Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2009, 02:32 PM   #301
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Sorry don't know why I pictured a segway instead of a scootern:; you said scooter...when I see one in Wally world or any other store I run the other way as fast as I can...the majority of people on them do not know how to drive them --
and ALL of them act like it's your fault that you are in their way!! "Like don't you see me on this motorized contraption that I can't seem to steer, go forward, or backward"

We are thinking the same w/the pool; it is getting old and it is just too much work. Thinking inground this next go round...w/the car paid in 3 more pmts and both kids getting out of school (unless Dayne changes his mind and continues on after HS) we MAY finally have extra $$$$ to do something with
Old 06-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #302
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wanted to post this separately so it didn't get lost in the mix of my replies.

When I came into my office today there was a lawbook on the floor. I think the ghost moved it there and I'll tell you why I think that.

Let me see if I can describe the whole scenario so it makes sense. There's a lot of details that I've got to tell you in order for the whole thing to make sense. It's creepy!!!!! Read everything!

Backstory:
For years, my boss, a/k/a Atty. #1, owned an office building (not this one) with three other attorneys. Two were on one side of the building and my boss and another guy were on the other side of the building. (it was divided into two suites)

Back in 1998, one of the attorneys, a/k/a disbarred Atty. #2, (the one on our side) got disbarred for bribing a witness in a criminal defense case. He could still ran a loan closing business (with one of the attorneys on the other side) which was okay since that's not done strictly by attorneys.

Because he was an old friend of my boss, he stuck by him and believed him when he said he didn't do anything wrong.

Around Christmas, 2008, one of the other attorneys, a/k/a Atty. #3 (on the other side and who was in the loan closing business) started drinking really bad and got two DWI's within two months. He was also arrested for domestic abuse. So, the Bar Association said, you either go to an addiction facility or we take your license away to practice law. He went into a facility for three months in January, 2009.

***I swear all this matters.....hang with me.

Disbarred Atty. #2 and Atty. #3, owned the loan closing business together. Atty. #1 and the other building owner, a/k/a Atty. #4, had nothing whatsoever to do with disbarred Atty. #2 and Atty. #3 except owning the building together.

Disbarred Atty. #2 has a secretary who wouldn't come in until 10:30 a.m. even though we opened at 8:30 a.m., would either come back late from lunch or would sleep during the lunch hour and not wake up when lunch was over, would leave early and had the most gosh awful potty mouth. When I say potty mouth, I mean dirty dirty words. When my boss complained to disbarred Atty. #2, he wouldn't do a thing about her. (I was having to pick up the telephone answering slack which we stopped doing later on.) They had a few minor fusses about the secretary but nothing major because I simply stopped answering her lines.

Everything was going along as usual until Atty. #3 went into rehab. During the time he was in rehab, disbarred Atty. #2 was still doing loan closings which was a big no-no since there was no licensed attorney in the loan closing office at the time. Remember....Atty. #3 was in rehab. Anyway, we kept hearing some things that I can not disclose but they weren't good things.

****Stick with me, I'm almost to the good stuff.

So, without telling anybody anything, we picked up our office late one Friday night, moved it into our new office and never looked back. And, my boss filed a suit against the other building owners asking that the Court make the others buy out Atty. #1. In the paperwork, Atty. #1 had to state that he left the building because there were activities going on in the building in which he didn't want to be associated with. He didn't go into specifics so that it wouldn't be public record. Stupid head disbarred Atty. #2, filed papers saying he wanted specifics. So, now all of the gory details are out there in the public record for everybody to see.

Under the ethical rules of the Bar, Atty. #1 and Atty. #4 could get in big time trouble if they didn't tell the Bar all about disbarred Atty. #2's activities. They had no choice but to do so.

You can well imagine all the trash talking that is coming from disbarred Atty. #2 now.

I know that you guys are probably thinking "why in the world was he (my boss) associated with those guys?" Believe me, he didn't know any of the shady things that were going on until right before we left. Neither did Atty. #4. Let's just say that disbarred Atty. #2 and Atty. #3 were very crafty.

*****Now, let's get to the present:

We have floor to ceiling (the ceilings are at least 12 foot high) bookshelves in our new office building and they have old lawbooks on them. (They are dusty from being in here forever which is probably why I have sinus headaches all the time.) Anyway, when I came into my office, I noticed one of the lawbooks lying on the floor. At first, I thought that maybe it had been knocked off the shelf accidentally because we have a train track about a block and a half from our building and maybe the vibration knocked it off. I just picked it up and put it back on the shelf.

But, then I started thinking about it. Especially, after the train came by and I didn't feel a thing. Just heard the whistle blowing.

The book wasn't sideways. It wasn't knocked open.

It was lying perfectly on the floor. It was closed. Just lying on the floor in front of the bookshelf.

If it had been knocked off accidentally, you'd have thought it would have been knocked asckew with pages open or at least the cover open. Especially since it was 5 shelves up from the bottom so it would have had a pretty good fall.

So, I am telling one of our friends who stopped by and while we were talking, I told her about the book. She asked me if I looked in the book. I said no, I just put it back. She said if you ever find a book on the floor, it means that the ghosts wants you to read what's in the book. I just said okay next time I'll look.

Well, curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the book off the shelf. You know what it was about? You will never believe! Defamation-Attorney's Character The subtitle? "Dishonesty or unethical conduct". I read a little and the cases were very very similar to what is going on. I swear I almost dropped the book on the floor!

Maybe the ghost did want me to read the book.

See, I told you the backstory would make the present story make sense!

Is that creepy or what???????!!!!!!!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-22-2009 at 03:51 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #303
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Ok! I'm going back to saying it's an old judge...last time you were complaining about judges so he was picking on you. Now, he is helping...
Well, I have to say the ghost at least likes ya'll and may play pranks but remembers the law and wants to help out
creeeeeepy....
Old 06-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #304
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Ok! I'm going back to saying it's an old judge...last time you were complaining about judges so he was picking on you. Now, he is helping...
Well, I have to say the ghost at least likes ya'll and may play pranks but remembers the law and wants to help out
creeeeeepy....
Isn't that the creepiest thing!!!!!!

I wish that there was some way I could go back and see a log or check-in book of who stayed in the hotel all those years ago. Maybe that would give me some clues. I may have to ask my boss's mother if she has anything like that. That lady NEVER throws anything away so it wouldn't surprise me if she did.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #305
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

Perhaps check and see if any deaths occured in the hotel (your office). I think that might me a matter of public record.

And I think you really should send an email to Ghost Hunters! Get them in there!

I'm happy to hear the camping went well. We are thinking of going this weekend but I need somewhere with a cold swimming hole to take care of this Texas heat! DH keeps telling me this weather is training for August!
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
Old 06-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #306
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthemoon4mickey View Post
Perhaps check and see if any deaths occured in the hotel (your office). I think that might me a matter of public record.

And I think you really should send an email to Ghost Hunters! Get them in there!

I'm happy to hear the camping went well. We are thinking of going this weekend but I need somewhere with a cold swimming hole to take care of this Texas heat! DH keeps telling me this weather is training for August!

I'm definitely gonna do some more checking into this place. There are several places here in town that they say are haunted. One is a museum and one is a castle. The other day, some construction workers found an underground tunnel which they believe was used by awoman and a man (to whom she was definitely not married) to carry on their clandestine meetings.

Yeah, it was really really hot this weekend. Definitely not the best of times to go tent camping but we are trying to think of things to do on weekends to pass the time until our August trip to WDW.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 06-22-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #307
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up on the story too! Thanks for a such a detailed review. I am very excited about our upcoming trip.

When is SM being reopened?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #308
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

That is creepy. Evil spirits freak me out. I say evil because good spirits would not cause mischief. I have had some WEIRD things happen around me too .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #309
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
I am all caught up on the story too! Thanks for a such a detailed review. I am very excited about our upcoming trip.

I'm glad that you are caught up in my family's Disney vacation. Who would have thought I could provide so much entertainment. When are you headed to WDW? Do you have a pre-trip report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
That is creepy. Evil spirits freak me out. I say evil because good spirits would not cause mischief. I have had some WEIRD things happen around me too .
I'm still thinking it's a good spirit. The cases that the book talked about were things that were in my boss's favor so I'm thinking the ghost is trying to help us out.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #310
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

First off...Alien Encounter is the scariest thing I've ever done. I entwioth my friend and her 18 YO brother and we ALL screamed like girls during it. He was the loudest and girliest. LOL! But we loved it.

Love the ghost story.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #312
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wanted to apologize to you all for not getting my next installment up. I am having fits with photobucket and can't find the rest of my first day at Magic Kingdom. I'm trying, I really am.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #313
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post

Just looked it up for you on the rehab page it currently says
11/21/09 for space mtn.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #314
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Isn't that the creepiest thing!!!!!!

I wish that there was some way I could go back and see a log or check-in book of who stayed in the hotel all those years ago. Maybe that would give me some clues. I may have to ask my boss's mother if she has anything like that. That lady NEVER throws anything away so it wouldn't surprise me if she did.
Don't forget ghosts can attach to "things" as well --and people... (my new favorite smilie)
maybe some of those law books are pretty old and its attached to one or something else that may be old and taken from an old law office...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #315
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I at the "drive-by scooter" comment! TOO FUNNY! That stinks about John's foot, though. I'm glad it wasn't injured too badly.

Glad you had fun camping. We are tent campers too! We go at least twice during the summer...once for a 10-day trip and once for a long weekend. I love camping in the tent! I grew up going camping in a pop-up so I wasn't sure how I'd like the tent, but I really enjoy it! I hate fish though....so no fishing and grilling for me! The boys do on occasion, but that's totally their thing! I stay out of it!

Cool ghost update. I'd be completely freaked out! I love historical stuff though, so checking out the history of the hotel would be right up my alley! I'd love to hear about what you learn!

Love the character pictures! And that they sang Happy Birthday! BONUS!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: