Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #601
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Well you will be happy to know that Virgin is closed (Gwendolyn & Dayne were hoping it was still going to be an outlet when we went--no luck!) and the rumor is they are turning it in to a "Princess Di" museum hmmmmm!!!

My dad is afraid of heights like that...once when we went to the Royal Gorge in Co we rode a gondola type car that went from one side the gorge to the other he was sitting on the floor in the middle holding his head and eyes closed shut... I recently asked if he wanted to go on the new glass walk way over the Grand Canyon he asked Danny what he had hit me in the head with... LOL!!!

Swimming at night to end the day...that is what I love...sorry to hear Hunter had something happen to him ...ouch...
I heard about the Pincess Di museum too. They have an article about it on the allearsnet website. If I go there, everything will have to be on the bottom floor or I will have to find an elevator.

Tell your dad not to feel bad. When I was in the 6th grade we went to Six Flags Over Texas and back then they had a gondola that went from one side of the park to the other. I got on it but quickly realized I hated it. I sat on the floor and didn't look out anywhere. As far as walking out over the Grand Canyon, absolutely not!

We didn't swim a lot on this trip because we were so busy trying to fit everything into a short period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
Goov.... (Not that he was kicked but...well, you know, GOOV!)
I know. It wasn't funny right that second but was definitely funny later that evening.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #602
cheshireqt
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up and coming out of lurkdom! Love your report and love the laughs. I originally opened your report to see what I could learn about CBR (we are staying there in 27 days) but found so much more Can't wait for Animal Kingdom day, that is my favorite park but shhh don't tell my kids they think just because I get teary eyed when I see the castle for the first time each trip that I love MK best

AKL 8/2006, POFQ 9/2007, Universal-RPR 2/2009, :CBR 8/2009-4 generation GRANDGATHERING, Universal-HRH 8/2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #603
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshireqt View Post
I am all caught up and coming out of lurkdom! Love your report and love the laughs. I originally opened your report to see what I could learn about CBR (we are staying there in 27 days) but found so much more Can't wait for Animal Kingdom day, that is my favorite park but shhh don't tell my kids they think just because I get teary eyed when I see the castle for the first time each trip that I love MK best
First of all, thanks for coming over for a read. It's always nice to have a new member to my crew.

I see you will be at the CBR in August. What are your dates? We will be there August 6th through 15th.

I love the Animal Kingdom as do my kids. John thinks it's just okay.

It's okay, I ALWAYS get teary eyed seeing the castle, watching the fireworks, seeing the parades, etc. etc. etc.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #604
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Great update You got to have a few relaxing days (though not too many) How did I not know you get free samples in Ghiradelli's. That would have been a must do for us!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #605
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=mickeystoontown;32542986]I have a mix of nationalities in my family. Word/rumor is we are related to the Kennedy family although sometimes I don't know if we want to mention that. Actually, I would if they'd throw a little of that Kennedy money our way.

Hope you wild and crazy guys have a good holiday!

Finally got a computer again. I am going to need to buy a laptop card. Wouldn't Don love to pay that bill? I will just have to pretend you are a long lost cousin and then you can come to our reunions. We had 73 at the resort last weekend. Took up all the cabins. What a blast. So amazing that we all get along. If you get any of that money remember your long lost cousin will ya?

We are headed shopping when Tim gets home from golfing and going downtown tonight to the massive 4th display. Will head home early tomorrow and hope to get our first full day in tomorrow night. All of our photo passes have been mailed. We had 212 photopass and 880 personal photos.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 07-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #606
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Great update You got to have a few relaxing days (though not too many) How did I not know you get free samples in Ghiradelli's. That would have been a must do for us!
Oh heck yeah, you've gotta get the free samples at Ghiradelli's. It's always on our list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post

Finally got a computer again. I am going to need to buy a laptop card. Wouldn't Don love to pay that bill? I will just have to pretend you are a long lost cousin and then you can come to our reunions. We had 73 at the resort last weekend. Took up all the cabins. What a blast. So amazing that we all get along. If you get any of that money remember your long lost cousin will ya?

We are headed shopping when Tim gets home from golfing and going downtown tonight to the massive 4th display. Will head home early tomorrow and hope to get our first full day in tomorrow night. All of our photo passes have been mailed. We had 212 photopass and 880 personal photos.

Ginny
If I ever inherit any of the Kennedy money, you'll be at the top of "pass money out to..." list.

We decided to just sit around and do a whole lotta nothin' today. I did do a head-to-toe cleanup of the car. I mean shampooed the seats, armor-all the dash, wipe the windows clean. We are going to see my daughter graduate on July 18th and I don't like to drive a long way in a dirty car. I figured I better do it now since I had the day off. We are taking my 75 year old mother to see Ice Age 3D tonight. She loves to watch Ice Age with Hunter and could hardly wait for the new movie to come out.

Ya'll have a great time and a safe drive back home.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #607
dd50
DIS Veteran

I didn't know about the samples in Ghiradelli's.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #608
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
I didn't know about the samples in Ghiradelli's.
I know they've been doing it for at least three years now. The bars they give away are square and are about 2"x2" maybe. I love Ghiradelli's.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #609
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh my goodness! I was like...6 pages behind! How in the world did that happen? I missed all the POP CBR drama! I love how the story ended though

Isn't it amazing when things just align how they are supposed to?

Impressive shopping action I must say, whew! You definitely needed things shipped to the resort! Great updates, looking forward to AK!
Old 07-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #610
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh my goodness! I was like...6 pages behind! How in the world did that happen? I missed all the POP CBR drama! I love how the story ended though

Isn't it amazing when things just align how they are supposed to?

Impressive shopping action I must say, whew! You definitely needed things shipped to the resort! Great updates, looking forward to AK!
At least you're still with me and are all caught up. I am glad that we were able to upgrade to the CBR but really would have been okay if we had been told we had to just stay at Pop. But, now that I know I am going back to the CBR, I am super excited.

I was on a limited budget this trip because we had already gone on a vacation just a few months before going to WDW. I thought I did a good job keeping in our budget.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #611
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Thanks for timing your walk to Old Port Royale!!We're really considering a moderate next year and I love the looks of CBR (thanks to all your pictures) But I keep reading how spread out the resort is and how far a walk it is to everything. I also didn't know each village has a bus stop. Boy, I need to do some more research!! Thanks for all the info!!

I've never been to Basin in DTD before, but I look at it longingly every time we walk by. I can never convince my guys to walk over there with me. They are always too busy trying to pull us over to the Lego store. I will have to check out Ghiradelli's--I didn't realize they gave out free samples--yum!!

Oh my....I would have been scared in Virgin Megastore also. I do not like heights either. There is a glass elevator at a mall that we go to occasionally and even though the boys love riding in it--I always opt for the escalator or the stairs. A glass floor...

Okay, now I'm looking forward to your Animal Kingdom day!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 10:19 AM   #612
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Thanks for timing your walk to Old Port Royale!!We're really considering a moderate next year and I love the looks of CBR (thanks to all your pictures) But I keep reading how spread out the resort is and how far a walk it is to everything. I also didn't know each village has a bus stop. Boy, I need to do some more research!! Thanks for all the info!!

I've never been to Basin in DTD before, but I look at it longingly every time we walk by. I can never convince my guys to walk over there with me. They are always too busy trying to pull us over to the Lego store. I will have to check out Ghiradelli's--I didn't realize they gave out free samples--yum!!

Oh my....I would have been scared in Virgin Megastore also. I do not like heights either. There is a glass elevator at a mall that we go to occasionally and even though the boys love riding in it--I always opt for the escalator or the stairs. A glass floor...

Okay, now I'm looking forward to your Animal Kingdom day!!!
I read a lot of people complaining about how long the walk to Old Port Royale was from the new pirate rooms or from their building in another village so I just decided to time it and see what the big deal was. As you can see, it really wasn't a big deal.

One of the things that John and I like about the CBR is the fact that it is spread out. The guests are distributed all throughout the resort meaning that the resort doesn't feel crowded at all.

I also like having a bus stop at each village. You never have far to walk to or from your room. Yes, you have to make stops around the resort before heading out to the parks but it really isn't a big deal. When we stayed in the Jamaica village, we got on the bus, sat down and made our way around the resort and then pulled into the Hollywood Studios parking lot all in just 11 minutes. How can anyone complain about 11 minutes?

John and Hunter will go into Basin with me and they don't complain. They are really pretty good shoppers. They usually just wander around the store smelling of stuff while I pick up a few things.

It's amazing how many people didn't know that Ghiradelli's gives out the free samples. We didn't know it the first time we went in several years ago. They gave us all samples and we were instantly hooked. Now, it's one of those places that we have to visit, free samples or not.

I really thought I could handle the escalator at Virgin MegaStore. All I had to do was keep my eyes straight forward and I'd be okay. And I might have been okay if I hadn't gotten to the second floor and all the walls glass, sections of the floor were glass. I just went into sensory overload and couldn't stand it!

I hope to get at least a little of our Animal Kingdom day posted today.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #613
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
About a year ago, Wal-Mart had pizzas shaped like Mickey heads. Did I buy them? Of course I did!

My moms company makes those. Every so often she will bring some to us. They won an award for those from Disney!
Old 07-05-2009, 11:14 AM   #614
pasofan
Mouseketeer

Hooray for your budget upgrade

We are not going back to the world until next year I'm working on DH to go on more frequent trips, he's just such a tightwad at heart Totally at odds with my wanting to go to WDW every chance I get

How long is your drive from LA? We are thinking about driving next year and visit some friends in Gerogia on the way.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #615
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
My moms company makes those. Every so often she will bring some to us. They won an award for those from Disney!
How cool is that?!?! What was the name of the company? I can't remember and how WalMart doesn't carry them anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasofan View Post
Hooray for your budget upgrade

We are not going back to the world until next year I'm working on DH to go on more frequent trips, he's just such a tightwad at heart Totally at odds with my wanting to go to WDW every chance I get

How long is your drive from LA? We are thinking about driving next year and visit some friends in Gerogia on the way.
I had it in my mind that the upgrade had to be less than $500.00 or we weren't going to do it. I was super excited that it was under budget!

We know we are going to Disney World each Summer so I pay on our vacation all year long. That way, it doesn't feel like it costs so much. I love the fact that Disney will let you pay on your vacation a little at a time. Makes it seem like you have a Disney World vacation on layaway.

Our drive from Louisiana to Disney takes between 14 and 16 hours. It all depends on the weather and traffic. Our first drive to Disney was when our son was 1 and our daughter was 11. Needless to say, we stopped quite a bit and let the kids stretch their legs. Even now that they are older (12 and 22), we still like to take breaks while driving. We could probably get there in a little less time but it would make the drive more stressful if everybody is tired and ready to get out of the car.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: