Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #31
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Looove the trip report so far! I think it's so awesome that yall were able to surprise Hunter with the Disney trip!

Andddd, my mama is from Louisiana! Are you a TIGERS fan?
Thanks for comin' over. Like I said, we were really proud of ourselves for being able to keep the secret. Yeah for Mama being from Louisiana. We aren't real big football fans except for when my son plays. But, I do like some LSU tigers!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #32
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Your trip report sounds great so far. I love the surprise reveal especially. Both times we went to WDW with the kids, we surprised them as well. Your family sounds sweet and they are obviously very loved. Can't wait to hear the rest.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #33
jngwright
DIS Veteran

Hey!! Thanks for the link! I sure am along for the ride Are you doing a PTR for your anniversary trip when you finish this one??

The peeing in the bottle is great! The boys had to do that one time, and we had a Lipton Green Tea bottle. There was no garbage can nearby and they were SO afraid their dad would drink it by accident

Can't wait to see your CBR pics!

Jill DH DS (9) DS (9)Offsite '78-'94, POR '95, CSR '99, WL '00(Disneymoon ) Offsite '04, POFQ '06, POP'08,CBR/CSR '09,POR '10, AKV '11 OKW/BWV '11(New DVC owners!!!!) '12 BLT '13 AKV/OKW'14SoG
Old 06-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #34
crocko
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
No, I won't tell you 'cause it would embarass him. Let's just say I am glad we had an empty water bottle in the backseat.
LOL, probably not the first Disney story like that. On our honeymoon, heading on the Disney bus to the airport, there was a kid who had to go really bad. When we finally made it to our stop at the airport, the dad quickly moved to the front of the bus with a clear ziploc bag and let's just say......."yellow liquid contents"
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
Old 06-05-2009, 02:30 PM   #35
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Your trip report sounds great so far. I love the surprise reveal especially. Both times we went to WDW with the kids, we surprised them as well. Your family sounds sweet and they are obviously very loved. Can't wait to hear the rest.
Isn't it hard to keep the secret! I wanted to say something so bad but kept my lips sealed. Thanks for coming along for a read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jngwright View Post
Hey!! Thanks for the link! I sure am along for the ride Are you doing a PTR for your anniversary trip when you finish this one??

The peeing in the bottle is great! The boys had to do that one time, and we had a Lipton Green Tea bottle. There was no garbage can nearby and they were SO afraid their dad would drink it by accident

Can't wait to see your CBR pics!
You're welcome! I am thinking that I probably will do a pre-trip report because I am sure I'll go nuts again after this report is over.

I think I'd have had to keep that green tea bottle close by so Dad wouldn't drink it. EEK! Guys have it soooo easy. Girls/women just have to hold it until the next bathroom stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
LOL, probably not the first Disney story like that. On our honeymoon, heading on the Disney bus to the airport, there was a kid who had to go really bad. When we finally made it to our stop at the airport, the dad quickly moved to the front of the bus with a clear ziploc bag and let's just say......."yellow liquid contents"
Love the ziplock bag story! Glad to have you on board.

Guys have it soooo easy.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #36
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

Hi Lisa,
just followed your link over here and I am so happy i did, you just made me cry with Hunter's reaction, I bet that video is priceless! And have to say I think you are an amazing family, I dont need to tell you but your children are something to be proud of, i dont think i could keep up with your daughter, awesome
I can not wait to read more of your vacation and so glad i got here from the start

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
Old 06-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #37
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz13 View Post
Hi Lisa,
just followed your link over here and I am so happy i did, you just made me cry with Hunter's reaction, I bet that video is priceless! And have to say I think you are an amazing family, I dont need to tell you but your children are something to be proud of, i dont think i could keep up with your daughter, awesome
I can not wait to read more of your vacation and so glad i got here from the start
I am soooo glad that you came over. I, too, cried and laughed at Hunter's response. Thanks for the compliments on my family. I know that every parent thinks their children are the best children in the whole wide world but my kids really are. Seriously, Lacey makes her Dad and I really proud. The things that she does simply amaze me. The things that I listed are just examples. Her heart is just filled with love for everybody. Truly, everybody. (sniff, sniff)

Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #38
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We're on Hwy. 192 headed towards World Drive and Hunter has taken care of his business in the empty (not now!) water bottle. We love Hwy. 192. I know, I know. It has all those bright, gaudy buildings.....the giant wizard, the mermaid swimming out of the building, the huge USA flag, etc. etc. etc. But, to us, it's means we have FINALLY arrived after sooooo many hours on the road (it takes us between 14 and 16 hours of driving, just depends on traffic and the weather).

As I have said two times already, some of my pictures were lost and the one of the Walt Disney World entrance sign is one of them.

We pulled into the Custom House and not, five minutes, after I got in line, a Magical Express bus pulled up. I was very glad that we beat them in line 'cause the bus was full. There were only two other families in front of me and I was called to the window in no time at all. The castmember who helped me was wearing an "earning my ears" button which had me a little concerned. I shouldn't have been worried because she knew what she was doing.

We chit-chatted while she was checking me in and I mentioned that this had been a surprise trip for Hunter. Another castmember heard us talking and asked where Hunter was. Of course, he and his dad (a/k/a best buddy), were watching the cartoons over in the t.v. area. I got their attention and they came over to the window. By this time, there were three castmembers in on the conversation and they all made a point of talking with Hunter and asking him all about the surprise. Hunter is a really good story teller and he had the castmembers and quite a few guests rolling laughing by the time he got to the "I gotta pee!" part. That's my boy!

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I asked the castmember checking us in if we had been placed in a newly refurbished Nemo room (at the time not all of the rooms had been redone) and she said we had. She also had us in a corner room next to the pool. Sweet!

And for those of you who buy tickets from Disney and book the room separately, you can get the tickets added to your room key. Took them just a few minutes to do it. Just make sure you ask before they print the room keys out.

NOW BEFORE I GO ANY FURTHER AND START POSTING PICTURES LET ME TELL YOU THAT THE DATES ON THE PICTURES ARE ALL OUT OF WHACK!

The batteries in the camera died and I replaced them. Me, being all technology challeged, didn't know how to reset the date. I tried, I really did. Just when I got it set, the replacement batteries died. (They were in the backpack and I didn't know that they were still in there from another trip.) When they died later on in the trip, I replaced them again. I tried to reset the date and somehow got the a.m. and p.m. mixed up and well, heck, let me just say, the dates are all screwed up so don't look at the dates.

After Hunter had provided the castmembers with their afternoon entertainment, we were handed our folder of information and were free to go. So, we went. Straight to Martinique Building 24. (This was our third stay at the CBR so we knew just where we were to go.) It was a preferred location which I normally wouldn't have spent the extra money on but that's all they had available when I booked.

We found a parking spot right next to the sidewalk and grabbed a few things out of the car before heading to our room.

Here's our building!

This is our room number:

We slipped in our key and taaaa-daaaa! This is the first thing we saw:

I had already told Hunter and John that all of my Disboard friends wanted to see pictures of the room. They got into it just as much as I did. They would tell me to take a picture from this way, or that way, or pull the curtains, etc. etc. etc.

Here are more pictures of our room:

Now I don't know about you guys but when I am on vacation, we don't really just sit around. We usually just drop our stuff and start doing things....anything. Nobody can ever say that I don't get my money's worth out of a vacation.

We walked down to the food court to get a bite to eat since we just had a drive-through lunch on the drive down.

I know that I took a few more of the food court and some of the food we ate but those vanished. Here's one of Hunter giving me his "serious" face. He was still super giggly because of his surprise and he kept making funny faces and I told him to give me a serious face.

Two of the food court:

***INTERRUPTION***

For some odd reason, John and Hunter just walked into the room and are looking at me and rubbing their tummies. What's up with that? Oh wait! It's time to cook dinner.

So, I guess that means I have to leave the trip report for now. Hopefully, it won't take me long to come back with the next installment.....Our day at Epcot.

Lisa

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-05-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #39
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Ooohhh! they have "nemo" rooms...as I mentioned before we were thinking that CBR would be our next resort...not really interested in the pirate rooms, yet. But, Ashton would love Nemo...love the pics...Hunter sounds like he has a GREEEAT personality...I just love all the color at CBR; can't wait to see more...I hope you have pool pics; although if we go in Dec. would we use the pool???
Old 06-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #40
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Hi there,
Happy you decided to write a trip report . Last fall I enjoyed looking at your CBR pics since we stayed at CBR in October. I like how you were able to pull off the surprise for Hunter . Love your CBR pics, we stayed in Martinque too. Looking forward to more of your report.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:04 PM   #41
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Ooohhh! they have "nemo" rooms...as I mentioned before we were thinking that CBR would be our next resort...not really interested in the pirate rooms, yet. But, Ashton would love Nemo...love the pics...Hunter sounds like he has a GREEEAT personality...I just love all the color at CBR; can't wait to see more...I hope you have pool pics; although if we go in Dec. would we use the pool???

Unfortunately, the only pics I have of the new pool are when it was still under construction. I know that momof2disneyboys has lots of pictures posted over on the CBR thread.

We loved the Nemo rooms. The theme was there but it wasn't overwhelming.

Ashton does have a really good personality. He can come up with some one liners that have me rolling. Now, me, a couple of days later, I'll go "oh I wish I had said such-and-such." I'm not real quick on the uptake.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #42
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Hi there,
Happy you decided to write a trip report . Last fall I enjoyed looking at your CBR pics since we stayed at CBR in October. I like how you were able to pull off the surprise for Hunter . Love your CBR pics, we stayed in Martinque too. Looking forward to more of your report.
I'm glad that decided to head over and join in on my report. I dont' think I could ever tire of looking at CBR pictures or any Disney picture for that matter.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #43
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Love the CBR pics as always!! Wish I was there right now!
Old 06-05-2009, 07:50 PM   #44
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I don't want to take over Lisa's thread with my pics, but I'll give you the link to them! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2074555&page=9

Oh, and we used the pool in January!!
Old 06-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #45
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Love the CBR pics as always!! Wish I was there right now!

Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I don't want to take over Lisa's thread with my pics, but I'll give you the link to them! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2074555&page=9

Oh, and we used the pool in January!!
I'm so glad you posted the link. I told them that you had pictures and they were posted over on the CBR thread.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: