Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #616
cheshireqt
DIS Veteran

Our trips overlap! I posted today on your new CBR thread with our dates (1-8 Aug). If I see you I will definitely say HI!

AKL 8/2006, POFQ 9/2007, Universal-RPR 2/2009, :CBR 8/2009-4 generation GRANDGATHERING, Universal-HRH 8/2011
Old 07-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #617
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshireqt View Post
Our trips overlap! I posted today on your new CBR thread with our dates (1-8 Aug). If I see you I will definitely say HI!
Will you have lime green Mickey heads on any of your stuff? I will have one on our backpack and I am thinking about putting one in my window.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #618
hhockman
DIS Veteran

What a nice day "off". I hope you find your Rainforest pics.

I can totally relate to the "afraid of heights" thing. It's funny. For me it seems to be getting worse the older I get. I remember being on the Empire State Building in high school and not liking the view down but nothing else bothered me that much. Now I find myself afraid a lot more often. Usually it's when I picture myself falling from said "height". I've been in the Virgin Megastore before and it never bothered me. Probably because I couldn't really see myself falling through the floor. I guess it's not really the height as much as I'm afraid of falling.

about the word "goov". How did that word come about?

I didn't know about the Gheradelli samples either, but I will totally be taking advantage on our next trip! One of the mom's on the ball team is from the San Fransisco area and she was talking about the Gheradelli there. I said that it's the ONLY place I will eat a hot fudge sundae. I love chocolate, but I do not like hot fudge for some reason. Too rich, I guess. But one time when we were at Disney my family (this was when I was younger, before getting married I believe) got one to share and I LOVED it. Ahhh chocolate and Disney.

Can't wait for your Animal Kingdom day. I love AK too...though I'm not sure I could even PICK a favorite park.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #619
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

WOO HOO - 2+ hours later and I am caught up!!!

This is by far the funniest TR I have ever read!!!

P.S. - it is the first TR I have ever read, but I don't think anyone can top your chain of events

Join the 2012 MNSSHP Guest List Now!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 12:12 AM   #620
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Lisa

Well we did make it home tonite but it was late and I'm too tired to work on the report. Will get an update tomorrow after work. YCH.
Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #621
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

My mom works for Frozen Food Specialties. She is the head of HR there. I can't remember where all the pizzas go to, but I know they do alot of pizzas for Krogers around here, so maybe thats where it is now? Or maybe your Walmart just doesn't carry them anymore?
I know she just gave us a bunch recently and Claire just finished up the last one right before her surgery.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #622
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
What a nice day "off". I hope you find your Rainforest pics.

I can totally relate to the "afraid of heights" thing. It's funny. For me it seems to be getting worse the older I get. I remember being on the Empire State Building in high school and not liking the view down but nothing else bothered me that much. Now I find myself afraid a lot more often. Usually it's when I picture myself falling from said "height". I've been in the Virgin Megastore before and it never bothered me. Probably because I couldn't really see myself falling through the floor. I guess it's not really the height as much as I'm afraid of falling.

about the word "goov". How did that word come about?

I didn't know about the Gheradelli samples either, but I will totally be taking advantage on our next trip! One of the mom's on the ball team is from the San Fransisco area and she was talking about the Gheradelli there. I said that it's the ONLY place I will eat a hot fudge sundae. I love chocolate, but I do not like hot fudge for some reason. Too rich, I guess. But one time when we were at Disney my family (this was when I was younger, before getting married I believe) got one to share and I LOVED it. Ahhh chocolate and Disney.

Can't wait for your Animal Kingdom day. I love AK too...though I'm not sure I could even PICK a favorite park.
Oh the heights thing has always been there and gets worse every day. I don't even like it when I see somebody near the balcony of a hotel. Oh, it just gives me the tingles all over.

I don't know if it's just a Southern thing or what but most little boys call their you-know-what a "goober". Hunter would get embarassed if we said that so we said how about "goov" and he said yes. I guess he figured nobody would know what we were talking about if we said "goov".

I guess if nobody gets anything out of my trip report but a few laughts and the knowledge that Ghiradelli's gives out free samples, then I have accomplished something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
WOO HOO - 2+ hours later and I am caught up!!!

This is by far the funniest TR I have ever read!!!

P.S. - it is the first TR I have ever read, but I don't think anyone can top your chain of events
Oh my goodness! You did read everything word for word if it took you two hours. But, I feel honored that I could keep you interested for that length of time.

We are a funny bunch of folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Lisa

Well we did make it home tonite but it was late and I'm too tired to work on the report. Will get an update tomorrow after work. YCH.
Ginny
Glad you made it home safely Ginny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My mom works for Frozen Food Specialties. She is the head of HR there. I can't remember where all the pizzas go to, but I know they do alot of pizzas for Krogers around here, so maybe thats where it is now? Or maybe your Walmart just doesn't carry them anymore?
I know she just gave us a bunch recently and Claire just finished up the last one right before her surgery.
I watch for the Mickey pizzas all the time and haven't seen them in quite a while. I may see if Super One has them.

How is Claire feeling?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #623
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was about to start an installment of our Animal Kingdom day when I found a few of my Downtown Disney pictures on Photobucket. Their site has been giving me fits lately.

Here are a couple of Wendy and John flying around the World of Disney Store. The one of Wendy is a little fuzzy:

I have no idea what the heck John was saying to Hunter but apparently he was talking out the side of his mouth:

This is John's appetizer plate as an entree. Everything was really really good:

And a closeup shot of my salad. I don't know why in the world I didn't just give John the camera and ask him to take the picture.

That's all I have found so far. There may be others, there may not me.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #624
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Let's see....when I left off, Hunter had gone swimming and had some boy kick him in the "goov" by accident. Ouch! We hit the bed a little earlier than normal because we knew Animal Kingdom was open at 8:00 a.m. the next morning.

Stitch called and woke me up and it didn't take too much to get Hunter to wake up. John, on the other hand, was a whole different story. Animal Kingdom isn't his favorite park so I don't think he really cared whether or not he got there at rope drop. After about 15 minutes of pinching, poking and pushing, he said "Just leave me here and I'll meet ya'll later." So, I gave him his morning medicine and let him go back to sleep while Hunter and I continued getting ready for the day.

I looked outside before we headed out and it looked like rain so the ponchos went into the backpack even John's (which I realized was a stupid move later in the day). And out the door we went, leaving John snoozing away.

We were on the bus a little before 8:00 a.m. The bus can pretty quickly and next thing we knew we were here:

First thing on our list was Kilimanjaro Safari. But, first, we ran into Terk who saw Hunter's birthday pin and decided everybody in line needed to sing and dance for Hunter's birthday. It was fun!

After we got a little singin' and dancin' out of our system, Terk signed Hunter's hat and posed for a picture.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:05 PM   #625
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was about to start an installment of our Animal Kingdom day when I found a few of my Downtown Disney pictures on Photobucket. Their site has been giving me fits lately.
I loved DTD. We did not get to do as much as we wanted because of .....well, you know...............RAIN!

But I sure enjoyed shopping. Spent a lot. Loved having everything shipped to resort.

Quote:
This is John's appetizer plate as an entree. Everything was really really good:
Quote:
And a closeup shot of my salad. I don't know why in the world I didn't just give John the camera and ask him to take the picture

Yummo food. Making me hungry. It is close to lunch. Would you just bebop on over and get something shipped to me real quick?

It is certainly the Monday after a Holiday in this office. I work for a Psychiatrist. So Holidays and full moons are obnoxious around here.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 07-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #626
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Let's see....when I left off, Hunter had gone swimming and had some boy kick him in the "goov" by accident. Ouch! We hit the bed a little earlier than normal because we knew Animal Kingdom was open at 8:00 a.m. the next morning.
Next time call me and I will come take care of that bad boy.

Quote:
Stitch called and woke me up and it didn't take too much to get Hunter to wake up. John, on the other hand, was a whole different story. Animal Kingdom isn't his favorite park so I don't think he really cared whether or not he got there at rope drop. After about 15 minutes of pinching, poking and pushing, he said "Just leave me here and I'll meet ya'll later." So, I gave him his morning medicine and let him go back to sleep while Hunter and I continued getting ready for the day.

I looked outside before we headed out and it looked like rain so the ponchos went into the backpack even John's (which I realized was a stupid move later in the day). And out the door we went, leaving John snoozing away.
I can see where this is going.

Quote:
We were on the bus a little before 8:00 a.m. The bus can pretty quickly and next thing we knew we were here:

First thing on our list was Kilimanjaro Safari. But, first, we ran into Terk who saw Hunter's birthday pin and decided everybody in line needed to sing and dance for Hunter's birthday. It was fun!

After we got a little singin' and dancin' out of our system, Terk signed Hunter's hat and posed for a picture.

These pics are awesome. Even with our youngest being 10 all of the boys loved the interaction with the characters.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #627
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I loved DTD. We did not get to do as much as we wanted because of .....well, you know...............RAIN!

But I sure enjoyed shopping. Spent a lot. Loved having everything shipped to resort.

Yummo food. Making me hungry. It is close to lunch. Would you just bebop on over and get something shipped to me real quick?

It is certainly the Monday after a Holiday in this office. I work for a Psychiatrist. So Holidays and full moons are obnoxious around here.
Quote:
Next time call me and I will come take care of that bad boy.

I can see where this is going.

These pics are awesome. Even with our youngest being 10 all of the boys loved the interaction with the characters.
In 2007, our Downtown Disney trip was a total flood. It was just awful. We had on our ponchos and we still got wet. Not just our feet and legs, our whole body!

For years and years, we never went to Downtown Disney. But, after that first time, we were hooked. It's a fantastic place to shop even if it's window shopping.

When I was posting the pictures of the food, it was right before lunch and my stomach, literally, growled when I looked at that salad.

I totally understand the Monday after a holiday and the full moon situation. I work for an attorney and we hate holidays. There is so much fussing and fighting around the holidays. Full moons? They are the absolute worse time!

The little boy that accidentally hit Hunter did come up and say he was sorry. I know he didn't mean to but he could have been a little more conscious of his surroundings. He jumped right onto Hunter.

You're probably right on the money with your "I can see where this is going" remark.

My kids absolutely love the characters. And, you already know what John thinks of Pocahontas!

Old 07-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #628
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Great pics! Subbing...of course This is fun! haha
Old 07-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #629
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Great pics! Subbing...of course This is fun! haha
Hey Katie! Thanks for joining. I am in the process of adding my Animal Kingdom day.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #630
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
our Downtown Disney trip was a total flood.
Been there, done that.

Quote:
When I was posting the pictures of the food, it was right before lunch and my stomach, literally, growled when I looked at that salad.
As did mine. I really must go find food now. The deep hunger has set in.

Quote:
You're probably right on the money with your "I can see where this is going" remark.
Yes, because we were not smart. We didn't buy ponchos till Day 4.

Quote:
you already know what John thinks of Pocahontas
As did my men. They looked everywhere for her at AK and as we (all except Don and Mike) were riding EE they found her. No pics but they sure had big smiles on their faces when we got off. I was mad cause they didn't see me when I climbed the top of that mountain and they missed my whole scream all the way down. Everyone else managed to hear it quite well.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: