Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #226
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

You are so going to think we are a bunch of nuts but you already do so I'll go ahead and tell you another story. For several years, Lacey and I tried to come up with a picture taking theme. One year, it was bathrooms. We were inspired by the various bathroom signs. The one near Rock n' Roller Coaster had a guitar. The one in Fantasyland had Prince and Princess. The one near Space Mountain had a robot looking lady. So, we took a picture of the signs and then she and I got a little "goofy" with our pictures. I had pictures of her coming out of the bathroom stall, coming out of the bathroom building, and pointing to the bathroom entrance. I even had a picture of her feet sticking out from underneath the bathroom stall door. We had so much fun taking those pictures. They were really stupid pictures but fun to do. See, I told you we were nuts.
I LOVE THIS IDEA!! What a great scrapbook those pics would make!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #227
nettii
DIS Veteran

GREAT trip report! I was supposed to go for a walk and get house work done before the family got up but I couldnt tear myself away! I cant wait to hear more! You tell a great story! Thank you for sharing! Nettii

1st trip 2006 ALL Star SPORTS (fell in LOVE )
2007 POP (Pure magic )
2007 POFQ (A Merry Mickey Holiday adventure):3
2008 POP (My Moms 1st trip-Had a blast)
2009 ALL Star MoviesHappy Haunts in the MK
2010-(Mom & T conquire the Mts of MK)
2011- DREAM CRUISE!
2012-Thanksgiving at CBR!

Last edited by nettii; 06-17-2009 at 09:30 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #228
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
We can wait until tomorrow for the next installment...the question is what are we supposed to do over the weekend while you're gone camping?
Plan your next WDW vacation, of course!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #229
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
I LOVE THIS IDEA!! What a great scrapbook those pics would make!
Lacey took all of the bathroom pictures and put them in her scrapbook. They were so cute. I actually looked at them again last night. There was one with the bathroom stall door closed and you could see just one of her feet on the ground. She had turned around to flush the toilet. Obviously, not the bathroom I went to at Epcot because we all know they had automatic flushing toilets.

We did have people looking at us funny but we figured nobody there would ever see us again so what did it matter?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #230
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

im on board.
such a funny TR!!
sounds like it Epcot was very very eventful!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:02 PM   #231
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy's_gurl View Post
im on board.
such a funny TR!!
sounds like it Epcot was very very eventful!!!
I'm glad that you're on board and enjoying our silly life as we know it. I keep starting the next installment and then I have to get back to work. What is it with bosses? They think that just because they pay you, you have to work for your paycheck!

Old 06-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #232
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
I'm glad that you're on board and enjoying our silly life as we know it. I keep starting the next installment and then I have to get back to work. What is it with bosses? They think that just because they pay you, you have to work for your paycheck!

Geez, I know just what you mean. Ever since I started on this board, my work has been suffering a little bit. I mean, who wants to WORK when you can eat, drink, think, live, BREATHE Disney right here??? I don't know about you guys, but this is much more entertaining!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 06-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #233
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

There's just so much I can do to help run this law office. I draft certain pleadings, correspondence, take calls, make calls, greet everybody with a smile and then I go put everything on my boss's desk. The next move is his.

I figure I don't get that 15 minute "smoke" break that smokers get (no offense to anyone). I get here early on most days. I sometimes run a few office errands on non-business hours. So, if I can get a little Dis time in here and there nobody better say a bad thing about it!

Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #234
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
There's just so much I can do to help run this law office. I draft certain pleadings, correspondence, take calls, make calls, greet everybody with a smile and then I go put everything on my boss's desk. The next move is his.

I figure I don't get that 15 minute "smoke" break that smokers get (no offense to anyone). I get here early on most days. I sometimes run a few office errands on non-business hours. So, if I can get a little Dis time in here and there nobody better say a bad thing about it!

Agreed!!!! That's how I feel about it, too.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 06-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #235
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I figure I don't get that 15 minute "smoke" break that smokers get (no offense to anyone). :
I agree...
work hard and take a break...it use to kill me when my supervisor would take her 15 min smoke break, her 15 min talk to her dgt break, and if I walked away from my desk (since I don't smoke), longer than 5 min everyone was like "where did Connie go?"I even told Danny I was going to buy a pk just to walk away from my desk with

Boy, I don't miss work...but, I do miss being w/adultssometimes...
Old 06-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #236
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm going to see if I can get a little bit of our Magic Kingdom day posted. Can't promise how much I can get done but a little is better than nuthin'.

When I last left off, we had a hot, sweaty but good day at Hollywood Studios. We were able to see and do just about everything including Fantasmic! We took our showers the night before so all we should have to do in the a.m. is do a bit of freshing up, grab a breakfast snack and get to the bus stop. Our goal? Make it to the Magic Kingdom rope drop!

Well, guess what? We were at the bus stop at 8:25 a.m. and arrived at the Magic Kingdom at no time at all. Hooray! We made it to the park before it opened!

We decided to go to the left of the train station, stand in line there and wait for the opening ceremony. Here's our first picture of the day:

And then the ceremony began:

Once the opening ceremony was over, we were allowed to enter the park. There is just nothing like seeing the Cinderella's Castle for the first time (I've really seen it over two dozen times but it doesn't matter because it's just as beautiful each and every time I see it)

Our first stop was to be The Laugh Floor and we cut through the Noodle Station to get there. I had to stop and take this picture first.

We made it to The Laugh Floor in no time at all and were some of the first people in line.

While we were in the pre-show, they made an announcement that you could text your joke to Mike. Hunter immediately got his Dad's phone and sent one in. I wish I could remember what it was....something about the tomato and lettuce and dressing. I'll ask Hunter when I get home. Anyway, Hunter got a text back from Mike that said "I've never heard that one before. Thanks! Mike."

I had read that the seats near the little lamp things are the ones that are most likely to get chosen to go on the big screen. I was! They came over and asked me what monsters I was with and then they put Hunter and John and the screen. We had a nice little chit-chat. It was really cute. After we made our guest appearance, the show went on. When they got to the part about jokes from the audience, the Mcee, a/k/a Monster of Ceremony, said something like "we've got a joke here from Hunter from West Monroe, Louisiana". Hunter's face lit up and he just about wet his pants. (told you this is the "I gotta pee!" report ) Of course, everybody in the audience laughed and Hunter's joke was a hit.

After The Laugh Floor, we decided to see how long the wait was for Buzz Lightyear.

****INTERRUPTION****

Boss just called. He's on his way back from the courthouse and the Judge has ordered a brief due tomorrow afternoon. Now, I've got to call our afternoon clients and cancel their appointments. Judges!!!!! Be back later.

Lisa

Old 06-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #237
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Lisa: I'm just loving your report! Darn those Judges, interrupting your update! *sigh*. guess I'll have to go back to work, too.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #238
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

so where exactly were ya'll sitting??? that's great that they used Hunter's joke how amazing for a boy his age...
Old 06-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #239
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettii View Post
GREAT trip report! I was supposed to go for a walk and get house work done before the family got up but I couldnt tear myself away! I cant wait to hear more! You tell a great story! Thank you for sharing! Nettii
Oh my goodness! I just realized that I didn't respond to you earlier. I'm sorry that I tore you away from your walk and housework. But, if you're like me, you really didn't mind.

Glad you are onboard.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #240
goofy's_gurl
DIS Veteran

i've never done the laugh floor yet. hope to do it this time around.. dang hope to hear more of your update later

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: