Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #1696
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have mine on private too. But every time you post it it is out for everyone basically. LOL! So each time someone reads a TR and the page loads with that picture it takes up bandwith,,,or at least that was how it was explained to me.

Thank you for the explanation. Some things I pick right up on and others well it is just left to the imagination.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #1697
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
exactly!
Okay. Thanks! I wasn't sure I read that right!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #1698
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okey dokey, I've got a few spare minutes now.

Wasn't it just the best thing ever that Lacey got her grant!!!! The most we have ever gotten is $3,000.00. Don't get me wrong, I will take anything we can get but it feels so good to receive more. Especially since her tuition is now well over $11,000.00! Thank goodness, she is able to work off some of her actual mission expenses by being the children church pastor. We'll be owing the mission money for years but that's okay.

I really want to keep the new routine up at the house. We have three entry doors to the house and the one they use most is the utility room which looks straight into the kitchen. Our snack bar is the first thing people see when they come in my door and I don't want it to be junky all the time.

I think I can get Hunter to keep his room semi-clean so long as I remind him every night to pick it up. The poor thing has no place to sit anything but on the floor. John started building him some cabinets and a desk for his room but then a "paying customer" came along and the project got put on hold. Isn't that the way it always goes? We were in our house almost 10 years before I got my large entertainment center built.

Hunter just called. He has Math homework. He said it was easy and he finished most of it in class. I am always leery about that. I want to actually see that he's done it. It's not that I don't trust him, I just want to see it completed.

Let's move on to the "dipping" subject. I've got a weird one for ya. Lacey buys an ice cream shake and fries and dips her fries in her shake. She said the mission kids go through Ranch dressing like nobody's business. Hunter's not much of a dipper. Pretty much the only thing he likes is ketchup.

Ginny, I have to keep Miracle Whip and mayo at our house too. John likes to put Miracle Whip on his peas and mix them up. Everybody in his family does it. I think it's disgusting looking but he says it is good. He doesn't care too much for mayonnaise but will eat it if we don't have Miracle Whip.

When we went to Toy Story Pizza Planet, we saw a little boy and girl put a whole packet of Ranch salad dressing on their pizza. They just spread it all around the top. It actually didn't look too bad.

About photobucket....I am photobucket stupid too so ya'll don't feel bad. Thank goodness, Jen can explain it to us. Right now, I have over 2,000 pictures on their site. This includes last year's Disney trip, Lacey's graduation, a few others and then the ones that I have uploaded from this year's trip. I am sure that I'll go way over my limit and will probably do as Connie suggested and open another photobucket account using John's name and another email address.

Back to work!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #1699
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I was going to tell you I know of a really good cabinet maker. Maybe if you would offer him the "right price" he might be more accomodating. I do like ice cream and chips. It's that salty/sweet mixture. And I will eat anesthesia donuts (powdered to those of you who have never smelled ether) with anything. A coke is best or chocolate milk.

My dippers use Ranch if mayo is not available. I don't dip anything. I don't like ketchup. Alex dips everything in mustard. I don't know where these knucklers get such ideas.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #1700
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!! Lisa

Just seen some of your CBR pic!!! The one of Hunter trying to look so relaxed is so cute! you can see the EXCITEMENT and happiness in his entire face.

Have a Great Day!!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #1701
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
I was going to tell you I know of a really good cabinet maker. Maybe if you would offer him the "right price" he might be more accomodating. I do like ice cream and chips. It's that salty/sweet mixture. And I will eat anesthesia donuts (powdered to those of you who have never smelled ether) with anything. A coke is best or chocolate milk.

My dippers use Ranch if mayo is not available. I don't dip anything. I don't like ketchup. Alex dips everything in mustard. I don't know where these knucklers get such ideas.
Yeah, I know a really good cabinet maker too. It's just that he already knows I'll cook for him, clean house for him, wash his clothes, and you can imagine what else. It's just when you're self employed you've gotta take those "paying" jobs whenever the customer calls. Hunter will get his cabinet/desk soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Good Morning!! Lisa

Just seen some of your CBR pic!!! The one of Hunter trying to look so relaxed is so cute! you can see the EXCITEMENT and happiness in his entire face.

Have a Great Day!!
He's just like his Mama, he wants to drop his bags and go do something. I told him to get on the bed and relax and that's the best he could do.

I am posting more CBR pictures over on that thread. I had some requests for pictures before I left.

I think I may go ahead and start my trip report soon even though I haven't uploaded Lacey's pictures yet. I've just got to come up with a catchy title. I have a few in mind but haven't decided which one to use.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM   #1702
hhockman
DIS Veteran

That's it, I'm headed to the CBR thread so I can see your pictures. Can't wait any longer.

Looking forward to seeing what title you come up with!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #1703
uprivermama
Earning My Ears

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I've been keeping up!

Dipping: When I was in high school, we used to walk over to the local diner after school and order a big order of fries and vanilla milkshakes and dip the fries in the shake. So good! Such a vivid sensory memory for me too! I also love ranch for dipping pizza and breadsticks and good tarter sauce for fries.

The Dump Zone: Our's is the kitchen counter. Drives me insane. Mail, bags, toys, paystubs (DH's), keys, and everything else. I clean it up about once a week, but no system ever keeps it clutter free. I've hung up a set of hooks for keys, put a basket for DH's man clutter (I swear, he needs a purse more than I do), nothing works.

Homework/Procrastination: My older son is a smart kid, well behaved in class, even got a 4.0 GPA the first semester last year. Imagine my surprise when I got his mid term progress report for 2nd semester and he was FLUNKING two subjects!!! He forgot to turn in assignments or he forgot to do the assignments in the first place. When he gets a big assignment like a report, I have to sit down and plan out with him what he needs to accomplish by what date, like you need to have an outline by Friday, first draft by Weds, artwork drawn by Thurs., etc. If he didn't take completely after me in this capacity, I would go crazy. But I was always the same way at his age.

Congrats on Lacey's grant. It is such a relief to get that kind of help, and know it's not going to be hanging over your head when you're done with school to pay it back.

Laundry lovingly produced by DH , DS9 : & DS 11

DL 1984, 1991, 1996, 2003, 2005, 2007
Old 08-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #1704
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning girls. I just got to work this morning. Had Dr. appointment and mammogram. Dr. visit went well. He says I'm good. There were no 'markers' on the thyroid scan. That is a good thing. I have to go back in the fall for the final thyroid test and if it is good they probably won't check it anymore. It is a combination scan/blood work. Every day for a week. Flame me. First mammo in 5 years. Bad me. Hope everyone has a great day. Now I must go get caught up on reports.

Ginny

Old 08-20-2009, 01:36 PM   #1705
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
That's it, I'm headed to the CBR thread so I can see your pictures. Can't wait any longer.

Looking forward to seeing what title you come up with!
Did you get a look see at the CBR? I posted lots of them and that's not even all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprivermama View Post
Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I've been keeping up!

Dipping: When I was in high school, we used to walk over to the local diner after school and order a big order of fries and vanilla milkshakes and dip the fries in the shake. So good! Such a vivid sensory memory for me too! I also love ranch for dipping pizza and breadsticks and good tarter sauce for fries.

The Dump Zone: Our's is the kitchen counter. Drives me insane. Mail, bags, toys, paystubs (DH's), keys, and everything else. I clean it up about once a week, but no system ever keeps it clutter free. I've hung up a set of hooks for keys, put a basket for DH's man clutter (I swear, he needs a purse more than I do), nothing works.

Homework/Procrastination: My older son is a smart kid, well behaved in class, even got a 4.0 GPA the first semester last year. Imagine my surprise when I got his mid term progress report for 2nd semester and he was FLUNKING two subjects!!! He forgot to turn in assignments or he forgot to do the assignments in the first place. When he gets a big assignment like a report, I have to sit down and plan out with him what he needs to accomplish by what date, like you need to have an outline by Friday, first draft by Weds, artwork drawn by Thurs., etc. If he didn't take completely after me in this capacity, I would go crazy. But I was always the same way at his age.

Congrats on Lacey's grant. It is such a relief to get that kind of help, and know it's not going to be hanging over your head when you're done with school to pay it back.
I can relate to everything you just posted! I often tell John he needs a "murse" a/k/a Man Purse.

Hunter is really bad about not turning in his homework. I don't know why 'cause he'll have it done but just not turn it in. What's up with that? Boys!

Quote:
Good morning girls. I just got to work this morning. Had Dr. appointment and mammogram. Dr. visit went well. He says I'm good. There were no 'markers' on the thyroid scan. That is a good thing. I have to go back in the fall for the final thyroid test and if it is good they probably won't check it anymore. It is a combination scan/blood work. Every day for a week. Flame me. First mammo in 5 years. Bad me. Hope everyone has a great day. Now I must go get caught up on reports.

Ginny
I'm not gonna fuss at you 'cause I am a year and a half overdue for a yearly checkup. John gets on to me on a near daily basis. I just say how would you like somebody to stick a..........................I'll stop 'cause ya'll can probably figure out what I say.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #1706
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Your pictures on the CBR pics thread are amazing!! I can't wait for more!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #1707
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I checked out your CBR pics. Very good. Now if they just had queen beds it would be ideal. Hunter is a hoot. Just chillin'.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #1708
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Your pictures on the CBR pics thread are amazing!! I can't wait for more!
Thanks a bunch. I have many more somewhere on photobucket. Just gotta find them.

Quote:
I checked out your CBR pics. Very good. Now if they just had queen beds it would be ideal. Hunter is a hoot. Just chillin'.
I thought they turned out pretty good, especially the outside ones. The double beds were the only slight problem we had with the CBR this go round. Usually, it's just John, Hunter and I. Hunter and I will sleep in a bed and give John one to himself. Since Lacey came along this time, we had to sleep two to a bed. It wasn't too bad though since by the time we hit the bed, we were all dog tired and didn't even notice how big or small the beds were.

Hunter wasn't chillin' for long. He was ready to get out the door and explore.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #1709
uprivermama
Earning My Ears

Lisa, if we ever stay onsite, I think your CBR pics are enough to convince me it would be our resort of choice. I love the theming! It seems like a great contrast to the theme park atmosphere, like you're getting the best of both worlds staying there... super duper WDW theme park plus relaxing, luxurious tropical resort too.

Small hijack here--can I plug my PTR I just started? Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post33240183

You are one of my main inspirations for starting it!

Laundry lovingly produced by DH , DS9 : & DS 11

DL 1984, 1991, 1996, 2003, 2005, 2007
Old 08-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #1710
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprivermama View Post
Lisa, if we ever stay onsite, I think your CBR pics are enough to convince me it would be our resort of choice. I love the theming! It seems like a great contrast to the theme park atmosphere, like you're getting the best of both worlds staying there... super duper WDW theme park plus relaxing, luxurious tropical resort too.

Small hijack here--can I plug my PTR I just started? Here's the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post33240183

You are one of my main inspirations for starting it!
Those are almost the exact words that John and I use to describe the CBR. It's a vacation within a Disney vacation.

I have told all of you that there is no such thing as "hijacking" my threads. Everybody is welcome to plug, say or do whatever they want here. We're just a bunch of crazy Dis friends. I'm gonna head over to your thread right now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: