Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #286
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

How the heck did I get 5 pages behind. WOW! Great updates.
I hear that all the time about the scooter people. They run people over all the time and never apoligize, or they are tooting there horn so they can get around you. Well if I could go faster I would, so I sure as heck am not going to let someone else in front of me to make me take longer to get there. LOL!
I'm loving the ghosts updates too. I love to read this stuff, but if it happened to me I would freak out most likely. LOL!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #287
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention that, while I was in the bathroom trying to reattach my temporary, the automatic toilet flushed two times. I got a little sprinkling of water on my tushy but I didn't care 'cause I had my grin back.
I'm obviously not done catching up yet but I just had to tell you I almost peed my pants on this, AFTER reading your hilarious explanation of losing the temp.
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2009, 03:46 PM   #288
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Still catching up......sad to hear about Rose & Crown, we were thinking about trying it, heard the fish & chips were really good....maybe not so for us LA folk, huh?

Loved your detailed CBR resort info! Totally agree that you get two vacations in one, that's what we LOVE about CBR. We tried POFQ last year and maybe because we're from NOLA we were very disappointed in it, nothing magical for us.

Last edited by TigerKat; 06-20-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #289
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Nice little update, the pictures with Donald Duck are too cute!!!!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 06-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #290
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

great update like always lol . i would of been mad if someone ran over my foot in there scooter. and not to say sorry jeez people got nerves. got to watch out for scooters and even strollers sometimes
Old 06-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #291
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey everybody! We just got back from our tent camping trip. The temperature on Friday afternoon was 95 degrees. Yesterday, it was 97. Today, it was 98 when we left Hot Springs, Arkansas. We got home and it was a HOT 100 degrees. We had a great time fishing and doing a whole lot of nothing.

I hope to get another installment up tomorrow.

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-21-2009, 09:10 PM   #292
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

glad ya'll had a relaxing weekend; Hammond has been the hottest in the state throughout the entire week (go figure???) w/ the heat index we have been hitting 106. You would think New Orleans or Baton Rouge would be the hottest w/little trees, bldgs, and car traffic; and we can't go swimming for another week/two w/Ashton...Danny had let the pool go for a while with everything going...he started it back up this weekend can't wait...

The segway accident--that is probably why they banned them from the parks (I think I read that somewhere); I read somewhere that handicap group has a lawsuit for people that have their own and want to use them instead of wheelchairs

can't wait for your next installment...
Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #293
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Great updates, I'm all caught up!

I don't mind Stitch, but I can't stand SGE. Neither can my DH or the E's. We were there when it "previewed" in 2004 and thought it was the worst thing ever. Go figure. We've been shocked it's survived.

I know what you mean about paying off the trip, especially when it includes DDP, it is the BEST feeling!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #294
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a good time!

It's been hot here in Georgia too. Can't wait for the next installment.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #295
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
I didn't know TTA would be closed too! Though I guess that makes sense with the way it runs through SM. Man, now I'm bummed! I love TTA!

Oh, well. What can you do, right? Guess that means we'll have to plan another trip....

Darn.
Yep, I guess we'll just have to go back next year and check out the "new" Space Mountain and TTA. Aww, I'm so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhappythought5 View Post
Congrats on paying off your August trip. I know that feels good!!!!
It feels absolutely wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Man, you were right. If something crazy happens, it happens to you. Can't wait for the next hilarious installment.
I often wonder if mishaps follow me around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthiagayle01 View Post
This TR is great! Its nice to see we're not the only disney fans in West Monroe! My sis and I are thinking about a trip to the world. I have to show her this TR she is gonna be so excited! Can't wait to read more! I definitely can't wait to hear about your August trip.
I'm so glad to have another Louisiana reader. Isn't it a small world that we both live in West Monroe.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #296
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
How the heck did I get 5 pages behind. WOW! Great updates.
I hear that all the time about the scooter people. They run people over all the time and never apoligize, or they are tooting there horn so they can get around you. Well if I could go faster I would, so I sure as heck am not going to let someone else in front of me to make me take longer to get there. LOL!
I'm loving the ghosts updates too. I love to read this stuff, but if it happened to me I would freak out most likely. LOL!
The scooter incident really made us mad. We haven't run into too many inconsiderate scooter drivers over the years but this lady took the cake! All she had to do was say I'm sorry. I mean, she had plenty of time while she was just sitting on his foot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
I'm obviously not done catching up yet but I just had to tell you I almost peed my pants on this, AFTER reading your hilarious explanation of losing the temp.
When I think back on it now, I get the giggles and it's really funny. When it was happening, not such much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Still catching up......sad to hear about Rose & Crown, we were thinking about trying it, heard the fish & chips were really good....maybe not so for us LA folk, huh?

Loved your detailed CBR resort info! Totally agree that you get two vacations in one, that's what we LOVE about CBR. We tried POFQ last year and maybe because we're from NOLA we were very disappointed in it, nothing magical for us.
I'm sure with you being from Louisiana, you are like us.....we like our fish coated in corn meal and fried with crispies on the fillets. These were deep fried all right but it was in a batter (which we knew it would be ahead of time and we have eaten fish and chips elsewhere) and it was mushy and greasy.

We love the CBR. Over the weekend, we talked about seeing if we could move our buy 4/get 3 reservation over to the CBR because we love it so much. (We decided to just stay with Pop and use the money to do Disney "extras".)

I've looked at the Port Orleans resorts and I just can't get excited about them. Like you said, I guess being from Louisiana, it's not that exciting to us because the theming is so similar to what we have at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Nice little update, the pictures with Donald Duck are too cute!!!!
Thanks, I am hoping to get more posted today.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 AM   #297
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

I'm current on this thread again! Yay! I can't believe the nerve of some people. The woman ran over your husband's foot and then has the gall to curse and keep moving without so much as an apology. That makes ME mad and it didn't even happen to me!

Love the character pictures. You gotta love Donald leading the group to sing to Hunter. How sweet!

And I was thinking of you over the weekend. I saw a show on Biography channel "Ghosts Caught on Tape" and made me think of you. Wonder if you could put a camera on that bathroom that keeps getting getting unlocked?

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #298
jcmc
Mouseketeer

Old 06-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #299
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
glad ya'll had a relaxing weekend; Hammond has been the hottest in the state throughout the entire week (go figure???) w/ the heat index we have been hitting 106. You would think New Orleans or Baton Rouge would be the hottest w/little trees, bldgs, and car traffic; and we can't go swimming for another week/two w/Ashton...Danny had let the pool go for a while with everything going...he started it back up this weekend can't wait...

The segway accident--that is probably why they banned them from the parks (I think I read that somewhere); I read somewhere that handicap group has a lawsuit for people that have their own and want to use them instead of wheelchairs

can't wait for your next installment...
This is the first year that we haven't had a pool. For years and years, we had a big above ground pool but last year, the liner got a tear in it and we didn't buy a new one because we thought we'd get an even bigger pool this year. Well, it's June and we haven't gotten one yet. Hunter is having fits to go swimming.

The drive-by runover wasn't with a segway, it was with a scooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Great updates, I'm all caught up!

I don't mind Stitch, but I can't stand SGE. Neither can my DH or the E's. We were there when it "previewed" in 2004 and thought it was the worst thing ever. Go figure. We've been shocked it's survived.

I know what you mean about paying off the trip, especially when it includes DDP, it is the BEST feeling!
I don't like Stitch's Great Escape as much as I did Alien Encounter. I know that they got a bunch of complaints about Alient Encounter being too scary for kids but we liked it.

I feel great now that the trip is paid for in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Sounds like you had a good time!

It's been hot here in Georgia too. Can't wait for the next installment.
We had a wonderful time camping. I think the part that I like best is the fact that nobody knows you, nobody cares if you have messy hair, noboby cares if you wear makeup, etc. etc. We caught lots of fish and grilled outside for every meal. Hot but wonderful!

Old 06-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #300
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
I'm current on this thread again! Yay! I can't believe the nerve of some people. The woman ran over your husband's foot and then has the gall to curse and keep moving without so much as an apology. That makes ME mad and it didn't even happen to me!

Love the character pictures. You gotta love Donald leading the group to sing to Hunter. How sweet!

And I was thinking of you over the weekend. I saw a show on Biography channel "Ghosts Caught on Tape" and made me think of you. Wonder if you could put a camera on that bathroom that keeps getting getting unlocked?
John was pretty ticked off that she didn't say sorry or anything. It's like she thought it was all John's fault that she ran over him.

My mother told me that I needed to borrow my brother-in-law's night vision camera. It's for watching deer and other animals at night so they know where they are feeding. I am seriously thinking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmc View Post
I'm trying to get my photobucket album to come up now. For some reason, y pictures are all out of whack. (much like me) Once I find the rest of my Magic Kingdom pictures I'll post more.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: