Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #256
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Nice MK start!! I never made it to MK opening, maybe next year...... And maybe not, we're more night people!!!

We LOVED Monster's Inc laugh floor, we're doing that again next year for sure!! They kept picking on this older guy, at first he looked confused (which was the funniest part) but then by the end the guy was laughing too. It was hysterical!!!!! Sam who's 5 didn't get all of the jokes, and was not happy with that, she said "That wasn't funny" She's just fresh though, this show was GREAT!!!!
You know, we're really not park commando type people but we do like to get the park early and stay there really late. But, we do take our time eating lunch, take a break mid-afternoon and people watch and then sit down for a meal at dinnertime. We once stayed in the Magic Kingdom until 2:00 in the morning! So much fun.

Too bad Sam didn't get the jokes at the Laugh Floor. It'll come with time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portocall View Post
I am in... I am enjoying your trip report very much.. and I like you are a very detailed oriented person. Your office ghost gives me the creeps! Hunter is so funny!
Welcome aboard! I love new readers. Just wait until I start my trip report from our August, 2009 trip. It'll probably have more details because I'm going to take notes this time. And, it helps when I look at pictures to know what we did and where we were. With my some of my pictures from this trip, it's hard to remember.

The office ghost(s) haven't started to creep me out too bad. Like I said before, when it/they start bumping into me or pushing me or something of that sort, then I'll be creeped out!

Yes, Hunter is a real hoot! He's like his daddy....he can come up with a quick response/joke about anything. Me? I find myself two days after a conversation going....."Man, I wish I had of said so-and-so. That would have been so funny."

I can't wait for Lacey to come along with us this trip. She is a lot like John and Hunter. I know I am going to be in stitches all the time.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-18-2009, 02:20 PM   #257
overthemoon4mickey
Mouseketeer

Wow! I don't know what update I want more...The Magic Kingdom update or the Ghost update? Oh, I know.....both please!!!
SEPT. 05' 10 days CBR/WLV DEC. 07' 9 days CSR JAN. 09' 10 days POR Aug.09' 10 days ASMovies. Jan.11' 10 days CBR June 12' 11 days Bonnet Creek, Dis & Universal June 14' 2 weeks Bonnet Creek and Universal
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #258
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthemoon4mickey View Post
Wow! I don't know what update I want more...The Magic Kingdom update or the Ghost update? Oh, I know.....both please!!!
I know! I am really starting to get into this whole ghost experience. I always thought I would be really afraid but, oddly, I am not. At least, not yet.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #259
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm waiting on Fed Ex to deliver a package so I've got just a few minutes to post another installment. It'll be another short one....sorry!

After The Laugh Floor, we wanted to ride one of our favorites...Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. But first, the Fastpass getter (me) had to run over to Space Mountain and get a Fastpass. I met my guys back at Buzz Lightyear.

This is another one of those rides where we have to split up because we are a family of three. I rode by myself this go round. Here's a few pictures of my guys with their laser guns.

When we exited the ride, Stitch was doing a meet and greet so Hunter hopped in line. I gotta tell you, John absolutely can not stand Stitch. I don't know why but he doesn't so he sat over to the side while we stood in line.

Instead of having the characters sign an autograph book, Hunter decided to have them sign his hat instead:

Stitch signed the hat and then put it on is head:

Smile boys:

Since we had just seen Stitch in person, Hunter wanted to go to Stitch's Great Escape. I told you John can't stand Stitch so we practically had to drag him over to the attraction. The wait was just 15 minutes. Stitch burped in our face, whispered in our ears and jumped on our shoulders and while Hunter and I thought it was cute, John couldn't wait to get out of there. I really really don't know what it is about Stitch (not just the attraction but the character himself) that John despises so.

Anyway, we had time to kill before we could use our Fastpasses for Space Mountain so we shopped a bit. Here's a couple "never would I buy this" hat pictures:

Then, we moved on to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority. There's just something about this ride that we like. It really doesn't take you anywhere. It really doesn't do anything. It just is. And, we like it. Still needing to waste about fifteen minutes, we asked the castmember if we could stay on and he said sure. Two rounds later, it was about time to use our Space Mountain Fastpasses so we got off and went on over to Space Mountain baby!

I looked at the standby time and the wait was 60 minutes! Glad I got the Fastpasses. Of course, as to be expected, we got the evil eye from the standby people. Hey, wise up and use Fastpass!

I've always heard that the two Space Mountain tracks are different but I guess I'll never know because each and every time I have been on Space Mountain, we get pointed to the left side. One day, I'm going to protest and make them let me over on the right side.

After our zippy ride through outer space, Hunter asked if he could play in the arcade for a little while.

While he played a few games, I walked around and found a neat metal tag maker. You know like dog tags, luggage tags, etc. For $10.00, I made Oddball the cutest dog collar tag. It is shaped like a bone and, on one side it's blue and has Pluto with a bone in his mouth and on the other side, we put Oddball's name, address and phone number. Well, our phone number. That was Oddball's souvenier. Just a note, it has held up really well too. It's been almost a year since we put it on his collar and the only place the blue has come off it a little bit around the edge. Worth the $10.00.

Oh well, Fed Ex just delivered the package so I'll have to come back in a little bit.

Lisa

Up next, John's "encounter" with a Hover Round.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #260
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer

I have noticed that you either love or hate stitch. My mom absolutely can't stand Stitch. She never wants to wait to see him or anything. She refuses to go to the Ohana Breakfast because they are there now. But we love stitch so I understand.

I am glad the tag held up for you. We might have to do that for Alana our dog.
Great update.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #261
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhappythought5 View Post
I have noticed that you either love or hate stitch. My mom absolutely can't stand Stitch. She never wants to wait to see him or anything. She refuses to go to the Ohana Breakfast because they are there now. But we love stitch so I understand.

I am glad the tag held up for you. We might have to do that for Alana our dog.
Great update.
There's just something about Stitch. You either love him or hate him and John is in the later category.

You really do need to get a tag for Alana. They are really cute and hold up really well. I'm thinking of making on for our backpack tag which will, of course, hang right next to my lime green Mickey head.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #262
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just had to stop and share the good news. I just paid off our August, 2009 WDW vacation! Yippee!!!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #263
scooby9932
I Loves Me Some Disney!

Huff... Puff... Wheeze...Snuffle

Whew! I rushed right over finally & read through your entire TR in record time! Now I'm trying to catch my breath from laughing so much! A couple of co-workers looked at me like I was nuts when they looked in to see me snickering at my computer.

I love your TR so far! The surprise for Hunter, the gotta go, gotta go moments, the lost & recovered tooth! Sounds like great times that make for truly memorable trips.

I can't see your pictures from my work computer, though, so I'll have to log on at home soon to truly appreciate your TR. I really have to see that sneaky squirrel!

I gotta say, I totally agree with John about Stitch! I can't stand him! I avoid all things involving Stitch. The funny thing is I've had this aversion since before the movie first came out. Not that I went to see it, mind you! Something about that ugly little alien in the previews turned me so off I can't bring myself to watch him. Who knows why? So, I totally get John's feelings.

Cast of Characters: Me (44), DH (Disboard Name toklotursa)(50), DD (25), DGD (born 10/9/13) and our fur babies, Rufus (shih tzu) & Jasper (yorkie) & Hudson (moose sized mutt)

1971, 1978, 1983, 1987, 1989 DD's 1st Trip, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2007 POR-DD's Senior Trip, 2008 POR, 2009 POLY, May 2010 POR, May 2011 POLY, May 2012 CSR, Dec 2012 CSR, May 2013 OKW, May 2014 OKW

UPCOMING: May 2014 -OKW
Old 06-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #264
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby9932 View Post
Huff... Puff... Wheeze...Snuffle

Whew! I rushed right over finally & read through your entire TR in record time! Now I'm trying to catch my breath from laughing so much! A couple of co-workers looked at me like I was nuts when they looked in to see me snickering at my computer.

I love your TR so far! The surprise for Hunter, the gotta go, gotta go moments, the lost & recovered tooth! Sounds like great times that make for truly memorable trips.

I can't see your pictures from my work computer, though, so I'll have to log on at home soon to truly appreciate your TR. I really have to see that sneaky squirrel!

I gotta say, I totally agree with John about Stitch! I can't stand him! I avoid all things involving Stitch. The funny thing is I've had this aversion since before the movie first came out. Not that I went to see it, mind you! Something about that ugly little alien in the previews turned me so off I can't bring myself to watch him. Who knows why? So, I totally get John's feelings.

Yeah! You're here! I told you that I'd give you a chuckle or two right when you needed it. Don't worry, I have another funny coming up later in the report so tell your co-workers to be ready to look at you again.

You definitely need to check out the pictures. Like I posted before, lots of them were lost but I was glad to at least have some of them recovered. The squirrel was truly a sneaky little booger. He knew just what he was doing.

I am not one of those folks who just goes ga-ga over Stitch but I like him. John hates him. Lacey couldn't care less.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #265
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Hi there, I'm not longing2Batdisney but I'm glad you came out of lurkdome! I have about 250 posts over on my trip report and over 8,000 hits. I have a lots of lurkers over there. It's always good when somebody stops to say hi.

Ok, I've been reading yours too. Good report. I am going to start mine as soon as I can. I may ask for help.
Thank you.
Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 06-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #266
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Congrats on paying off your August trip I'm hoping to do that very soon. I love the pictures of Hunter and Stitch--very cute!!! We love fastpass and got the evil eye from a few people in the stand-by line this year as we cruised on by them. I was thinking the same thing you were.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:39 PM   #267
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post

Ok, I've been reading yours too. Good report. I am going to start mine as soon as I can. I may ask for help.
Thank you.
Ginny

Hi Ginny! Confession is good for the soul. Just kidding! Glad you decided to post. You've gotta let me know when you start your report. I often say trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until my next WDW vacation!

Lisa

Old 06-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #268
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I love the look on peoples faces as we walk by with our fp. Dale is really bummed that SM was closed last month, I haven't told him it will still be closed when we go in September .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #269
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

on the other side, we put Oddball's name, address and phone number. Well, our phone number.
I laughed out some ice cream when I read this.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:16 PM   #270
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Just had to stop and share the good news. I just paid off our August, 2009 WDW vacation! Yippee!!!!!
Congrats on paying off your trip!!

Guess what??? I just got a PIN for free dining for dates clear through the week before Christmas! I'm currently trying to figure out how we can make it work!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: