Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #196
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

Hi again

What a great day at DHS, you got so much done! And congrats on being guest of the hour. Have to say i think Hunter looks great in his hat, maybe a bit hot, but still great

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #197
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Did you have a TON of pictures in your PTR? I found the ones that get alot of hits seem to be the ones that start out with alot of pictures in the first couple of posts. People like to know who you are and also see your interests or past Disney pictures.
Also I am going to check out you TR, but I did see that you have ALOT of writing between pictures...another thing I have noticed is the more pictures the better. Yes I want to know the details, but I want to see the pictures that go with it it too. Thats jsut what I have noticed about the ones that get alot of hits.
I'll try to catch up on yours in the next day or so.
Hey, there! I've seen you on the thread, but I thought I'd post here as well. That was my first TR, so I am a little new at it. I also didn't join Photobucket until after I had already started my TR and I wasn't really sure if I wanted to post pics or not. Then I got asked for pictures and had to put them in where I could. I may go back and add in some more. And I might need to re-read the introduction and do a re-do to make it easier to follow. Thanks for your advice!!!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #198
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I really don't think that Hunter's going to change too much. Lacey never went through a phase where she was "too cool" (wait that saying was back in my day but you know what I mean) to do something. Both of my kids just love life and spending time with their family and friends. Hunter and Lacey have no problem, whatsoever, hugging us in front of their friends or climbing up in their Mamaw's lap.

How wonderful! I really hope my DS is like this too as he gets older. My DH definitely had the "too cool" attitude in high school so I'm not going to allow him to influence DS too much.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #199
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey everybody! I'm trying to get around to responding to all the posts. I'm glad you guys are still around for the fun and that I have newbies to my thread.

I've noticed that a few of you are staying at the CBR for the first time. So, until I can get a new installment up, I thought I'd post the CBR information that I've compiled over our three stays.

Here it goes:

Before we booked our first stay there, I read all the info on the boards and wasn't too concerned 'cause we were going to be in Disney and we wouldn't be spending too much time at our resort. One thing I couldn't find on the boards was a very detailed report about the room, the food court, the pools, etc. I wanted to know what kind of furniture the rooms had. I wanted to know if I would see bunnies at the resort. I wanted to know if the buses ran regularly. I wanted to know what kind of food was served in the food court. I wanted to know everything!

So, I decided that I would make notes during my stay and come back and post everything I could about the CBR.

We have stayed at the CBR three now and absolutely loved everything about it! A stay at the CBR is like two vacations in one. You get a Disney vacation but you also get a nice beach vacation.

The resort is a large resort but that means that the guests are spread out and you don't feel crowded. You will check in/out at the Custom House which is at the front of the resort. Some people don't like the fact that it's located away from the other resort buildings but think of it this way....more than likely, you won't have to visit the Custom House more than twice during your stay...once to check in and once to check out. If you do need to visit the Custom House and don't want to walk, you can always take the internal shuttle bus.

The resort is made up of several different villages. Each village has several "clusters" of buildings that are all painted bright colors. For instance, Jamaica buildings are yellow and Martinque buildings are blue. There is a promenade/walkway that connects each of the villages and makes a complete loop around the resort lake. The walk around the promenade is just 1.4 miles all the way around. We really enjoyed talking walks around the promenade and checking out the landscaping and the other buildings. There's an abundance of gorgeous flowers and bushes and, yes, you'll see all kinds of birds, bunnies, squirrels and lizards.

There are several different views at the CBR. There are standard view rooms which means you could be overlooking either the parking lot or a courtyard and then there are the water view rooms. The water view rooms mean you will either be overlooking the lake or the pool. In my honest opinion, I wouldn't pay the extra money for a water view room. I would book a standard view room and ask for a courtyard view. The courtyards are really pretty with umbrella tables and benches. Even the parking lot views aren't all that bad since the landscaping is lush and dense. Your parking lot view will most likely be obstructed by trees anyway.

You can also pay an extra fee for a preferred location. The preferred locations are situated near Old Port Royale (main pool/food court/store, etc.) We don't mind walking so we never pay for a preferred location.

Now, the walk around the promenade is 1.4 miles and Old Port Royale is located almost smack in the middle of the promenade. This means no matter where your village is located, you are never more than half that far to Old Port Royale. We actually like the walks to and from our villages (Jamiaca once and Martinque twice) to Old Port Royale.

It's quite easy to get turned around a bit in the different villages. The paths weave in and out and you can take a wrong path and end up at the wrong building. I'm not saying you'll wander around and around forever. You'll just need to pay attention the first few times you leave your room so you'll get familiar with the pathways.

Each of the villages has their own laundry facility, quiet pool and beach. The laundry facilities are right next to the quiet pools so it's easy to swim and wash your clothes at the same time. The white sandy beaches are beautiful. The beaches have hammocks and beach chairs and some even have small playgrounds and volleyball nets. You can see higher Epcot fireworks from some of the beaches and you can definitely see them from Old Port Royale.

While I am on the subject of the buildings, I will go ahead and give you information on the rooms. The rooms are 340 square feet and will have either a king size bed or two full size beds. We have four in our group so we have always had the rooms with two beds.

The bedroom section of the room also has a nightstand in between the beds and a table with two chairs. Above the table is a large mirror. The dresser that holds the television has large and small drawers.

The refrigerator is enclosed in the dresser. Don't be surprised if your refrigerator doesn't feel like it is cooling. If this happens to you, just simply open the door of the cabinet and give the refrigerator some breathing room. This happened to us during two of our stays. The first time, we called maintenance and they told us to do this but they also gave us another refrigerator. They never took out refrigerator number one so we ended up with two refrigerators which was a plus for us. (the other one started cooling great when we opened the door). So, every morning when we left, we just left the door of the refrigerator cabinet open when we left. Sometimes, mousekeeping would close the door back, sometimes they wouldn't. I think they know why we left it open.

Also in the bedroom section of the room, will be a large padded bench. Underneath the bench is a large drawer which is great for storing all your large bags of souveniers. Above the bench is a peg shelf where you can hang your backpacks, hats, etc.

In the sink/closet area, there is a semi-large closet rod which will probably have about a dozen wooden hangers on it. We brought along some extra wire hangers and just left them there when we checked out. There was more than enough room to hang our clothes. There is a long shelf above the rod too. Also in this section is a iron and ironing board. A small safe is in the wall just behind the privacy curtain. It's small and thin and won't hold much but it's okay for storing your extra money, wallets, small games, etc.

The two sinks are enclosed in a wooden cabinet which has two storage areas. Two sinks are a real plus in our book. Comes in real handy when everybody is trying to get ready at once.

The toilet and bathtub/shower are in a separate room from the sink/closet. There were no loose tiles or mold in our bathroom 'cause I checked. The size is about the same as a typical motel/hotel bathroom.

You will find that a hairdryer, coffeepot and alarm clock are all standard in the CBR rooms. I, personally, don't use the hairdryers because I need more power to dry my hair but my husband and son don't mind them.

Mousekeeping always did a fine job cleaning the room. They would replinish the toiletries and the towels/washclothes daily. Disney will not change your linens every day. If you want your sheets changed, you will need to leave a note for them or simply take the sheets off the bed and put them in a pile near the door.

If you want to sleep in one day, just leave your Do Not Disturb sign on the door and mousekeeping will leave you a big bag containing towels, washclothes and toiletries.

The air conditioners worked very well. There were not the old loud clunkers you'll find elsewhere. They were actually pretty quiet and sometimes it got downright cold in our room.

Bus service at the CBR was efficient during both of our stays. The longest wait we ever had was about 20 minutes and that was because we just missed the Epcot bus. I mean we, literally, saw it driving away while we were walking across the parking lot. It also wasn't during peak travel time, it was mid-morning.

Oh yeah, each village has their own covered bus stop too. This means that the buses will make a complete round around the resort before leaving the resort. I never found this to be a problem but some people don't like it. The villages of Jamaica and Martinique are the starting points for the bus pickup/drop off. Since there are two bus entrances to the resort, the first stop depends on which entrance the bus used.

As I said before, there is an internal shuttle bus that will take you around the resort if you don't want to walk. Just go to the nearest bus stop and wait for one to come around and pick you up.

In the middle of the lake is an island complete with picnic tables, hammocks and benches. It was a nice place for us to go and sit and listen to the Caribbean themed music.

The main pool was under rehab during our most recent stay but we did peak through the construction walls to get a glimpse. From all of the recent reviews and pics, the new pool is outstanding.

Banana Cabana is the CBR's pool bar and is situated in the seating area around the main pool. There are lots of umbrella tables so you could purchase a nice frozen drink and sip it while relaxing.

Old Port Royale is home to the arcade, store, package pickup, Shutters and the food court. Let me start with the arcade. It's not really big but it's not small either. There were enough games to handle the June crowds. You simply purchase a refillable game card and play to your heart's content. The refillable card was a cute souvenier for our scrapbook too.

The store is divided in two with one side selling tropical and pirate themed items and the other selling the more traditional Disney merchandise. One of the unique souveniers that can be found at the CBR are the coconut postcards. They are actual coconuts with mailing labels on them. You can either mail it to your friends and family or you can take one or two home with you.

Package pickup is located in the right hand side of the store. You will also find magazines, sundries, snacks, drinks, etc. near the package pickup desk.

We were pleasantly surprised by the food court selections. The food court is divided into different stations. You simply line up, order your food and then go to a central cashier to check out. The grab n go section was our favorite. There, you will find lots of fresh bakery items (muffins, breads, cakes, cookies, etc.), fresh fruit, yogurt, jellos, sandwiches, salads, drinks and snacks. Another section has fresh tossed salads, pizza, pasta and breadsticks. You'll find a variety of deli sandwiches at another station. Of course, Disney has to have a burger and hot dog station as that is their main staple. At dinner, the last station serves rotissiere meats and vegetables.

During the morning hours, the menus include bakery items, Mickey waffles (with or without fruit), pancakes, omelets, eggs, biscuits and breakfast meats. At the grab n go section, there are assorted cereals and bakery items.

The seating area of the food court was fairly large. We never had a problem finding a table. The drink station has a variety of drinks to choose from. We didn't purchase the refillable mugs because we drive and are able to bring along extra water, drinks, milk, etc.

There are two microwaves and toasters in the food court and are available for guests to use. The condiment counter had lots of jams, jellies, sauces, etc.

If you guys have time, you might want to consider rentng the surrey bikes from the marina. They are a fun way to see the resort. They are built for four people and are so cute. The marina also rents small watermice and pontoon boats. The lifejackets are available in assorted sizes and are free to use.

Lets see, did I forget anything? I don't think I have but if you think of something that I didn't answer, just post it and I'll try to provide a response. If I don't know the answer, I know that some of the other avid CBR fans will be able too.

Hope this helps!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #200
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Wow, what details! Thank goodness for the dis. Without this website, I don't think I would know anything about WDW.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #201
Gabes_mommy
Hoping to convert her DS into a fellow Disney fanatic

I just read your HS update - it looks like you had a great day. I love the pictures of the crafty squirrel.

Thanks for all the info about CBR - we are staying there for the first time in September and I can't wait.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #202
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great Updates!!! I love all the pictures of Lights,Motor,Action show. We saw it for the first time in April and loved it!!! That's so awesome that the CM had everyone sing "Happy Birthday" to your son. What a great thing to do!! I'm sure it made your son's day. We have never seen Fantasmic before but really want to try to on our trip in August. Great pictures!!!
Can't wait to read more......
I only posted about half of the Lights, Motor Action show. At least those were some of the pictures that were retrieved.

Hunter thought it was really cool that everybody stopped to sing to him. What a great castmember!

You gotta see Fantasmic. It's a truly awesome show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Great updates!!! Congrats on just about being paid...that is a wonderful feeling!!!

The squirrel that is too much...you seem to pick up on it all, I look at the bigger picture to see the small details; I really need to slow down.

We did catch the Nemo show...I had watched an interview w/the puppeteers they said you are suppose to watch both the puppet and the puppeteer if that helps...it did help me, I was a little taken aback when one of the people started singing w/o his puppet --lol!! I have to day I did enjoy it and Ashton did too!! Can't wait to see what he does next year.
I love it when you get down to just the last few hundreds of dollars on paying the trip off. I know I always feel like at least if something happens around the house, I can still find a couple of hundred dollars somewhere.

We are going to give the Nemo show another try because Lacey hasn't seen it. But, to us, the show was just....well....weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylove69 View Post
I love the squirrel pics.
Me too! For the first few years that we went to Disney, we concentrated on seeing and doing everything we possibly could. Now that we have 13 trips under our belt, I try to find the out of the ordinary things. This squirrel was out of the ordinary thing this trip. Crafty little thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthemoon4mickey View Post
I just found your trip report and you can count me in! We too are going this August (15th-23rd). I loved the surprise, all the pee pee stories, laughed out loud at the tooth(could have been worse...my friend swallowed hers!!!) and got a chuckle out of the nut thief...I can't wait for more!

Oh and bonus.....I love the ghost hunter story thrown in as an extra treat!!!
Thanks for joining in. August can't get here soon enough. We will be there August 6th through the 15th.

I'm glad I was able to provide you with a few chuckles. We are a funny bunch of folks and we don't even try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhappythought5 View Post
Just found your TR and finished catching up. Wow what fun so far. So you stay at CBR alot. This upcoming trip will be our first time. We normally like POR
But we are trying something new.
What a great time. That is great that so many people stopped to sing to Hunter.
I can't wait to read more.
Yeah, the CBR is a great resort. We wanted to try something new this year and we thought we'd have family traveling with us (they needed a value resort) so we chose to book a stay at Pop. I'm sure gonna miss the CBR though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Sounds like a great day at DHS! And ending with Fantasmic...what could be better?!

Cute squirrel pictures...that sneaky little thing!
There's nothing better than ending a hot and tiring day with a fantastic Disney show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Wow, I haven't read in a while and I missed 8 pages! Great TR; love the toilet and tooth stories and your ablility to laugh at yourself. I thought things like that only happened to me.

Glad you liked TSM. It was being built on our last trip so I can't wait to try.

BTW, I just booked a ressie for 9/19-27 at CBR; it's our first stay there. I hope we like it. I can't wait!
I'm glad you're all caught up. Oh, if some kind of crazy thing is gonna happen, it's gonna happen to me! It's like I am a mishap magnet or something.

The CBR is a great resort. I'll be posting more pictures that I took of the resort soon.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #203
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Oh, that is just creepy about your office. You should play a game: leave the bathroom door locked and see if it maybe becomes "unlocked" during the night!
Oooh Mel, I forgot to post something earlier today but my boss just came in fussing about the bathroom door again. We decided to lock the bathroom door over the weekend. Guess what!!!!???!!! When I came in this morning, I went to the bathroom and it was unlocked!!!!! I've gotta bring my camera in and take some pictures so you can see what kind of bells I am talking about that are NOT ringing!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #204
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizz13 View Post
Hi again

What a great day at DHS, you got so much done! And congrats on being guest of the hour. Have to say i think Hunter looks great in his hat, maybe a bit hot, but still great
I'm sooo sorry, I just realized I didn't respond to your earlier post. We did have a great day at Hollywood Studios. It was hot but nothing like the heat of Louisiana. Heck, today, our high is supposed to be 96 and it's just the middle of June.

Hunter thought he was quite the looker in his hat. When we were in Missouri, he bought a whip at Silver Dollar City so he's all set to look like Indiana Jones.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #205
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting your trip report! I am enjoying it!

We are headed for our third trip in October and I can hardly wait. The kids don't know yet but we will tell them before we go. We are going with my MIL and FIL and SIL and her family. Part of the fun will be planning with their cousins!

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
Old 06-15-2009, 05:48 PM   #206
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Wow, what details! Thank goodness for the dis. Without this website, I don't think I would know anything about WDW.
Like I said in my detailed post, I wanted to know everything about the CBR. When I say everything, I meant everything. But, I couldn't find EVERYTHING. Thus, the birth of my details for all my fellow Disers to see.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #207
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
Thanks for posting your trip report! I am enjoying it!

We are headed for our third trip in October and I can hardly wait. The kids don't know yet but we will tell them before we go. We are going with my MIL and FIL and SIL and her family. Part of the fun will be planning with their cousins!

It was super hard keeping the secret but well worth the wait. His reaction was priceless. I hope you're able to keep the secret as long as you can.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:28 PM   #208
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Another great update .

25 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 PM   #209
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Just a teaser....sorry ya'll! Day three was our Magic Kingdom day. Did we make it to rope drop? You'll have to wait until tomorrow for an update.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #210
vleeth
I heart Disney

No fair teasing us that way!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: