Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #271
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

For some reason, the multi-quote function isn't working for me right now so I'll address everybody individually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Congrats on paying off your August trip I'm hoping to do that very soon. I love the pictures of Hunter and Stitch--very cute!!! We love fastpass and got the evil eye from a few people in the stand-by line this year as we cruised on by them. I was thinking the same thing you were.

It feels so awesome knowing I have the trip paid for. The dining plan is included in the price of our trip so I don't have to worry about paying for food either!

I am a Fastpass freak. Love love love them! Everybody will just have to keep on givin' me the evil eye.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #272
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
I love the look on peoples faces as we walk by with our fp. Dale is really bummed that SM was closed last month, I haven't told him it will still be closed when we go in September .
I can't remember what year they came out with the Fastpasses but they have to be one of the best inventions Disney has ever come up with.

Yeah, Hunter was bummed when I told him Space Mountain and Tomorrowland Transit Authority would both be closed. Where are we going to rest our tired tootsies? There was nothing better than getting a frozen Coke and riding the TTA over and over again.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #273
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I laughed out some ice cream when I read this.
Yeah, we had to take his cell phone away when he kept running up the bill!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #274
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Congrats on paying off your trip!!

Guess what??? I just got a PIN for free dining for dates clear through the week before Christmas! I'm currently trying to figure out how we can make it work!
Thank you very much. It feels soooo good.

I can't believe you got a pin code. The only time I have ever gotten one, I couldn't use it. I sure hope you don't have to let this one pass you by. Work on that schedule girl!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #275
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Just had to stop and share the good news. I just paid off our August, 2009 WDW vacation! Yippee!!!!!
Yippeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Hi there, I'm not longing2Batdisney but I'm glad you came out of lurkdome! I have about 250 posts over on my trip report and over 8,000 hits. I have a lots of lurkers over there. It's always good when somebody stops to say hi.

Ok, I've been reading yours too. Good report. I am going to start mine as soon as I can. I may ask for help.
Thank you.
Ginny
be sure to let me know, also...so I can join in the fun
it's lots of fun traveling w/other friends
Old 06-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #276
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Yippeee!

be sure to let me know, also...so I can join in the fun
it's lots of fun traveling w/other friends
It just feels so darn good!

I am sooo hoping that I can get a quick installment up in a little bit. We are leaving a little after noon today to go camping for the weekend.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #277
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I'm hoping to have our September trip paid off at the end of the month. We'll see. Stuff keeps coming up. Will has to have a cavity filled on Monday and that's $100 we weren't planning on! We'll figure it out, though.

I am so sad that Space Mountain is going to be closed when we're there (good thing you rode it last time, huh?) The only good thing about it is that it's one less ride I have to worry about Christian complaining about missing (now I think he'll only miss Expedition Everest-which he is going to be about-and Rock N Rollercoaster-which the bigger boys might not go on either).

Can't wait for the next installment!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #278
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Stitch is on of our favorites! My DS12 is especially fond of him and he spent our trip collecting and trading Stitch pins for his collection.

Cute hat pics!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #279
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Can't believe I just found this!!!!! Gotta go back and catch up on 19 pages....
Old 06-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #280
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Congratulations! I'm hoping to have our September trip paid off at the end of the month. We'll see. Stuff keeps coming up. Will has to have a cavity filled on Monday and that's $100 we weren't planning on! We'll figure it out, though.

I am so sad that Space Mountain is going to be closed when we're there (good thing you rode it last time, huh?) The only good thing about it is that it's one less ride I have to worry about Christian complaining about missing (now I think he'll only miss Expedition Everest-which he is going to be about-and Rock N Rollercoaster-which the bigger boys might not go on either).

Can't wait for the next installment!
Girl, I know what you're talking about when unexcepted expenses come up. For instance, John's truck battery bit the dust last week. $129.00 later it's up and running again. Can you be $129.00 for a battery?!?

Space Mountain and the TTA will be closed during our trip. Guess we'll just have to find another quiet spot to rest our legs for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Stitch is on of our favorites! My DS12 is especially fond of him and he spent our trip collecting and trading Stitch pins for his collection.

Cute hat pics!
Hunter loves Stitch and has all of his movies. I thought the Stitch picture with their arms crossed was cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Can't believe I just found this!!!!! Gotta go back and catch up on 19 pages....
Hello! I was wondering where you've been. Go catch up and check back in with me!

Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 AM   #281
hhockman
DIS Veteran

I didn't know TTA would be closed too! Though I guess that makes sense with the way it runs through SM. Man, now I'm bummed! I love TTA!

Oh, well. What can you do, right? Guess that means we'll have to plan another trip....

Darn.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #282
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer

Congrats on paying off your August trip. I know that feels good!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #283
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm going to see if I can get a short little update in here before I have to get back to work. When we left Space Mountain, John and Hunter wanted to ride Astro Orbitor which I don't like because of the whole heights thing. I get all weird feeling when I get up high so I'm sitting this one out.

So, while they wait in line for Astro Orbitor, I walk around and take some pictures. Which were, of course, lost! I tell you I am getting super p.o.'d just thinking about it so I'll move on.

Anyway, they ride Astro Orbitor and we decide to walk over to Pinocchio's Village Haus and get some of those famous Figaro Fries.

We were right around the Tomorrowland Speedway and there were lots of people standing in line to drive the cars. We saw a rather large lady in a Hover Round/scooter thing in ahead of us start backing up and we moved over and went around her. We don't know exactly how it happened but somehow, she put it in drive again and bumped into the back of John's leg. When he turned to see what happened, she ran over his foot! That probably wouldn't have been so bad but she stopped! On his foot! With not so much as a sorry, she cursed, and then sped off. It was a drive by scooter accident!!!!! She fled the scene of the crime!!!!!

John hobbled over to a bench and pulled off his sock and tennis shoe. The whole top of his foot was red but his little toe was really red and was smooshed. I went into Cosmic Ray's, stood in line and got a cup of ice. When I told them what it was for, the castmember asked if we needed medical attention and I told them no. When I got back, I put some of the ice in a handy ziplock bag (gotta love the fact that I take them into the parks every day) and he put it on his foot.

After icing his foot a while, John decided that we'd go ahead and make our way over to Pinocchio's Village Haus.

On the way, we spotted this wild animal cage and had to take a picture. Look, John didn't cut off our heads! Thank goodness for digital cameras where he can actually see what the picture will look like before snapping the picture.

I gotta tell you, I wasn't impressed with the Figaro Fries all that much. They came with just cheese sauce and bacon. I read later on the Disboard that we could have asked for lettuce and tomato. Oh well, live and learn. Hunter ordered the pizza and I think I remember John ordering an Italian sandwich. The castmember saw our birthday and anniversary buttons and gave us all free desserts. Sorry, no pictures. We were able to find a nice little table upstairs outside all by ourselves. We could see almost all of Fantasyland from our table. As soon as we left, a castmember came out and roped off the balcony.

While we ate, we chatted about where we should go next. We decided we'd finish up Fantasyland and then go over to Toontown. I can not find the pictures I took on Snow White but I'll find them on photobucket and come back and post them. (Right now, I am trying to leave you guys with something before we head out for Hot Springs, Arkansas to camp.)

We were able to see and do everything in Fantasyland with the exception of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh with very little wait. Well, Peter Pan's Flight had a 35 minute wait but that's not too bad for Peter Pan. Next on the list was Mickey's Toontown (my namesake). Our first stop? The characters. John's foot was hurting him so he decided to skip the characters (and standing in line) this go round.

First up was Donald Duck.

Pose boys!

And then Donald had everybody sing Happy Birthday to Hunter:

Next in the cast of characters was silly old Pluto:

And last but certainly not least was Goofy!

We left the room and when we got into the hallway, Hunter was super stoked that everybody had sung Happy Birthday to him. He could hardly wait to go tell his Dad.

We found John right away. He was sitting on one of the benches beside the line for the characters and I could tell that he was fighting back the sleepies. He made a big deal out of the birthday sing-a-long and told Hunter, "let's go buy something to celebrate". Cotton candy for each of us!

And off we hobbled to our next attraction!

****For those of you wondering why we wore our anniversary buttons and birthday button throughout the trip, the castmember at Guest Services told us to wear them every day. So, we did!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #284
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Man, you were right. If something crazy happens, it happens to you. Can't wait for the next hilarious installment.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #285
Cynthiagayle01
Mouseketeer

This TR is great! Its nice to see we're not the only disney fans in West Monroe! My sis and I are thinking about a trip to the world. I have to show her this TR she is gonna be so excited! Can't wait to read more! I definitely can't wait to hear about your August trip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: