Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 PM   #241
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

We love the Laugh Floor too! Once they put the kids up on the screen before the show and underneath it said - "Thinks catsup is made from cats!"
Old 06-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #242
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ya'll I don't have but just a second....but holy s**t (sorry, I don't usually curse) but I just walked into my boss's office and his chair moved. I mean, literally, moved. Rolled across the floor almost the length of his desk! I gotta go call my husband! The ghosts are moving around here today.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2009, 02:53 PM   #243
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

you have to working somewhere along the river right??? or the ghost read your posting and knows you are complaining (maybe its an old judge)
Old 06-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #244
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
We love the Laugh Floor too! Once they put the kids up on the screen before the show and underneath it said - "Thinks catsup is made from cats!"
Isn't it cool how Disney incorporates the audience into their shows? Is those little things that delight us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
you have to working somewhere along the river right??? or the ghost read your posting and knows you are complaining (maybe its an old judge)
How did you know that our office is near the river?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #245
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Lisa: I'm just loving your report! Darn those Judges, interrupting your update! *sigh*. guess I'll have to go back to work, too.
Thanks for the compliment on the report. Those Judges think they are.......well, Judges!

Quote:
so where exactly were ya'll sitting??? that's great that they used Hunter's joke how amazing for a boy his age...
When you go into the theater, there are benches. On some of the benches, you'll see little lamp things that look kind of like monster antennae. I was told that those are the "best seats in the house". Don't know if it's true or not but it worked for us. Yeah, Hunter was on a winning streak this vacation. He was chosen for lots of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
i've never done the laugh floor yet. hope to do it this time around.. dang hope to hear more of your update later
The Laugh Floor is very cute and it's a definite must see. Add it to your touring list for sure!

Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #246
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Okay, that thing about the chair (I'll say it again) CREEE-PPPPY!
I would have wet my pants then if I'd seen that!

Lovin the update. I didn't know that about the lamp thingys at the Laugh Floor either. We'll have to try it. Any secrets about how to get picked for Turtle Talk with Crush? I've never been to rope drop at MK before (okay, I've never been to rope drop at anything before), we'll have to really try this time.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #247
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I soooooooooo believe there are spirits that walk this earth. I have had way too many strange experiences happen to me to not believe .

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261767 Hey save some of that, it has to last us a week.....March 22-March 28th, 2014 Trip Report

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #248
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran

We saw Mike & Sully's Laugh show last summer. My DDs really got a kick out of it. I bet it is very hard to understand some of the accents that people speak in when they are questioning the audiance.

I had a thought - maybe the ghost in your office is one of the hitch-hikers from the Haunted Mansion .
Old 06-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #249
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
How did you know that our office is near the river?
check out the water in the toliet; especially on an upper floor;
hold on to something I promise you'll get dizzy

told you I was from New Orleans area...

I had a ghost attached to me for years (I still think it was my husband's deceased best friend) we had a 6 ft silk tree that was always moving or falling after his death, not to mention the shadows
Old 06-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #250
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Okay, that thing about the chair (I'll say it again) CREEE-PPPPY!
I would have wet my pants then if I'd seen that!

Lovin the update. I didn't know that about the lamp thingys at the Laugh Floor either. We'll have to try it. Any secrets about how to get picked for Turtle Talk with Crush? I've never been to rope drop at MK before (okay, I've never been to rope drop at anything before), we'll have to really try this time.
The moving chair really startled me. I didn't get super scared but, rather, a bit shook up. I mean, you don't expect to walk into a room and a chair start moving.

On our second day at the Magic Kingdom, we didn't get to sit by one of lamp things in the Laugh Floor but I started looking around and it DID seem like the people who appeared on the screen or were chosen were sitting next to the lamps. Like I said, I don't know if that really is why they were chosen but anything's worth a try.

I don't really have a tip about getting chosen for Turtle Talk with Crush. We have seen the show four times and Hunter has been chosen three of those times. He's usually not sitting right in the middle but rather kinda on the side. And, he always waves his arm in the air when they ask if you anybody has questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
I soooooooooo believe there are spirits that walk this earth. I have had way too many strange experiences happen to me to not believe .

Oh, I sooooo believe in spirits. My mother's cousin's husband is always joking about marrying into a bunch of witches because all of the older people in our family have "feelings". You know like, for instance, my mother will call and say "Babe, don't come home on so-and-so highway today. Come the back way." and then, sure enough, there's a wreck on the so-and-so highway. (Okay, I know in a big town a wreck on a highway is not a big deal but we live in a small town where even the highways are not well traveled). Or she'll wake up in the middle of the night worrying about John and the next day we'll talk and I'll tell her that John wasn't feeling well last night (remember, he has epilepsy) and we had to give him his "knock out" medicine. (puts him to sleep in just 15 minutes) Just stuff like that.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #251
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowBelle View Post
We saw Mike & Sully's Laugh show last summer. My DDs really got a kick out of it. I bet it is very hard to understand some of the accents that people speak in when they are questioning the audiance.

I had a thought - maybe the ghost in your office is one of the hitch-hikers from the Haunted Mansion .
Quote:
check out the water in the toliet; especially on an upper floor;
hold on to something I promise you'll get dizzy

told you I was from New Orleans area...

I had a ghost attached to me for years (I still think it was my husband's deceased best friend) we had a 6 ft silk tree that was always moving or falling after his death, not to mention the shadows
My husband and I were talking about my office ghosts last night and I think we have a theory why we are seeing more "activity" lately. To the right side of our building, an addition to the hotel was built over a 100 years ago. My boss's family sold that portion of the building many moons ago and it stood empty for years and years. Renovations on that section are supposed to start soon and workmen have been coming in and out looking at what all needs to be done. (I know what's going on because I've talked to the lady who now owns that portion.) We think that the ghosts that were over in that section are now coming over to our section because they are p.o.'d that their stomping grounds are being renovated. Just a thought.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:30 AM   #252
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

We saw the Laugh Floor show for the first time this past April. So fun! Jonah texted in a joke, but it wasn't picked. So cool that Hunter's was!

That ghost stuff is way creepy! You are braver than I am!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #253
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
We saw the Laugh Floor show for the first time this past April. So fun! Jonah texted in a joke, but it wasn't picked. So cool that Hunter's was!

That ghost stuff is way creepy! You are braver than I am!
Tell Jonah to keep trying. His joke may just get picked next time.

Oh by the way, I asked Hunter what the joke was that he texted to Mike. "Why did the tomato blush and turn red? Because he saw the salad dressing!"

I think I'm going to be okay with these ghostly things going on around here as long as I don't get touched or pushed or something of that sort.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #254
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Nice MK start!! I never made it to MK opening, maybe next year...... And maybe not, we're more night people!!!

We LOVED Monster's Inc laugh floor, we're doing that again next year for sure!! They kept picking on this older guy, at first he looked confused (which was the funniest part) but then by the end the guy was laughing too. It was hysterical!!!!! Sam who's 5 didn't get all of the jokes, and was not happy with that, she said "That wasn't funny" She's just fresh though, this show was GREAT!!!!

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 06-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #255
portocall
I'm gonna try the water and swat next time

I am in... I am enjoying your trip report very much.. and I like you are a very detailed oriented person. Your office ghost gives me the creeps! Hunter is so funny!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: