with heavy storms. Most of the rides were down most of the day. So your animal pictures will now become mine and I will pretend I saw each and everyone. Thanks.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #641
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was really surprised that everybody wasn't going straight for the Pangani Trail as we've usually seen them do. I guess everybody was going back to ride Expedition Everest.

Everybody knows that the real stars of the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail are the gorillas but there are a few things to stop and look at along the way.

These fish are really pretty and colorful. I know you're not supposed to feed the animals but does spit count? You see, my Daddy taught me a long time ago, that fish would come to the surface if you'd spit in the water. Not a big ole' spit, just a nice gentle drop of spit. And look how many came a swimmin'!

And a close up:

Right about the time I was taking the pictures of the fish, a castmember came by and asked if we wanted her to take our pictures. She walked up behind us and kind of scared us a bit because we thought we had been caught spitting at the fishies!

After we had our picture taken and our hearts slowed down a bit, we walked into the building that houses the naked mole rats and other creepy crawlies.

I know I took more pictures but this is the only one I could find. My they are ugly!

When we got to the hippo viewing area, we couldn't see much in the filthy water they live in but a castmember did point out some eyes and the tip of a nose waaaay back in the back. Since it was stinky in this section and we couldn't see anything besides fish (and we'd already spit at some), we walked on through to see what else we could find.

Look who we found standing guard:

A close up:

Hunter with the guard in the background:

Next up, the gorillas!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #642
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshireqt View Post
Yes. DH usually carries the backpack so I need to make sure I brief him properly on Focker signals and things like that. Or maybe it would be more interesting if I didn't? (just kidding).
BTW I have chills reading your latest encounter with 'The Judge'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
ok, officially getting creepy! And really fun reading
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
OK, now you've got me hooked, it's really creepy!
My husband and his brother are way more creeped out than I am. I got a really good look at the book and memorized just exactly how it is lying on the floor. So, when I come in the office in the morning, I can see if it's been moved.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #643
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
So glad to see some animals. We saw none. It wasn't just misting or just a drizzle. Not even rain. It was monsoon season that day with heavy storms. Most of the rides were down most of the day. So your animal pictures will now become mine and I will pretend I saw each and everyone. Thanks.

I'm happy to share my animals with you, Ginny. There are more pictures to come.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #645
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Love all the AK pics!! Can't believe I missed your first AK update earlier. Such a cute picture of Hunter with Terk

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: