Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #211
Paula R Johns
Minnie rocks!

I have been lurking since yesterday. Tell Hunter I decided to read this trip report because of the name he gave it. Thought the story about your tooth was hilarious.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #212
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Wow! I'm all caught up again. I don't know how I got several pages behind! LOL!
I love the bathroom door. That is so funny. and that squirrel cracked me up. Did the CM notice him at all? so did mr swuireel just open a package and start eating out of it? I hope no one bought that bag. LOL!

Where do you get your items to sell on ebay. I always say I wish I had stuff to sell, but I don't really, and what I do looks like it wouldn't go for much anyways. I am having a garage sale this weekend though to get rid of stuff thats been collecting.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2009, 12:10 PM   #213
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula R Johns View Post
I have been lurking since yesterday. Tell Hunter I decided to read this trip report because of the name he gave it. Thought the story about your tooth was hilarious.
Glad you came out of lurkdome. I'll definitely tell Hunter that you came over because of his catchy title. I actually changed it a little bit because I wanted to add in the Where's My Tooth but it's still basically the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow! I'm all caught up again. I don't know how I got several pages behind! LOL!
I love the bathroom door. That is so funny. and that squirrel cracked me up. Did the CM notice him at all? so did mr swuireel just open a package and start eating out of it? I hope no one bought that bag. LOL!

Where do you get your items to sell on ebay. I always say I wish I had stuff to sell, but I don't really, and what I do looks like it wouldn't go for much anyways. I am having a garage sale this weekend though to get rid of stuff thats been collecting.
I don't know why the lock on the door caught my eye but it did and I thought it was so cute I had to take a picture of it. Mr. Squirrel was really sneaky and I have a feeling he had done this many times because he didn't go for the package in the front, he actually hid behind the ones hanging in the front. He bit a hole in the bag and pulled out one nut at a time.

I try to pick up ebay items when stores put their stuff on clearance. Before I buy an item, I think....what will I do with this if it doesn't sell?.....what if I get stuck with it? I want to make sure that I can: 1) give it as a gift if it doesn't sell; 2) keep it and do something with it myself; or 3) sell it in our annual garage sale and still make a profit. I also never sell anything over $15.00 with most being less than that. I know when I am shopping around on ebay, I want something cheap and if I saw something for $15.00 or less, I'd probably buy it whether or not I really needed it. So, far, I've done really good with my sales. Good enough to have paid off three of our annual Disney vacations!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #214
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oooh Mel, I forgot to post something earlier today but my boss just came in fussing about the bathroom door again. We decided to lock the bathroom door over the weekend. Guess what!!!!???!!! When I came in this morning, I went to the bathroom and it was unlocked!!!!! I've gotta bring my camera in and take some pictures so you can see what kind of bells I am talking about that are NOT ringing!

That is just so creepy to me!!!! But completely interesting, at the same time! Please post pics - I'd love to see them! I'm such a sucker for ghost stories. Like you, I watch those ghose shows on t.v. - drives DH crazy, but hey, that's why we have an extra set, he can watch whatever he wants. I love the show "A Haunting" the best.

I'll be on the lookout for more ghost stories...

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 06-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #215
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Okay, I'm FINALLY all caught up on your TR. I don't know how I got behind either, but apparently, this thread moves FAST!

Just a couple of comments:

I LOL'd at the Hiney Hiders lock. Imagine what the people on the other side of the stall thought when they heard/saw your flash go off???? I can just imagine those people standing there wondering what you could possibly find so interesting inside your bathroom stall that you were taking a picture????

Secondly, that WAS a crafty little critter, getting into those nuts like that. Based on those pics, he's definitely done that before! And how he knew that those were nuts in those particular packs is beyond me. Amazing!!! And of course, you've got it all on camera. Glad you didn't lose those pics.

Thirdly, thanks for posting Fantasmic. I've yet to see it and I'm quite disappointed about that. Well, there's always next year, I hope!!!

More, please!!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 06-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #216
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

looks like you have a wonderful family. I love Oddball. Can't wait to read more.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #217
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
That is just so creepy to me!!!! But completely interesting, at the same time! Please post pics - I'd love to see them! I'm such a sucker for ghost stories. Like you, I watch those ghose shows on t.v. - drives DH crazy, but hey, that's why we have an extra set, he can watch whatever he wants. I love the show "A Haunting" the best.

I'll be on the lookout for more ghost stories...
It's actually getting quite fun. Like I said, when we first moved in, we didn't think much about it. We thought we were misplacing things or leaving things in other rooms. Now, it's fun to come in and see what's been done overnight. Sometimes, it's nothing. Sometimes, it's just a little thing moved around.

The reason we are so adamant about locking the bathroom door is....I hate saying it but I will so you will know.....there is an old man, Duck, who comes by and he's pretty much a drunk but he's an old family friend of my boss. My boss and his mom and dad pay him a little to take out the trash and vacuum. He kept going into the bathroom and I don't know what he does but he stops up the toilet every time. And, he smells really really bad too. We decided to start locking the bathroom and we keep the key in a drawer in our copy room. It's way behind a bunch of other stuff and Duck doesn't know it's in there. Now, Duck isn't using the bathroom but, obviously, the ghosts are.

Quote:
Okay, I'm FINALLY all caught up on your TR. I don't know how I got behind either, but apparently, this thread moves FAST!

Just a couple of comments:

I LOL'd at the Hiney Hiders lock. Imagine what the people on the other side of the stall thought when they heard/saw your flash go off???? I can just imagine those people standing there wondering what you could possibly find so interesting inside your bathroom stall that you were taking a picture????

Secondly, that WAS a crafty little critter, getting into those nuts like that. Based on those pics, he's definitely done that before! And how he knew that those were nuts in those particular packs is beyond me. Amazing!!! And of course, you've got it all on camera. Glad you didn't lose those pics.

Thirdly, thanks for posting Fantasmic. I've yet to see it and I'm quite disappointed about that. Well, there's always next year, I hope!!!

More, please!!!!
You are so going to think we are a bunch of nuts but you already do so I'll go ahead and tell you another story. For several years, Lacey and I tried to come up with a picture taking theme. One year, it was bathrooms. We were inspired by the various bathroom signs. The one near Rock n' Roller Coaster had a guitar. The one in Fantasyland had Prince and Princess. The one near Space Mountain had a robot looking lady. So, we took a picture of the signs and then she and I got a little "goofy" with our pictures. I had pictures of her coming out of the bathroom stall, coming out of the bathroom building, and pointing to the bathroom entrance. I even had a picture of her feet sticking out from underneath the bathroom stall door. We had so much fun taking those pictures. They were really stupid pictures but fun to do. See, I told you we were nuts.

Oh I could definitely tell the squirrel knew what he was doing. He even waited until the cashier turned her back before running up the pole.

You've got to see Fantasmic. It's a great show and a not to be missed in our book.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #218
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

You sound like so much fun! I'm certain that there's never a dull moment around your house!

And thanks for the info on the ghosts and the bathroom door. Do you think Duck is maybe moving some of those items around????

Old 06-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #219
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You sound like so much fun! I'm certain that there's never a dull moment around your house!

And thanks for the info on the ghosts and the bathroom door. Do you think Duck is maybe moving some of those items around????
There's never a dull moment at our house. But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Nope! Duck doesn't have a key to the building. He only comes in once a week and only when we are here. Like I said, he likes to hit the bottle quite a bit so they don't trust him with a key. My boss is a wine connoisseur (that's fancy talk for he likes wine ) and has some of the bottles he has picked from his travels stored in our back room. Given the fact that Duck likes to drink, my boss also keeps a pretty good eye on him while he's here.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:36 PM   #220
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
There's never a dull moment at our house. But, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Nope! Duck doesn't have a key to the building. He only comes in once a week and only when we are here. Like I said, he likes to hit the bottle quite a bit so they don't trust him with a key. My boss is a wine connoisseur (that's fancy talk for he likes wine ) and has some of the bottles he has picked from his travels stored in our back room. Given the fact that Duck likes to drink, my boss also keeps a pretty good eye on him while he's here.
Well, there went that theory!

There's only one explanation, It MUST be ghosts!!!!

I'm loving this, can't you tell? So long as it doesn't happen to me personally, that is. A personal ghost experience might creep me out a little too much...

Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #221
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:

I'm loving this, can't you tell? So long as it doesn't happen to me personally, that is. A personal ghost experience might creep me out a little too much...

Let's face it Louisiana it full of ghosts!!! That's one of the good things we are famous for!!
You'll have your own "TOURIST ATTRACTION" soon; new way to raise money for disney

Last edited by longing2Batdisney; 06-16-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #222
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Whew, just found this today and got all caught up... I was home sick, and what's better than reading a trip report when you're sick?

I could really relate to your Epcot tooth story! I have a crown on one of my front teeth, and I lost many a temporary crown... so far the permanent one has held up nicely. But I just might start carrying super glue with me...

Can't wait to read more!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #223
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If there was anything really spooky going on like something touching me or making scary noises, then I'd be out of there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Let's face it Louisiana it full of ghosts!!! That's one of the good things we are famous for!!
You'll have your own "TOURIST ATTRACTION" soon; new way to raise money for disney
That's certainly a thought! My boss's parents were in Louisiana Life magazine's last issue. They live in another part of the hotel and one of her quotes when they asked her about what was in the empty part of the building was "the ghosts of times gone by". Ooooohhhh! Scary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Whew, just found this today and got all caught up... I was home sick, and what's better than reading a trip report when you're sick?

I could really relate to your Epcot tooth story! I have a crown on one of my front teeth, and I lost many a temporary crown... so far the permanent one has held up nicely. But I just might start carrying super glue with me...

Can't wait to read more!
I hate that you are sick but I'm glad you are reading along. The permanent crown is doing fine and dandy but I still have a tube of super glue handy!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:38 PM   #224
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ya'll, I am sorry that I haven't gotten my next installment up yet. John's mother sent fresh squash, cucumbers, green beans and hot peppers. Since we are going camping this weekend, I had to can the beans, cook the squash to freeze and make hot pepper sauce tonight. The only thing I didn't do something with is the cucumbers. Tomorrow night, we are eating leftovers (which we rarely do since I don't like leftovers) for dinner....yummy combination....tacos, grilled chicken, grilled sausage and angel food cake. That way, I can do something with the cucumbers instead of cooking dinner.

I'll try my best to get another installment up tomorrow.

Lisa

Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 PM   #225
hhockman
DIS Veteran

We can wait until tomorrow for the next installment...the question is what are we supposed to do over the weekend while you're gone camping?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: